stevebabin

All in the name of god.

Babin strikes again!
P.S. I like the vid you linked on Fartbook

Scary stuff in that vid...:o
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

I could never fathom the mindset that can simultaneously hold these beliefs:

1. My god is the one, true, all-powerful god and controls the universe.

2. My religion is so fragile that if someone...somewhere...burns a book, or draws/writes a critical picture/book, then it will irreparably harm my religion.

Seems like the one, true god would not need the help of man to cope with the actions of the non-believers.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thousands and thousands of innocents have been murdered in the name of:
"God save America,...God is with us"
Short memory syndrom, I guess..... B|

Well now that you have your foot back in the door in North Africa... you can get back to the good old French Colonial Days you became infamous for...

And many more have been killed for" You have shit I want". Eliminating religion is not going to curb war, we'll find another reason to kick the shit out of each other. [:/]

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

And many more have been killed for" You have shit I want". Eliminating religion is not going to curb war, we'll find another reason to kick the shit out of each other. [:/]

I would say the French have a HUGE head start on I want your shit.... by hunderds of years.

There would be less war if we kept the imaginary friends out of the picture. If someone is gullible enough to believe that shit, you can get them to do just about anything.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "-Stephen Weinberg
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

There would be less war if we kept the imaginary friends out of the picture. If someone is gullible enough to believe that shit, you can get them to do just about anything.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "-Stephen Weinberg
Hmmm. But pretty much all of the major wars of the last 4 centuries were not religious. And the most aggressively anti-religious regimes were often the most murderous. (USSR and China).
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Bullshit. I've seen good people turn to bad things for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with religion. You need a target to point you're frustrations at, whatever. Bottom line, people are fucking animals, and enlightened. We are always a mixed bag, and if we weren't killing each other in the name of god, it would be over a fucking twinkie.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Bullshit. I've seen good people turn to bad things for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with religion. You need a target to point you're frustrations at, whatever. Bottom line, people are fucking animals, and enlightened. We are always a mixed bag, and if we weren't killing each other in the name of god, it would be over a fucking twinkie.

Yep. Weinberg is wrong. People who start out good can turn to evil sometimes, and it has nothing to do with religion. One example would be Che Guevara. Originally it appears that he genuinely wanted to help the poor, but then he turned to ruthless totalitarianism to achieve it.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Terry Jones is in the same box with Fred Phelps. They have learned the secret to wealth with inflammatory advertising.

Again I state, it is relationship not religion that creates peace of mind.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

There would be less war if we kept the imaginary friends out of the picture.

It is the nature of man to kill other men. It will only get worse, more efficient, not better. These final times will be fraught with more war. Prophecy indicates that these wars will be religious in nature. That is, the theme will be good versus evil. It cannot be stopped. Each one has to decide how best to survive and cope.

I have a plan. I know what I am going to do. Do you?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The future can only be 'known' by visiting it (as we surely will .... a second at a time) .. Prophecy is delusion. ... if not please furnish me with tonights Lotto numbers!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The future can only be 'known' by visiting it (as we surely will .... a second at a time) .. Prophecy is delusion. ... if not please furnish me with tonights Lotto numbers!!

There is a difference between prophecy and prediction. In both cases, some have been correct. Fulfilled prophecies may be found in the Holy Bible. I don't know where you would find a list of correct predictions.

Terry Jones is in the same box with Fred Phelps. They have learned the secret to wealth with inflammatory advertising.

Agreed.

There is a difference between prophecy and prediction. In both cases, some have been correct. Fulfilled prophecies may be found in the Holy Bible.

Random chance is evidence of nothing more than random chance.

G'mornin', Ron.

All this play with words....

Bottom line is that religious fanatics killed 12 people because someone somewhere burned "their" book.

Words cannot describe the idiotic actions fired up by religion.

Religious riots, and not restricted to one religion in particular, are nothing new to history.
Of course the murders by the pliable, poorly-educated rioters were abhorrent. By the same token, Terry Jones intended to provoke exactly that occurrence, for his own personal enrichment and aggrandizement. Morally, civilized society shouldn't give him the smallest patch of sanctuary.

[

Random chance is evidence of nothing more than random chance.

G'mornin', Ron.

Top of the morning to you as well.

All this play with words....

Bottom line is that religious fanatics killed 12 people because someone somewhere burned "their" book.

Words cannot describe the idiotic actions fired up by religion.

Religious riots, and not restricted to one religion in particular, are nothing new to history.
Of course the murders by the pliable, poorly-educated rioters were abhorrent. By the same token, Terry Jones intended to provoke exactly that occurrence, for his own personal enrichment and aggrandizement. Morally, civilized society shouldn't give him the smallest patch of sanctuary.

Terry Jones burned a book owned by him. No law against that (barring any fire codes, etc.). I think he did it in this country where he enjoys the sanctuary of the 1st Amendment. Only he knows his motivation (personal gain or act of faith or conscience) and I don't particularly care one way or the other. The civilized world has long ago condemned murder as an acceptable response to being "offended" or insulted.