turtlespeed

Look what else God made . . .

Once again we see that without the handiwork of the Divine Creator human beings could not have been formed between the goo and the zoo.

Looks like NASA is going to need new funding to examine the mysteries of God.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Once again we see that without the handiwork of the Divine Creator human beings could not have been formed between the goo and the zoo.

And yet it's so blatantly obvious that life did in fact arise from the primordial soup. And even more obvious is the desparation that religion uses to attemp to deny that basic fact.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

And yet it's so blatantly obvious that life did in fact arise from the primordial soup. And even more obvious is the desparation that religion uses to attemp to deny that basic fact.

:D:D:D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And even more obvious is the desparation that religion uses to attemp to deny that basic fact.

Desperation... GOD HATES PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE SPELL CHECK! :D

Ok... no more red balls.

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirits of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being. Einstein

He didn’t believe in a God of Divine intervention... he believe in a God of organization. Things were too structured... He spoke of Spinoza's god... yes, well, that’s one other way to see it.

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. Thomas Jefferson (God Believer)

I really don't think this is the best time for your side to be boasting about their "facts."

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Ok... no more red balls.
he believe in a God of organization.

It never fails, correct someone's spelling or grammar and you will find this ;)
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirits of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth.

+1

since religion is a subjective and absolutely personal choice and, by definition has no relation to fact (see 'faith' definition) I find it completely pointless for anyone to have a "fervor" or "crusading spirit" on the subject either way beyond their own personal experience

I'll stay strongly in the camp of "don't know, don't care, doesn't matter".

"Oh, bill, but it does matter, look how much damage the churches have done over history" - Organized religion isn't about religion or faith, it's just a political control organization like any other with a proven technique (but the ignorant can be exploited in other ways in the vacuum of any religion) - I'm neither more or less threatened by a 'church' than any other political movement design to enslave masses to subjective and undefined concepts (create your own list here). If we weren't being terrorized by religious fanatics, then we'd be terrorized by enviro fanatics, or financial fanatics, people will find a cause to allow them to express their weaknesses in violent ways - I think the cause is secondary. That's not religion or faith, that's just power structures. Look how much damage the two parties have done, look how much damage "causes" have done. etc.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Blah blah blah.

I am not Christian... I believe in God.

I do not believe in the creation story.

Franklin questioned God in his early life... at the time of the "creation" of our nation, he fully believed in God, but he questioned the divinity of Jesus.

Religion is a way to interpret God. You can have God without religion, but you can't have freedom without God.

His Lisp is really weird... I think he is wicked stoned too!

6:30-6:37 - His Lisp is Fake! Its getting Annoying now.

Haha! Monday... he’s so funny!

BTW... the Jewish people have their own calendar... what a jackass!

I really don't think this is the best time for your side to be boasting about their "facts."

How do you figure that?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ok... no more red balls.
he believe in a God of organization.

It never fails, correct someone's spelling or grammar and you will find this ;)

Do you see the Joke?

I am Mocking the idiots who hold up signs at Funerals... Ya know like:

God hate F*GS...

Thank God for IEDs...

Actually, I wrote it correctly... Red Balls... is Cocaine is can, Dave Chappelle...

Shazam... smart guy!

Nice catch... I did leave the D off didn't I... Though the word is spelled correctly. I did use spell check.

;)

>Once again we see that without the handiwork of the Divine Creator
>human beings could not have been formed between the goo and the zoo.

Actually, I think we're starting to see that the 'perfect creation of God' that is life isn't really all that planned and perfect. If there's phosphorous available, life evolves to use that. If there's arsenic available, it evolves to use that. As we find life in more and more places, in more and more forms, we will learn more and more about how life evolves to fit the available niche.

Well, that's what you see. I see it as that there is still mysterious and cool stuff to find out about, but no reason to believe that it is "the handiwork of the Divine Creator." Perhaps some people just feel more comfortable with "the mysteries of God" over "the mysteries of life." Perhaps it is all really a semantics argument.

Ok, I am confused. I just watched that video and saw nothing referring to any deity. What I did see is people talking about a life form that evolved to live in an environment that was previously believed to be uninhabitable. There is still no evidence of any deity.

Really? Do tell.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

Work computer detects speel check in non-MS Word apps and kicks you off the net.

I see God at work every day, every where I look and, with all the people with whom I interact. I look at life with awe. I am childlike. I am looking for my new blessings. Life is good. Eternal life in Christ is beyond comprehension.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! May you find peace of mind, of life and, of purpose.

If there's phosphorous available, life evolves to use that. If there's arsenic available, it evolves to use that.

Ah, yes...let the conjecture begin...soon it will be viewed as a blatantly obvious fact.:S
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I see God (the mystery of life) at work every day, every where I look and, with all the people with whom I interact. I look at life with awe. I am childlike. I am looking for my new blessings. Life is good.

Ditto. And I am an atheist. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! May you find peace of mind, of life and, of purpose.

Thanks. And the same to you. :)