skyrider

Muslim , Working in Australian KFC

Show me where it is advertised that the KFC is Halal so that an informed decision can be made before even bothering to patronize that branch please.

http://www.halal.com.au/listings/searchresults_name.php?letter=K

It took me less than 5 seconds to find this information.
It appears that the KFC (Punchbowl) in question is Halal.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4031926#4031926

I look at it like this - there is a 2 mile walk between where you are and where the store is - you have an hour for lunch. You go to the internet and check the menu to save time - because you are cutting it short anyway. You go to the Halal one (although it is NOT advertised as such) and get told that you cannot have what is on the online menu and what you have just spent your lunch hour, your time, your energy to get.

Well, then just order something else off of the menu, instead of wasting the rest of your lunch break arguing for something you're not going to get in the first place. It is just that fucking simple.
Personally, I would had called the police on the guy who started the shit and then fired the employee who carried it onward.
People should just get it into their stupid fucking mashed brains that you can't always get what you want.

Besides, you can barely taste the bacon they put on burgers anyways.

It's the principal of the matter.

1) If a cop just stopped you and said empty your pockets, for no reason, would you have an issue with that?

2) If you were denied gas at a gas station, just because, would you not be offended?

3) Do you not stand up for any pricipals that you find imprtant?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And I'd bet there's even a reason for why those items aren't halal.

I would think the reason would be that it is a chicken joint.

Should be a vegan KFC too then - right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

No. Chicken can be halal. I'd bet that particular franchise gets its own chicken for the chicken-pieces dishes (like wings, breasts, thighs, etc), but they get the popcorn chicken and nuggets from corporate, so they can't guarantee the provenance.

And, just as is the case in kashrut, I'd bet there are people who are willing to eat halal, halal-from-the-right-guy, or just not-pork.

Muslims are no more monolithic than Jews or Christians. Or even SC posters :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I read a bunch of the comments on the youtube site, and they're mostly about the one guy who blew a gasket (and therefore the proof that Muslims are so bad). What I noticed was the guy who was calmly explaining to the other coworker that the customer just didn't understand that they didn't serve bacon at that particular store. He was also the one trying to calm down the hysterical guy -- who wasn't bitching about the bacon order, but was opposed to being recorded.

Of course, we don't know what else was said or what happened before this outburst. However, it seems to me by what was shown that the person who first took the order didn't go crazy either -- he (she?) just didn't know how to respond to the customer.

Kudos to the guy who was trying to diffuse both situations.

Edited for emphasis.

I agree with you, it also interesting to note the big sign behind them saying 'NOT HALLAL' but you will get short shrift in this thread with rationality.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It's the principal of the matter.

Principal of the matter? They simply do not serve pork. That has nothing at all to do with principals.

1) If a cop just stopped you and said empty your pockets, for no reason, would you have an issue with that?

That would be a violation of my rights, here in America and has nothing to do with ordering pork in a restaurant in Australia that does not serve pork. If I were to enter an establishment here in America and was told they do not serve pork, I would either order something else or go elsewhere.

2) If you were denied gas at a gas station, just because, would you not be offended?

Now that is just fucking stupid. Being that a gas station's business is gas, I am 100% positive that I would not be denied gas. The KFC in question does not serve pork, therefore the customer was not denied anything.

3) Do you not stand up for any pricipals that you find imprtant?

I stand up for my rights. The guy who wanted bacon was not standing up for any such rights. He does not have the right to be served bacon in a restaurant that does not serve pork.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I read a bunch of the comments on the youtube site, and they're mostly about the one guy who blew a gasket (and therefore the proof that Muslims are so bad). What I noticed was the guy who was calmly explaining to the other coworker that the customer just didn't understand that they didn't serve bacon at that particular store. He was also the one trying to calm down the hysterical guy -- who wasn't bitching about the bacon order, but was opposed to being recorded.

Of course, we don't know what else was said or what happened before this outburst. However, it seems to me by what was shown that the person who first took the order didn't go crazy either -- he (she?) just didn't know how to respond to the customer.

Kudos to the guy who was trying to diffuse both situations.

Edited for emphasis.

I agree with you, it also interesting to note the big sign behind them saying 'NOT HALLAL' but you will get short shrift in this thread with rationality.

Please show me how the guy is supposed to know before hand that the restauant is (partially) halal?

The reason I ask thios is because if it had been more obvious, thenm it likely wouldn't have been an issue and the customer would have gone elsewhere and it wouldn't have happened.

i've never been in a KFC anywhere that sold pork. Its' Kentucky fried chicken not Pensilvania poached pig:D

This thread is truly pathetic. Someone in Belfast once told me that American tourists are always asking him to explain the troubles. His answer was always the same, you can't understand hate, you can't rationalise it.

