SkyPiggie

Who Is The Man Behind The Ground Zero Mosque?

Boobies always win.
No matter what your religious, racial, or constitutional belief!

But this is funny. Uncomfortably so. Reminds me of trying to talk sense to the truthers.
It's hopeless.
[:/]

Funny you say that - I was thinking the same thing... "You're against freedom of religion" over and over and over again.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But this is funny. Uncomfortably so. Reminds me of trying to talk sense to the truthers.
It's hopeless.
[:/]

Whats funny is you (from Orlando, Florida) trying to argue a matter of NYC respect with someone living in NYC and you think you are more correct.

You worry about Disney World.... and let the New Yorkers worry about ground zero.

My point is... my opinion on whether or not the mosque should be built doesn't mean shit and neither does yours. This is a matter of respect for those directly affected.

Yeah there are going to be some people that lost friends or family in 9-11 that say say it's ok... and some that say it's not. Both groups of people deserve the same respect, regardless of percentages and numbers. There is no "winner" here. It's not cut-and-dry like the Constitution, but then you and Bill are really the only ones that keep bringing that up, when NO ONE is arguing that point.

Funny?? Yeah..., it's a real barrel of laughs. [:/]
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

>ground zero is any real property damaged by the terrorist attack . . .

Which then includes a topless bar. That was repaired. Why is a topless bar OK in a memorial but a mosque isn't? Which one shows more respect to the concept of a memorial?

How many titty dancers hijacked the airplanes that flew into the WTC?

How many people that attend mosques did?

If the rtio is above 0:19 then you might have an argument.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's been part of my perspective all along.
Those that do matter in this "event" have given their approval.
Making it a non-issue.
Yet here we are.
:S
It has zero to do with respect of those that died in the Towers.

So let the family of the ones that were killed and wounded make the decision.

Why is that not fair?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>How many titty dancers hijacked the airplanes that flew into the WTC?

Zero.

How many of the members of the Mosque hijacked the airplanes that flew into the WTC?

Zero.

>How many people that attend mosques did?

Probably 19 or so.

How many of them went to bars?

Probably 19 or so.

Next!

>If the rtio is above 0:19 then you might have an argument.

Ratio is 0:0 and 19:19. You seem to have misplaced your point.

Which then includes a topless bar. That was repaired. Why is a topless bar OK in a memorial but a mosque isn't? Which one shows more respect to the concept of a memorial?

If the ratio is above 0:19 then you might have an argument.

If you try to exclude the tangents and illogical comparisons, it is going to make this thread a lot shorter.
:ph34r:

This one time, I was in a topless bar - enjoying an alcoholic beverage and looking at partially dressed women. I felt safe. :)

If the rtio is above 0:19 then you might have an argument.

>How many titty dancers hijacked the airplanes that flew into the WTC?

Zero.

How many of the members of the Mosque hijacked the airplanes that flew into the WTC?

Zero.

>How many people that attend mosques did?

Probably 19 or so.

How many of them went to bars?

Probably 19 or so.

Next!

>If the rtio is above 0:19 then you might have an argument.

Ratio is 0:0 and 19:19. You seem to have misplaced your point.

Lame attempt.

LOL

Really?
Did you by chance read the post you responded to - you seem to have left out a few pertinant points.

Like the qoted text that I was responding to - you can ignore the question you asked . . . but I'll just repost it here for you.

I'll even Bold the text that you seem to want to ignore now.

I answered your question - and you spin the answer as much as Glen Beck - are you related?

You did not ask what a "Bar" had to do with the mosque - but HEY - feel free to interject irrellevant info into it to adjust your point.

Why is that not fair?

If the people whos project it is decide to do that, then of course it's fair. And if they don't, that's fair too.

People implying that if they don't it's probably because they're terrorist sympathisers, that's not really fair.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Why is that not fair?

If the people whos project it is decide to do that, then of course it's fair. And if they don't, that's fair too.

People implying that if they don't it's probably because they're terrorist sympathisers, that's not really fair.

Implying that anyone against the location is painting the organizers as terrorist sympathisers isn't really fair, either.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"evidently SOME New Yorkers feel differently. "
FIFY.
But not the ones in the neighborhood where this existing mosque has plans to improve the facilities.

Apartment building != existing mosque, sorry.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

if you're ABSOLUTELY serious i'll explain the difference , but i doubt it , more likely it's a straw man argument , sleight of hand , misdirection , unless it's a potstir , in that case well done !

The existing building at 45-47 Park Place in New York City's Lower Manhattan district is the building causing all the commotion these days. It is located a few blocks from Ground Zero and dates back to the late 1850s. A Muslim outreach group the Cordoba Initiative, has been using it for Friday prayers since late last year. The space has been open Monday through Friday between noon and 10 p.m., according to a source familiar with the project.

Not sorry.

Why is that not fair?

Implying that anyone against the location is painting the organizers as terrorist sympathisers isn't really fair, either.

Yeah, that's why I didn't.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Apartment building != existing mosque, sorry.

It's not an apartment building. It's a former Burlington Coat Factory.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Reading is fundamental:

where this existing mosque has plans to improve the facilities

But don't let facts get in the way of an attempted put-down.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bill, you know Damn well what people mean by a vote. Your the one that keeps talking about polls and the "support" for the Mosque. When in actuality, they are supporting religious freedom and oppose the location.

So this comes right up to a similar question I asked JohnRich, and he declined to answer.

You want this issue of rights (of religion and private property) to be up to the majority?

Heller is going to destroy NYC's ban on guns. But if you put it up to a vote, I suspect a majority would be happy to ban it again, just like San Francisco residents did.

If this is a rights issue, the majority don't have a voice. And if it's not a rights issue, then WTF would the vote be over?

>Like the qoted text that I was responding to - you can ignore the question you asked . . . ,

I can ignore the question I asked? Are you in the habit of answering your own questions?

I asked the question, you refused to answer. I suspect it's because you could not answer without revealing that your logic is somewhat lacking. But to give you the benefit of the doubt I'll ask again:

Several posters have referred to the entire 36 or so block area as a "memorial" and that a mosque would be out of place in a memorial. Why is a topless bar OK in a memorial but a mosque isn't?

The existing building at 45-47 Park Place in New York City's Lower Manhattan district is the building causing all the commotion these days. It is located a few blocks from Ground Zero and dates back to the late 1850s. A Muslim outreach group the Cordoba Initiative, has been using it for Friday prayers since late last year. The space has been open Monday through Friday between noon and 10 p.m., according to a source familiar with the project.

Not sorry.

Doesn't make it a mosque, any more than a Baptist holding prayer meetings in his house makes it a church.

Not sorry, either.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Still not sorry.

It has served as their mosque.