Mike420

California's Proposition 19. Legal Weed!! What's everyone think?

Back in my youth I started my day with a big bong hit. Weed was something me and my friends grew out of..at least most of them.

I think it should be legalized. No worse than drinking, and in some case a whole lot preferrable. And think of the tax revenue, and the reduction in jail population.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

"less harmless"

Hmm, that's an interesting phrase.

But I'm guessing you meant less harmful?

That is what the stuff does for you.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about California's Prop 19. This would be the first state to legalize weed with similar propositions proposed in 10 other states. What does everyone on dz.com think about it?

I have had mixed beliefs regarding this issue most of my adult life.

One the one hand, people in general, have difficulty accepting all of life on life's terms and therefore seek some form of mood altering substance as an insulator.

From that pragmatic standpoint, there are advantages to smoking marijuana over alcohol use and it should be legalized.

For me, alcohol was first but, marijuana was a gateway drug that opened the door to a destructive path ending in major depression, recurrent.

I have now been straight, clean and sober for over 27 years. The first thing the Lord showed me was in reference to marijuana. Namely, it is a corruption of the temple of the Holy Spirit.

When I invited the Holy Spirit into my life I found the strength to accept life on life's terms.

Legal or illegal, it does not matter. What is important is that you do not need it, there is another way.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I think the Obama Administration disagrees with you. Obviously, they want people jailed for simple possession.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704300604575554261952309990.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_news

They do however, approve of thecontinued use and addiction to Hopium.

That is the most dangerous, harful drug out there right now.
This admin will gladly roll you some up for free though . . . well until it isn't free anymore.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I wish the people who have been smoking and snorting this stuff a speedy recovery. Facing reality after an addiction can be so difficult. Sometimes it's hard to see the pusher for what he really is.

The voice of wisdom.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I wish the people who have been smoking and snorting this stuff a speedy recovery. Facing reality after an addiction can be so difficult. Sometimes it's hard to see the pusher for what he really is.

you know a way to snort weed?

its a 'gateway' drug to illegal drugs because it is illegal

if we keep lieing to our children about the effects of marijuana we only have ourselves to blame when they find out first hand that they were lied to and go on to find out what else they were lied to about

Is it possible to have a thread that doesn't turn into an Obama-bash-a-thon?

I'm guessing not.

It is the obvious topic when it embodies all that is wrong.

I wish the people who have been smoking and snorting this stuff a speedy recovery. Facing reality after an addiction can be so difficult.

Weed is a mental addiction, it is not physical (though nothing about filling your lungs with smoke is good). Twice in my life I went from being an everyday weed smoker to someone who stopped. It's a habit that can be kicked, you just need to take it away and the temptation to do it ceases. IMHO weed should be legalized and regulated the same way tobacco and alcohol are regulated and taxed. Drugs like cocaine on the other hand are a completely different can of worms and I do NOT support legalizing them.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

"less harmless"

likely the poll was written while on something. No issue if he's not designing a bridge or something.

I don't care if someone wants to be idiotic enough to cloud their minds and bodies. But I don't want to smell it in public or be required to embrace someone stoned at work. Nor do I want the government to pay for it from tax dollars for someone.

What someone chooses to do in private is their business.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Agreed with the privacy comment.
Personally, if someone wants to enjoy weed like alcohol, all the more power to them.
Consequences and penalties for their actions while under the influence.
Sever penalties for abuse, just like alcohol.
But a government that lies to us about it while allowing prescription drugs with much more damaging effects on the body and society? That's fucking nuts to me.

Agreed with the privacy comment.
Personally, if someone wants to enjoy weed like alcohol, all the more power to them.
Consequences and penalties for their actions while under the influence.
Sever penalties for abuse, just like alcohol.

I'm in line with your post. But I also think employers should be able to refuse hire and test for it if they want to. That's a bit more off the line, and I know the counter arguments, it's just an opinion.

as for 'just like alcohol' - I don't want to smell that crap second hand any more than I want to smell cigarettes - nor do I want it drifting into my trailer or car window where I am and my daughter. When someone drinks, they aren't throwing it into my mouth while I stand there. It's different in that way. tar, nicotine, pot chems - if you can bottle it or take a pill - I don't care. If you are blowing it into the air in public - no way. That's not 'private'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"less harmless"

likely the poll was written while on something.

Perhaps... But I'm guessing that people commonly make typos or other mistakes even without being on drugs.

But yeah, designing a bridge on drugs (excluding caffiene, of course :)) would be less harmless than posting to dz.com on drugs. :P

But a government that lies to us about it while allowing prescription drugs with much more damaging effects on the body and society? That's fucking nuts to me.

all about $$$$, and whose hands it ends up in
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Perhaps... But I'm guessing that people commonly make typos or other mistakes even without being on drugs.

just me making a joke