jimbrown

10 years later

Don't think context makes a difference?

Hey Asshole!

I certainly hope the moderators make an example of you for that comment, not only is it ad hominem but it is a text book personal attack and against the forum rules.

If you are not willing to appologise, I am not willing to further dialogue with you.

By all means then, utilize that logic and show us where the President has ordered a withdrawal and been disobeyed by the General.

I believe the president does not have that power anymore; the president is a puppet for the military industrial complex primarily due to them paying for him to get there.

There will only ever be a willing withdrawal when the geopolitical objective is achieved.

I believe you are well aware of this but are not willing to openly admit it as it will put your reason into question and expose your weakness and faults.

Freedom, democracy and homeland security has nothing to do with it.

Do you know anything about the history of Afghanistan and the seemingly continuous war that has taken place there over the past couple of hundred years?

Don't think context makes a difference?

Hey Asshole!

I certainly hope the moderators make an example of you for that comment, not only is it ad hominem but it is a text book personal attack and against the forum rules.

If you are not willing to appologise, I am not willing to further dialogue with you.

Are you sure you are really a skydiver..... WTF????

Go fuck yourself

I am quite surprised with how childish many of the people here are, I had been warned but this discussion has clarified that considerably.

Some very valid points have been presented based on a decade of experiences we have all been exposed to, which are pertinent to the future and stability of our current civilisation.

I'm sure the Afghanistan and Iraqi citizens will be more aware than the lazy-boy warriors here.

Unfortunately the fear of acknowledging the truth is so immense that ad hominem and personal attacks are all that can be presented to the contrary of these points by people that suggest they have a deep understanding of the subject.

Ego is likely the main reason these discussions end up this way, humans are quite reluctant to admit fault at the best of times.

This is the attitude that allows the oligarchs to ransack your country and remove the basic rights which your ancestors paid with their lives for.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late, or is it already?

Seems that way, or is that just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4y_twnvSxU&feature=youtu.be

Yep, removing a government that prohibits women from getting an education and condones their torture by "men" is a complete failure. How dare we stand up for human rights

So, are we invading Saudi Arabia next week?
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

This is the attitude that allows the oligarchs to ransack your country and remove the basic rights which your ancestors paid with their lives for.

There is a lot of shit going on in the world these days. Just remember, it works both ways. Our ancestors who fought and died for us, allowing us to speak freely (something you are doing right now). So remember as you show the world through this and other threads how much hate that exists in your own head towards the USA (who are far from perfect, who have themselves been responsible for the deaths of innocent people). Just remember certain things in Afghanistan were common occurrences before the NATO forces showed up.

As much as you hate the USA, they never did this

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yep, removing a government that prohibits women from getting an education and condones their torture by "men" is a complete failure. How dare we stand up for human rights

And that has what to do with success/failure in Afghanistan?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

By all means then, utilize that logic and show us where the President has ordered a withdrawal and been disobeyed by the General.

I believe the president does not have that power anymore; the president is a puppet for the military industrial complex primarily due to them paying for him to get there.

There will only ever be a willing withdrawal when the geopolitical objective is achieved.

I believe you are well aware of this but are not willing to openly admit it as it will put your reason into question and expose your weakness and faults.

Freedom, democracy and homeland security has nothing to do with it.

Do you know anything about the history of Afghanistan and the seemingly continuous war that has taken place there over the past couple of hundred years?

So, in other words, you have zero facts to back you up but lots of (your own) personal opinion.
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.
HAMMER:

We didn't go into Afghanistan in the name of human rights. We went there out of a matter of national security to hunt down terrorists in the name of making the world a safer place, which it has failed to do, especially for Afghans.

To claim that removing the government in the name of human rights makes the mission successful is like claiming that we went to Vietnam because "Charlie don't surf"!

The violence and discrimination against women in Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Iran have little to do with the government. It has to do with religion, tradition, sociology, and beliefs. Even installing a "democracy" won't change that because the government will simply reflect the social values of the people. Hence, how dare we claim that our definition of "human rights" is any better than anyone else's when we can't agree domestically on gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty.

It so much easier to define for others what's right and wrong when we can drop bombs on them when we can't even work it out for ourselves, peacefully.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

The violence and discrimination against women in Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Iran have little to do with the government. It has to do with religion, tradition, sociology, and beliefs. Even installing a "democracy" won't change that because the government will simply reflect the social values of the people.

Except for the fact that one method of control used is trying to keep the people uneducated so they can't choose for themselves.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

A.H.

Hmmmmm... looks very much like a PA!

Chuck

No just another dufus who does not know squat about skydiving or its history.. making themselves look even worse than they already managed with other "openings of their pie hole" by way of their typing.

A.H.

Chuck

No just another dufus who does not know squat about skydiving or its history.. making themselves look even worse than they already managed with other "openings of their pie hole" by way of their typing.

Real easy for some folks to hide in anonymity behind a computer and be real brave! :D

Chuck

Chuck

I take it you comprehention skills are not very good.

I clearly stated a number od posts back that A.H. is my abbreviation for Ad Hominem.

The amount of times I have had to use this word is unprecedented because it seems it is all many of the folk here have to go on when it comes to discussion US foreighn policy

We didn't go into Afghanistan in the name of human rights. We went there out of a matter of national security to hunt down terrorists in the name of making the world a safer place, which it has failed to do, especially for Afghans.

To claim that removing the government in the name of human rights makes the mission successful is like claiming that we went to Vietnam because "Charlie don't surf"!

The violence and discrimination against women in Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Iran have little to do with the government. It has to do with religion, tradition, sociology, and beliefs. Even installing a "democracy" won't change that because the government will simply reflect the social values of the people. Hence, how dare we claim that our definition of "human rights" is any better than anyone else's when we can't agree domestically on gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty.

It so much easier to define for others what's right and wrong when we can drop bombs on them when we can't even work it out for ourselves, peacefully.

Ok, now I understand. You don't feel human rights are worth fighting for and you think that unless a mission completed 100% of it's goals to perfection it is a total failure regardless of any censequential good that was done.
Got it. ;)
HAMMER:

Chuck

I take it you comprehention skills are not very good.

I clearly stated a number od posts back that A.H. is my abbreviation for Ad Hominem.

The amount of times I have had to use this word is unprecedented because it seems it is all many of the folk here have to go on when it comes to discussion US foreighn policy

That's OK, your response to Wendy is a treasure trove of information about you.