Some people just have small souls and a desire to hate Muslims, they're not rational or intelligent or worth wasting time on.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

again - I ask - before the guy travels to the restauant, how is he to know what is on the menu except for what the website says is on the menu?

No. Chicken can be halal. I'd bet that particular franchise gets its own chicken for the chicken-pieces dishes (like wings, breasts, thighs, etc), but they get the popcorn chicken and nuggets from corporate, so they can't guarantee the provenance.

And, just as is the case in kashrut, I'd bet there are people who are willing to eat halal, halal-from-the-right-guy, or just not-pork.

Muslims are no more monolithic than Jews or Christians. Or even SC posters :S

Wendy P.

I Googled this and found that the chicken must be slaughtered in a certain fashion to be Halal.
Neil Young

Muslims need to get a grip if pork pisses them off this bad, that is a person infit for society!

They just need to get a grip in general and stop killing people!
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

i'v never been in a KFC anywhere that sold pork? Its' Kentucky fried chicken not Pensilvania poached pig:D

This thread is truly pathetic. Someone in Belfast once told me that American tourists are always asking him to explain the troubles. His answer was always the same, you can't understand hate, you can't rationalise it.
Some people just have small souls and a desire to hate Muslims, they're not rational or intelligent or worth wasting time on.

Have you ever thought that bacon is pork?:D

I have posted the menues up thread a few times - you shuld see where all they insert thier pork.

Odd, you don't mention small-souled people with a desire to hate Christians.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Fuck that one guy. He's not particularly important in the overall customer base. A restaurant is in the business of keeping their customers happy, but they can't ever keep all of them happy.

The employee who went ballistic is completely wrong. But KFC isn't wrong for letting restaurants choose not to serve some items if it increases the overall customer base for that particular franchise.

It's about making money, right? So if you attract 1000 customers who otherwise wouldn't come to any KFC, and piss off the few who now have to walk the few blocks to one of the 3-4 others close by, well, it's not a tough decision for corporate.

Or should corporate not be allowed to make decisions based on money?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Odd, you don't mention small-souled people with a desire to hate Christians.

Christians are expendable - Muslims are the new protected.

Thats not whats being discussed. Can't be bothered with the drivel in this thread any longer I'm out of here.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Fuck that one guy. He's not particularly important in the overall customer base. A restaurant is in the business of keeping their customers happy, but they can't ever keep all of them happy.

The employee who went ballistic is completely wrong. But KFC isn't wrong for letting restaurants choose not to serve some items if it increases the overall customer base for that particular franchise.

It's about making money, right? So if you attract 1000 customers who otherwise wouldn't come to any KFC, and piss off the few who now have to walk the few blocks to one of the 3-4 others close by, well, it's not a tough decision for corporate.

Or should corporate not be allowed to make decisions based on money?

Wendy P.

WOW -

It's fun to see when a liberal flips between Anti Corporation to Pro Corporation.

And then it is even more fun to see when they flip to magority rules vs the wants and needs of the minority.

How does it feel to be right wing Wendy?

again - I ask - before the guy travels to the restauant, how is he to know what is on the menu except for what the website says is on the menu?

Again, he could had just Googled it, as I did. Took me five seconds. Not my fault, nor the restaurants fault that the guy is an idiot. He should had just ordered what was on the menu or gone elsewhere.
Neil Young

Again, he could had just Googled it, as I did. Took me five seconds. Not my fault, nor the restaurants fault that the guy is an idiot. He should had just ordered what was on the menu or gone elsewhere.

The fact that it's in Punchbowl would also be a good hint.

>1) If a cop just stopped you and said empty your pockets, for no reason,
>would you have an issue with that?

>2) If you were denied gas at a gas station, just because, would you not be
>offended?

3) If you were banned from finishing construction on your place of worship because some bigots didn't like your religion, would you be offended?

4) If you were profiled at airports just because of your nationality, would you have an issue with that?

When have I come out as generically anti-corporation?

Wendy P.

Show me on the restaurant website where it states halal ANYTHING - ANYWHERE?

I posted it up thread if you have trouble finding it.

Have you ever thought that bacon is pork?

Bacon is bacon and pork is pork. You can make bacon from beef.

I had Burger King in Dubai, it had bacon, the bacon was made from beef.

You can also make bacon from turkey, goat....

Salt and water injected ito it and cured.

The probability that the customer was differentiating is very very unlikely.

Show me on the restaurant website where it states halal ANYTHING - ANYWHERE?

I posted it up thread if you have trouble finding it.

From the website you posted:

Information on Website
KFC does not undertake to keep this web site updated. KFC is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this web site or if that information is not up to date.

Publishing information about a product on this web site does not ensure its availability. Products are advertised subject to availability. Price information is subject to change without notice.

Neil Young