wmw999

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

>Why do the homosexuals want to call their unions "marriage" ?

Same reason straight people do.

>Are they hoping that it will somehow whitewash their behavior as being "normal"?

Most don't care, in my experience. They just want to live their lives like everyone else.

I like everything but rap and hip-hop.

Of course not; so obvious.

Yes, you are.

Is that like saying "I know you are but what am I?" in the playground?

Of course he hates rap music. I would have bet my house that he hates rap music - you wouldn't have?
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

>How can one guy stick his dick up another guy's ass.

Same way a man and a woman do the same thing.

Doesn't make it right...

:$:(

In the words of the prophets ... B.T.O

"Any Love is good love.....":)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Doesn't make it right...

:$:(

In the words of the prophets ... B.T.O

"Any Love is good love.....":)

Fine than bib daddy...get ready.

Bend over...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Does not affect me at all.

It's between them.

And they can call it a Marriage if they won't - some may think that word is 'taken' but it's not, it's just a word and language is ever evolving.

If it gets up other peoples noses - Fuck em. It's non of their damned business.

Get on with your own lives and let others do the same.

Some may feel they can just change the concept of a word merely by saying it is changed, but it isn't that simple.
Marriage has described a union between a man and a woman for a very long time. Maybe someday it will not distinguish between male-female unions and male-male or female-female but, for the majority of the population, not today.
If two people want to become partners for life and form a legally binding union to enjoy the benefits of such, have at it. No skin off my back. That is, until they use the term marriage to describe a same sex union. My previous post explained how i feel and why. If somebody takes insult to that or can't understand and respect that opinion...fuck 'em. because when somebody insults my beliefs it IS my business.

Insulting your beliefs? WTF - get over yourself.

It's non of your damned business WHAT they call their relationship.

(.)Y(.)

Why does someone else's marriage impact people?

Wendy P.

In just the same way as Blacks sitting in the front of the bus did to some peple fifty years ago. Some people choose to hold on to a value system that that will soon cease to exist with the majority of the population, it is inevitable. Opposition to Gay marriage increases with peoples age. the majority of younger people are in favor of Gay marriage.

It is only a matter tof time until Gay marriage is an accepted norm of society.

http://chronicle.com/article/College-Freshmen-Approve-of/64685/

Hi, I don't even think that it's a case that people are in favour of it, they are just accepting of it and rightly so IMHO.

When there are so many bigger issues in the world, this is (and should be) such an non-issue.

It's about time that the bigots and bullies went the way of the dodo. ... and I hope the door does slap them on the arse on their way out..... it'll be a gentle reminder to them:P

(.)Y(.)

It's between them.

And they can call it a Marriage if they won't - some may think that word is 'taken' but it's not, it's just a word and language is ever evolving.

Some may feel they can just change the concept of a word merely by saying it is changed, but it isn't that simple.
Marriage has described a union between a man and a woman for a very long time. Maybe someday it will not distinguish between male-female unions and male-male or female-female but, for the majority of the population, not today.
If two people want to become partners for life and form a legally binding union to enjoy the benefits of such, have at it. No skin off my back. That is, until they use the term marriage to describe a same sex union. My previous post explained how i feel and why. If somebody takes insult to that or can't understand and respect that opinion...fuck 'em. because when somebody insults my beliefs it IS my business.

You have your opinion, I have mine.
Yours just happens to suck. [:/]
Your attitude is what I had in mind when i asked why I can support gay rights 99.99% but get spit on because i am not 100% behind them.
Would you rather I spend my time fighting gay rights?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

They just want to live their lives like everyone else.

Therein lies the catch.
By wanting to marry someone of the same sex they are not living their lives like everyone else. It is different.
HAMMER:

Not playing favorites here. I think a man who sticks his dick in a woman's ass is just as gross as when men stick their dicks in other men's asses. It's all gross. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Your attitude is what I had in mind when i asked why I can support gay rights 99.99% but get spit on because i am not 100% behind them.
Would you rather I spend my time fighting gay rights?

And your attitude is exactly why I started this thread -- not to find the dividing points and highlight them, but instead to find the common ground and figure out how people are more alike than different.

I really, really hate all the polarizing that goes on and is encouraged, all over the place. Talk radio is one of the worst things I've heard -- everyone listening to people who tell them they are not only right, but everyone who disagrees on a single point is entirely wrong.

That's bullshit.

We all want our children to grow up to be happy and productive. We all want to have enough to eat and to have enough that we can work on happiness, and not just survival (on a skydiving website, that's likely :ph34r:). Most of us want successful relationships -- whether it's a sexual one, or just friendships.

Thanks for posting what you did. It was honest, and thought out.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey, I'm only arguing with you because I think that your attitude stinks - as shown in your next reply to Bill.

You are 'trying to tell people what they can and can't call their relationship ... It's THEIRs Not YOURs, thus your opinion makes no-never-mind.

I'm sure they'll lose so much sleep over what you think.

Live and let live.

(.)Y(.)

Hey, I'm only arguing with you because I think that your attitude stinks - as shown in your next reply to Bill.

You are 'trying to tell people what they can and can't call their relationship ... It's THEIRs Not YOURs, thus your opinion makes no-never-mind.

