RonD1120

Called to Love the Gay Community

I even heard his _real_ birth certificate says he's gay. Why do they keep hiding this from us?

It can't possibly say that since teh gays choose that hedonistic lifestyle, they're not born that way.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

yes, they need to be Jesus like in tolerance and forgiveness. Though it may not be as hard as tolerating the abuse in the first place.

You want the Christians to make the first move and it sounds like some are. Then it's a question of trusting their motives are good.

Again, a tough call. While I tend to agree with your position, I know for me those whom I now tolerate I do not trust--motives or otherwise. From my perspective it seems as though they now realize they have something to benefit by reaching out to me.

At least in my position, I will be just fine whether I embrace their efforts or not. I choose to because I believe as you do--that somehow it is better to make strides toward tolerance and trust and not harbor the pain of the past.

Still, very much easier said than done. I certainly cannot blame those who are not so willing to forgive.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

I even heard his _real_ birth certificate says he's gay. Why do they keep hiding this from us?

It can't possibly say that since teh gays choose that hedonistic lifestyle, they're not born that way.

I hope that's sarcasm

The vast majority of my posts should be tagged with the sarcasm font. I was responding to an obviously facetious post. I used the term "teh gays."

Didja really have to ask?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

rhetorical , patronising , and condescending , and then amazon jumped onboard !

In the number of years that I have been posting here... there seems to be a yearly increase in those who get butthurt far too easily.:o:o

Do we really need a daily dose of the same old feces from the fringe right regurgisphere that has already been shown to be WRONG. Some people still feel the need to post the same stuff for the approval of their favorite group of little friends in their little like minded circle jerk. I keep wondering when they will tire of bludgeoning the rest of us with all that stupidity
:S:S

But at least things are headed in the right direction.

I doubt anything Ron Sider says is going to be predictive of actions or thoughts/beliefs for evangelicals as a whole. He has been a dissenting voice from many parts of the 'evangelical consensus' [a term I just coined] for a long time and has had very little success changing that consensus or gaining fellow adherents to his position.

Note: Ron Sider wrote a review of Andrew Marin's book. The message is Marin's not Sider's.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

i don't have many friends here , certainly not a circle , kinda was hoping you would be the pivot of my future circle, hope springs eternal . but i won't try to shove friendship down your throat , or even...

[/url]http://www.newoxfordreview.org/note.jsp?did=0908-notes-tolerance

It is amusing that you source an organization that, if homosexuals were completely removed from it, would have only a fraction of its core staff left.

There are more sexually dysfunctional organizations in existance than the Catholic Church; Islam is on the short list. Taking advice on relationships from the Vatican is like basing your investment strategy on Bernie Madoff's tips.

BSBD,

Winsor

i believe you are commenting on ancillaries and not substance ?

Not hardly.

The pathological view of sexuality espoused by Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, makes the proliferation of perversion amongst the clergy singularly unremarkable.

The degree to which "Platonic Love" is embraced by men of the cloth, who are ostensibly denied normal heterosexual relations, is rather a given.

To an even greater extent than patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, religion is the ultimate destination of a pervert. Muhammad and Joseph Smith are but cases in point (though rather nasty cases, it must be noted).

The fact that religious conviction is but a socially acceptable form of psychosis (having discussions with invisible people are we? Those nice young men in the clean white suits will be here shortly...) is the only way the clergy can stay in business. I suppose there is a lot to be said for suspension of disbelief if sexual dysfunction is one's defining characteristic.

BSBD,

Winsor

The pathological view of sexuality espoused by Christianity in general,....

BSBD,

Winsor

You lost me on that one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

BSBD,

Winsor

You lost me on that one.

The beleif that a person "chooses" to be gay and has the abiilty to change through prayer. This dispite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, but then some people would rather base their beleifs not on science but religion. (Spiritual truth is discerned from obedience to the Divine Creator not from rational intellectual understanding.)

BSBD,

Winsor

You lost me on that one.

Rather a given, eh?

Well no it isn't. You made what I read as a generalized statement.

The general view of sexuality from the Christian perspective is sex between one man and one woman in the sanctity of marriage. How is that pathological?

BSBD,

Winsor

You lost me on that one.

The beleif that a person "chooses" to be gay and has the abiilty to change through prayer. This dispite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, but then some people would rather base their beleifs not on science but religion. (Spiritual truth is discerned from obedience to the Divine Creator not from rational intellectual understanding.)

Correcto mundo!

An insightful video, too. Elegant in its simplicity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY

Good video, honest in its approach. Bottom line, humans have the ability to exercise control over their sexual behavior.

Nope, they aren't tolerent of anything that doesn't fit their narrow view. This is just another way of getting acces to hide the true agenda and to try top give thier religion a credibility it simply doesn't deserve.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717