Skyrad

Biblical End times

Are we at a critical point in our history? I think so. Is it the end of the world? Probably not.

They way things are going now, I think we are into overtime.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So what?
They also thought the Earth was flat and that witches floated.

So, most of this End Times speculation is just fantasy. For Christians, the Bible says that no one knows the date it will occur. As far as the rest of the people living on the earth, it will be the last thing they suspect until it consumes them.

Well stated, sir.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

-Nostradamus predicted a 1,000 years of peace after everything came to a head.

Sounds to me like he was a good Catholic and read his Bible.

He probably should've cited his sources.

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

So what?

So, most of this End Times speculation is just fantasy. For Christians, the Bible says that no one knows the date it will occur. As far as the rest of the people living on the earth, it will be the last thing they suspect until it consumes them.

Well stated, sir.

No; horribly stated, as it ignores the scientific facts that (a) virtually all species eventually become extinct (cockroaches, sharks and lawyers excepted), and (b) the normal evolution of stars such as our sun will cause expansion of the star to the point where inner planets will eventually heat to the point that life cannot be sustained. Or to put it another way, by the time "the fires" consume the Earth's life (which will eventually happen), species homo sapiens sapiens will probably have already long since become extinct (absent technological intervention and/or interplanetary migration).

Well stated, sir.

No; horribly stated...

No; well stated.

-End times Speculation IS fantasy.

-Nobody actually does know when it's gonna happen.

it ignores the scientific facts

How many times do we have to go over the fact that the Bible is not a science book?

Counsel, do you know how humans will become exstinct?

Does science know if we will be caught by surprise?

Religious people tend to think of only humanity when it comes to life on this planet. I am sure sometime down the road humanity will become extinct. It could be soon (some global nuclear war could do the trick), it could be thousands of years from now, or it could be in the millions of years. But life on this planet has been evolving for billions of years and life will continue to evolve for billions more. The only "End Times" are when that great big ball in the sky 93 million miles away from us burns up and that won't be happening for billions and billions of years from now.

If we are alone in the universe (as many religious people claim), it is an awful waste of space.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Religious people tend to think of only humanity when it comes to life on this planet. I am sure sometime down the road humanity will become extinct. It could be soon (some global nuclear war could do the trick), it could be thousands of years from now, or it could be in the millions of years. But life on this planet has been evolving for billions of years and life will continue to evolve for billions more. The only "End Times" are when that great big ball in the sky 93 million miles away from us burns up.

If we are alone in the universe (as many religious people claim), it is an awful waste of space.

This whole discussion is just a mess.

We have people talking about specific dates, others talking only scenarios, and some talking extinction, while others are just talking about the end of life as we know it - and some how, it's all just being lumped together as the same thing.

Are we living in them?

I wasn't walking the earth yet during WWII, but something tells me the world was in a much bigger mess from 1939 to 1945 and "Biblical of End Times" did not happen then. The only difference is now we are bombarded with the media's "Be afraid, be very afraid" agenda 24/7.

Check it out, yesterday the CBC was calling the snow storm that is hitting parts of North America as "Snowpocalypse - a possible life ending storm of storms" yesterday.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/01/us-winter-storm.html

just a little media sensationalism wouldn't you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ

And in the meantime, buy more stuff... ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

No; horribly stated, as it ignores the scientific facts that (a) virtually all species eventually become extinct (cockroaches, sharks and lawyers excepted), and (b) the normal evolution of stars such as our sun will cause expansion of the star to the point where inner planets will eventually heat to the point that life cannot be sustained. Or to put it another way, by the time "the fires" consume the Earth's life (which will eventually happen), species homo sapiens sapiens will probably have already long since become extinct (absent technological intervention and/or interplanetary migration).

The consumption I am referring to is not the death of our sun. It is the consequences of evil practiced by our species and the judgment of God.

We have people talking about specific dates, others talking only scenarios, and some talking extinction, while others are just talking about the end of life as we know it - and some how, it's all just being lumped together as the same thing.

For some time I have been reading Marvin Rosenthal's Bible studies in his magazine "Zion's Fire." His study of Revelation is thorough, academic and informative. If you are interested, you can link to his works at:

http://www.zionshope.org/ZH_zionsfire.aspx

edited to correct typo
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

For some time I have been reading Marvin Rosenthal's Bible studies in his magazine "Zion's Fire." His study of Revelation is thorough, academic and informative. If you are interested, you can link to his works at:

http://www.zionshope.org/ZH_zionsfire.aspx

edited to correct typo

you should really get that schizophrenia treated; your delusions are taking overhand..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yes. And for a fee (in advance), I will tell you.

Is your last name Madoff?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes. And for a fee (in advance), I will tell you.

Is your last name Madoff?

For a fee (in advance), I will tell you.

We should compare notes.

For a fee( in advance), I can prove God exists.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So what?

Well stated, sir.

----------------------------------------------------------
Andy you mention the sun as a possibility of our planet to be consumed by it. But perhaps you should also think about solar radiation...in particular the most powerful solar radiation of all. The Coronal Mass Ejection. If earth were hit by a powerful CME all life on this planet would be erradicated. It might not even take a BILLION years like you say...the next wave of increased solar activity? summer 2012.

Fear is power.

Do I look scared?

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

If anyone is afraid, I would implore them to go out and find a new prespective on life and faith.

(oops, I said the f-word...my bad.)

you should really get that schizophrenia treated; your delusions are taking overhand..

...and I just want to warn you about the possibility of alcohol induced psychotic disorder.:P