BrokenR1

Addicts putting pharmacies under siege

"My technician came back and showed me the note that said, 'Give me your OxyContin. I have a gun,' " Donohue said.

Turns out, that was how the prescription was written. These doctors, they're out of control.

:D:D

What has the civilized world come to when we force our most vulnerable drug addicts to live a life riddled with crime. Where's the compassion?

I'd read before that pharmaceuticals were worth big bucks on the street, but didn't realize it was that prevalent - thanks for the link.

Criminals have been into oxycontin for a while now.... just look at Lush Rimjob... it was his drug of choiice too.

I'd read before that pharmaceuticals were worth big bucks on the street, but didn't realize it was that prevalent - thanks for the link.

Criminals have been into oxycontin for a while now.... just look at Lush Rimjob... it was his drug of choiice too.

he represents the white collar side of the scourge - they just shop for more doctors to get more script. But for the most part, they are only harming themselves.

But for the ones that are robbing the pharmacies, a bit different story. Let's see Skydekker's comment on this story and his insistence that it's better for the companies to just let the robbers have what they want.

And damn that extreme liberal ACLU group for helping him out on that too. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

And damn that extreme liberal ACLU group for helping him out on that too. ;)

Hey.. Damn them for supporting that whole constitution thing... but not that much of a step down from defending some of his fellow travellers when they wanted to march in Skokie.

if you've had chronic severe extreme pain you would 'get it.' I have had it, wouldnt wish it on anyone. No I didnt get into those really strong painkillers, fortunately.

I do have severe chronic pain... I could get them if I wanted.. I prefer to deal with life with an un-muddled head

DOPERS no matter who they are and no matter their drug of choice SUCK ASS ... they can use all the excuses they want, it boils down to a weak mind

DOPERS no matter who they are and no matter their drug of choice SUCK ASS ... they can use all the excuses they want, it boils down to a weak mind

in the ER, I was told a few times that the vicodin they were giving me was not addictive. And for a couple months, that pain killing was necessary. Even with that short an interval, it was an annoying week getting away from it.

Last year when I had the more mild rotator cuff repair, I took a single dose that night, and then no more.

all the more reason to legalize it all, tax it and put it out there. Empty the prisons from drug offenders and spend the money on rehab projects.

painkillers are legalized and fully available. All you need is a doc signing off on the need, at an appropriate dosage. I don't foresee opening it up further. Medical pot doesn't have any quantity limitations because the nature of pot - both in addictive tendencies and in consequences.

All you need is a doc signing off on the need, at an appropriate dosage. I don't foresee opening it up further

Well if you 'don't see opening it up further', then the robberies will likely continue.....

legalize it, sell it at 7-11, tax it like cigarettes and beer, just like you can buy at 7-11,

All you need is a doc signing off on the need, at an appropriate dosage. I don't foresee opening it up further

Well if you 'don't see opening it up further', then the robberies will likely continue.....

legalize it, sell it at 7-11, tax it like cigarettes and beer, just like you can buy at 7-11,

Yeah... now there is a safe place to work..those things get hit all the tiome ... the same butt stains hit those with a far greater frequency.

As long as our economic system and elected officials support only the have it alls we will be buried with those without resources. There is a rather large underclass taking what they want rather than working for it on all those jobs the have it alls were supposed to create so people can work for their wants and needs with their miniscule trickle down.

Convenience stores and liquor stores get robbed all the time. If you get them to include narcotics in their inventory, they'll likely get robbed even more. But yeah, maybe the pharmacy robberies would decline if the good drugs went somewhere else.

Convenience stores and liquor stores get robbed all the time

yes they do, but they don't get robbed particularly for the beer and cigarettes. They get robbed for money.

We have drunks, we have alcoholics, we have chain smokers and we have a health care crisis due to smoking. Society accepts this as an 'acceptable risk'.

We offer counseling and the freedom of choice for smokers and drunks, we may as well try the same set of rules for drugs and drug addiction.

Can the DEA, can the 'war of drugs', can all the laws regarding the use of drugs and open it up. I bet we save tens of billions of dollars each year and I bet society is no worse off because of it.

Fer sure what we are doing now is not working -

Morphine was once a mail order product. I don't have complete knowledge on the history of that subject, but I don't think it worked out all that well.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Let's see Skydekker's comment on this story and his insistence that it's better for the companies to just let the robbers have what they want.

Better and cheaper are not the same thing.

from the company standpoint, they generally are. But again it's a short term versus long term viewpoint.

We offer counseling and the freedom of choice for smokers and drunks, we may as well try the same set of rules for drugs and drug addiction.

Can the DEA, can the 'war of drugs', can all the laws regarding the use of drugs and open it up. I bet we save tens of billions of dollars each year and I bet society is no worse off because of it.

I generally support the legalization of all drugs, but I don't know about canning ALL of the laws regarding drug use. (Maybe that's not exactly what you meant??) I would hope we would keep regulations on age and where the drugs could be sold, driving under the influence, etc.

Not sure that society would be "no worse off because of it." We'd likely be trading certain problems for others.

Convenience stores and liquor stores get robbed all the time

yes they do, but they don't get robbed particularly for the beer and cigarettes. They get robbed for money.

We have drunks, we have alcoholics, we have chain smokers and we have a health care crisis due to smoking. Society accepts this as an 'acceptable risk'.

Fer sure what we are doing now is not working -

Nah, keep the DEA. Just put them under the IRS so they can be used to collect the taxes.

They can even keep their name. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.