I'm sure they'll lose so much sleep over what you think.

Live and let live.

Wendy asked for peoples' opinions. I stated mine. I do not believe it was her intent to create a thread for people like you to insult people for doing what she asked.
I am sorry that somebody using the term "marriage" to describe a union between people of the same sex bothers me but that is how I feel. You may think it triviual, which it is, but it is very obvious that me being bothered by that bothers you even more and that, my friend, is so trivial it borders on paranoia.
I have truly led my life in an attempt to make you happy. I am sorry I have failed. :(
HAMMER:

It's between them.

I agree with you. As far as I'm concerned, they can do what they want. Who are they hurting? I know, I grew-up during a time when we were told how wrong it is and all that but times have changed. If anything, it seems to be 'the thing to be'. I've got my beliefs... they have theirs. They aren't criminals or two headed dragons.
Where I live, there are several same-sex couples. Some of them are on the Volunteer Fire Dept. and do a lot of work around here (for free) out of their sense of community and concern for where they live. I've gotten to know a few of them and they're good folks. What they do in their own home is their business. They're a lot better than a lot of straight folks I know.

Chuck

People's views on sex/marriage are largely socially constructed. The idea that one behaviour is "good" and another is "bad" often has little to do with the purely biological function of sex (that is, to procreate). The fact that we include many non-reproductive acts in our sexual repartoire shows that sex serves purposes other than procreation (ie: it's just plain "fun"!).

Marriage, too, is mostly a social construct. You could argue that it has its roots in religion, but you could equally argue that religion is a man-made concept anyway.

The point is that some people are opposed to gay marriages because it doesn't fit their idea of what a marriage "should" be. But the reality is that just like sex is not just for procreation, marriage is not just about religious / legal unions. Many feel that mariage is a way to celebrate a loving union.

Religions have a right to deny gay marriages based on legitimate religious beliefs against gay unions. But when secular institutions deny gays the right to marry, that is descrimination - pure and simple. You may not like the idea of two men or two women loving each other but that alone is not a valid reason to say they should not get married, IMO.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nice one ... I'm sitting here wetting myself from laughing so much...

You've manged to (try to) spin it so that I'm the inflexible one and you are the victim ... 'kin hilarious.

Read my posts - I have said and keep saying .. Leave them alone. It's NOT about you and it's not about ME. It's about letting people living and Let live , in their own way.

(.)Y(.)

It's between them.

Then stay out of my fucking face with it, and we'll get along fine. Quit trying to shove it down my throat all the time and then screaming about how intolerant I am when I get fed up with it.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

They just want to live their lives like everyone else.

Therein lies the catch.
By wanting to marry someone of the same sex they are not living their lives like everyone else. It is different.

Eh? People who want to marry someone of the opposite sex aren't living their lives like everyone else either.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Then stay out of my fucking face with it, and we'll get along fine. Quit trying to shove it down my throat all the time and then screaming about how intolerant I am when I get fed up with it.

Not keeping it a secret does not equal shoving it down your throat. If you think you have the right to not see it displayed anywhere, you are incredibly intolerant.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Opposition to Gay marriage increases with peoples age. the majority of younger people are in favor of Gay marriage.

It is only a matter tof time until Gay marriage is an accepted norm of society.

And then what happens? We all live happily ever after? Nope. Defining deviancy down will continue to happen. The polygamists are next, then it's incest, next, zoophilia, then finally pedophilia (but hey, the muslims are way ahead of the rest of us on this one).

If society "tolerates" homosexual unions (or is castigated for "intolerance" because it isn't cheering from the rooftops, which seems to be more often the case than not), how can it say no ANY to the above? WHAT I DEMAND TO KNOW IS WHERE THE LINE IS DRAWN. When does society say "enough - this far and no farther". Will the homosexuals join in the opposition to further defining deviancy down? Somehow, I doubt it.

mh

Not keeping it a secret does not equal shoving it down your throat. If you think you have the right to not see it displayed anywhere, you are incredibly intolerant.

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner, folks!

I blame the liberal media for a lot of this "controversy". They like to stir up shit where there is none.

Frankly I don't care. Just don't dare try to tell me how to think or how to live. Live and let live.

mh

Nice one ... I'm sitting here wetting myself from laughing so much...

You've manged to (try to) spin it so that I'm the inflexible one and you are the victim ... 'kin hilarious.

Read my posts - I have said and keep saying .. Leave them alone. It's NOT about you and it's not about ME. It's about letting people living and Let live , in their own way.

Let's take a look at the sequence of events in this thread, shall we?
Wendy posts a thread asking why someone elses marriage impacts people.
I post a response indicating I was hesitent to reply.
I post my opinion and reasons for such.
Right on queue you through in a "fuck you".

So, tell me again who jumped on whose shit?
I think it is really funny how much it bothers you that I don't like gay unions being called marriage even though i rarely express that view. I have a handfull of friends who are gay/bi, they know how i feel, and it doesn't bother them a fraction of how much it bothers you. :D
Once again, i apologize my 99.99% support of gay rights is not good enough for you even though it is more than enough for the gay friends i have. If you want a pissing contest you'll have to find someone else.
HAMMER: