RonD1120

Called to Love the Gay Community

>In 30 years you will have to explain to your grand children why you
>were against Gay marriage, Gays in the military and Gays in general.

I doubt that. In 30 years, conservatives will be posting on some internet board trying to claim that it was really the liberals who were against gay marriage and gays in the military.

People who practice other sins usually acknowledge that their behavior falls short of moral standards. They do not march in the street demanding that society discard moral standards in order to make them feel better about themselves.

Homosexuality is the only sin I can think of whose practitioners routinely demand that we discard the moral authority that declares this behavior wrong, and calls us bigots for refusing to do so. Before we open that can of worms, consider the impact on society if we can no longer describe such things as lying, cheating, stealing, adultery, child abuse, etc. as "wrong." If there is no God, there are no moral absolutes.

If there is animosity between gays and Christians, it has far more to do with the attitude of the gays. I've been attending church for 28 years and have never heard anyone express hatred toward the queer community. If these people want to make happy and have a dialogue, they can begin by refraining from describing disagreement as "hate."

Cheers,
Jon S.

People who practice other sins usually acknowledge that their behavior falls short of moral standards. They do not march in the street demanding that society discard moral standards in order to make them feel better about themselves.

Homosexuality is the only sin I can think of whose practitioners routinely demand that we discard the moral authority that declares this behavior wrong, and calls us bigots for refusing to do so.

Then you forget your lessons about the history of the civil right movement in the US: people marching in the streets (esp. in the Deep South) demanding the discarding of the then- very widely-held "moral standard" that dictated that the Caucasian race was superior to other races, and that it was sinful and immoral for the races to mix in any other than a superior/subservient relationship. And anyone who doesn't think that racial attitudes in the pre-civil rights US were viewed just as much as a "moral standard" as attitudes toward homosexuality is ignorant of history.

>People who practice other sins usually acknowledge that their behavior falls
>short of moral standards. They do not march in the street demanding that
>society discard moral standards in order to make them feel better about
>themselves.

Sure they do. Blacks marched in the streets demanding equal rights, despite most Christians thinking they were inferior and did not deserve them. They also marched for the right to marry outside their race, even though good Christians at the time thought that God put the different races on different continents to keep them from interbreeding.

>Homosexuality is the only sin I can think of whose practitioners routinely
>demand that we discard the moral authority that declares this behavior
>wrong . . .

How about greed? Conservatives regularly scream and complain about taxes, despite greed being a sin, and despite Jesus himself saying "give to Cesear what is Cesar's." Indeed, they march in the streets to demand more money for their causes while demanding the government take less of theirs. "Gimme more and don't take anything from me!" is a protest for greed.

How about gluttony? Plenty of people campaign for "fat rights." From the NAAFA's website: "Founded in 1969, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA) is a non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to ending size discrimination in all of its forms."

How about wrath? A cardinal sin, yet lots of conservatives argue to destroy Islam out of anger because of terrorist acts Muslims committed.

Those are all cardinal sins; sins that Christian churches list as particularly egregious. Notice that homosexuality is not on that list. Why are Christians OK with people protesting their right to engage in cardinal sins, but are opposed to people who protest something that is, at the very least, not a cardinal sin?

I once saw a Christian protester in the park in San Diego. He weighed about 300 pounds. He had a list of all the people who were going to hell because of their sins (abortionists, gays, pedophiles, liberals, muslims) and then listed all the most vile sins. He got six of the seven deadly sins; somehow he managed to omit "gluttony."

>I've been attending church for 28 years and have never heard anyone
>express hatred toward the queer community. If these people want to
>make happy and have a dialogue, they can begin by refraining from
>describing disagreement as "hate."

And you could start by not comparing them to child abusers. Think you'd like it if someone did that to you?

Homosexuality is the only sin I can think of whose practitioners routinely demand that we discard the moral authority that declares this behavior wrong, and calls us bigots for refusing to do so. Before we open that can of worms, consider the impact on society if we can no longer describe such things as lying, cheating, stealing, adultery, child abuse, etc. as "wrong." If there is no God, there are no moral absolutes.

If there is animosity between gays and Christians, it has far more to do with the attitude of the gays. I've been attending church for 28 years and have never heard anyone express hatred toward the queer community. If these people want to make happy and have a dialogue, they can begin by refraining from describing disagreement as "hate."

Cheers,
Jon S.

Sex is sacred. I don't even understand why prostitution is illegal.

It has become so cool to be gay I don't think it can be stopped. Signs of the end times.

As Christians, we have to be ready to help them out of their bondage, the same as with any other sinner. As parents and grandparents we must teach our children well. We must not leave sex education in the hands of the public school system.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Your fundamental premise is flawed. You cannot indoctrinate an orange into being an apple. It will always be an orange. You can, however, make the orange so neurotic that it grows up hating itself for not being an apple. But that would be a shameful - and sinful - thing to do to the little orange.

Your fundamental premise is flawed. You cannot indoctrinate an orange into being an apple. It will always be an orange. You can, however, make the orange so neurotic that it grows up hating itself for not being an apple. But that would be a shameful - and sinful - thing to do to the little orange.

I totally disagree but, you knew I would. ;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Can not believe this guy.
It is fuckin 2010 for fuck's sake.
Just say that YOU hate fags, calling it 'sin' due to your mythical religion is plain ridiculous.
Read old testaments and see how racist and sexist the book is.
Yeah let's stone our wives for fucking around with neighbor
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I just hate religious people is all. Sound like a little kid arguing that 1+1=3
wrong and retarded and keep believing the retardation pisses me off.
Retared things die due to evolution thus religion will eventually fade out.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Excellent demonstration of the tolerant attitude you ask of others.

You're twisting logic on its head, and using child-level semantics. If you call-out bigotry for what it is, you're "intolerant" yourself because you're intolerant of other people's bigotries? Stop insulting our intelligence.

Excellent demonstration of the tolerant attitude you ask of others.

You're twisting logic on its head, and using child-level semantics. If you call-out bigotry for what it is, you're "intolerant" yourself because you're intolerant of other people's bigotries? Stop insulting our intelligence.

So calling out his colling out ofthe the calling out is just as bigoted as the original poster.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just hate religious people is all.

And you are no better than the people you hate.

I am an agnostic brought up by a mostly Christian family (though my family is not a hardcore religious family) meaning I have rejected their indoctrination efforts. There are a lot of things myself and Christians disagree with. But as long as people keep their religious beliefs to themselves, I could care less if they worship Jesus, Allah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Contrary to what many may think, they are not showing any tolerance especially when they come out and say that they hate religious people or they hate gays. Tolerance needs to be displayed on both sides of the fence.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just hate religious people is all. Sound like a little kid arguing that 1+1=3
wrong and retarded and keep believing the retardation pisses me off.
Retared things die due to evolution thus religion will eventually fade out.

Funny that you would bring evolution into this discussion. How exactly do gays fit into evolution? Are they a dead end genetic mutation, or possibly genetically normal but just individuals who have reshaped their phenotypic expression by conscious manipulation of their mental environment. Are there example of single nucleotide polymorphisms on DNA that code for homosexuality?

How exactly do gays fit into evolution?

It's been suggested that some species may produce more homosexual offspring when resources are limited than they do when resources are plentiful.

Species that have those sorts of built in safety valves for reproduction might survive over species that don't. In those terms, the existence of homosexuality may be one of the reasons the human species evolved at all.
Owned by Remi #?

As Christians, we have to be ready to help them out of their bondage

Quote of the week:D:D:D:D

OMG

Ron is going to raid the Power Exchange

:)

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me. :D:D

But, seriously folks, I was referring to NT bondage.

Jesus defined an aspect of His ministry as freeing the captives.

Luke 4:
18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

2 Peter
2:19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

It's been suggested that some species may produce more homosexual offspring when resources are limited than they do when resources are plentiful.

Species that have those sorts of built in safety valves for reproduction might survive over species that don't. In those terms, the existence of homosexuality may be one of the reasons the human species evolved at all.

I have to think about that for awhile. The human species survived by their ability to evolve into non-procreative behavior.

>How exactly do gays fit into evolution? Are they a dead end genetic
>mutation . . .

Since homosexuality is expressed throughout the animal kingdom, and has not gotten "evolved out" over a few tens of millions of years - it's pretty clearly not a dead end genetic mutation.

>Are there example of single nucleotide polymorphisms on DNA that code
>for homosexuality?

There are genetic markers that are strong predictors for homosexuality. But like nearly all human traits, there isn't one "switch" you can point to and say "that's what causes this to happen."

I have to think about that for awhile. The human species survived by their ability to evolve into non-procreative behavior.

The idea being, that lower life forms evolve into higher life forms; and for a period of time, the two coexist. That is, until the higher life form eventually takes over.

The idea being, that lower life forms evolve into higher life forms; and for a period of time, the two coexist. That is, until the higher life form eventually takes over.

Even thinking in terms of higher and lower life forms is really a very poor understanding of the basics of evolutionary biology.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Even thinking in terms of higher and lower life forms is really a very poor understanding of the basics of evolutionary biology.

Doh! I forgot to add the little winkie ;) emoticon to denote sarcasm.