RonD1120

Freedom, Westboro Baptist Church, Patriot Guard Riders

A strange symbiotic relationship, Pfc Paul Cazzupe died fighting for freedom which allows the Westboro Baptist Church to condemn his sacrifice. The Patriot Guard Riders was formed as a stand against the church.

I ride with the PGR.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A strange symbiotic relationship, Pfc Paul Cazzupe died fighting for freedom which allows the Westboro Baptist Church to condemn his sacrifice. The Patriot Guard Riders was formed as a stand against the church.

I ride with the PGR.

I have never seen a bigger group of nuts in my life, good luck.

I ride with the PGR.

Sorry Ron , but the Afghan war isn't about "Freedom". It's about aquiring the resources of that region for profit.

Have a great day,
DJ

Sorry Ron , but the Afghan war isn't about "Freedom". It's about aquiring the resources of that region for profit.

While I agree with you 100% that the Afghan war is a total joke, and I seldom agree with anything Ron post, the WBC is the ultimate group of nuts and anyone that opposes them can't be all bad.

Alternate tactic

When churches protest you, you should go to the church
and protest them.

Every weekend for the last four years, Dunfee and members of his ministry have stood watch over George's joint, taking up residence in the right of way with signs, video cameras and bullhorns in hand. They videotape customers' license plates and post them online, and they try to save the souls of anyone who comes and goes.

Now, the dancers have turned the tables, so to speak. Fed up with the tactics of Dunfee and his flock, they say they have finally accepted his constant invitation to come to church.

edited to add the WBC picket schedule

Alternate tactic

When churches protest you, you should go to the church
and protest them.

Every weekend for the last four years, Dunfee and members of his ministry have stood watch over George's joint, taking up residence in the right of way with signs, video cameras and bullhorns in hand. They videotape customers' license plates and post them online, and they try to save the souls of anyone who comes and goes.

Now, the dancers have turned the tables, so to speak. Fed up with the tactics of Dunfee and his flock, they say they have finally accepted his constant invitation to come to church.

edited to add the WBC picket schedule

More . . .

looks like someone talked sense into them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I ride with the PGR.

Do you want a round of applause?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I ride with the PGR.

PGR cager myself. F Wesboro Baptist Church.

Have a great day,
DJ

That may very well be part of the big picture. As is the case in most if not all wars. What does Afghanistan offer, opium?

However, I believe that any American who enters military service does so for the cause of freedom. They deserve respect for their sacrifice.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I disagree with that. I'll be hated on for saying it, but I don't believe in respect just because one is in the military.

I realize that the military performs some decent tasks from time to time, but the negatives outweigh the positives for me. And I view military personal as government chess pieces. These are people's children and family, but they get sent into war being told lies and lead with money. If anything I have pity on them. They don't realize that they merely just objects for the government to use to get their goals achieved, while they sit safe behind their desks with their millions.

I've also seen many cases where military personal were there just to 'shoot shit' or 'kill some muslims'. You're old enough to murder and be murdered for a lie, but not old enough to drink?

Being in the military doesn't make you a good person or a hero. There may be good people in it, but there are also absolute pieces of shit in it that deserve death and not respect.

And by giving respect to them regardless, it's no different than blindly following what the government tells you. Being lead like a puppet by the puppet master.

It's definitely not always for freedom as you suggest, and when the military did recruiting at our school it was typically the neo-nazi wannabes who wanted to join just to shoot shit.

Telling yourself it's for freedom is just lying to yourself. 'Freedom' is just an easy word for governments to use to recruit. There is no such thing as freedom. Just varying levels of oppression.

I believe that any American who enters military service does so for the cause of freedom.

Well, many do, but certainly not all. The problem with such a simplistic statement is that your basic premises are flawed. On a macro level, not all American military activity truly advances the cause of freedom, even if it's advertised or rationalized as such. On an individual level, some people enter the military for personal reasons having little or nothing to do with personal patriotism.

>However, I believe that any American who enters military service does so
>for the cause of freedom.

Some do indeed enter for just that reason. Some enter for the steady job, some for the benefits (like education) or because they want to do something (fly jets for example.)

>They deserve respect for their sacrifice.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their lives at risk for us - and that includes soldiers, firefighters, rescue workers and policemen.

I believe that any American who enters military service does so for the cause of freedom.

That is a naive delusional belief.

They deserve respect for their sacrifice

That I agree with if you're talking about injury or the ultimate sacrifice.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well, many do, but certainly not all. The problem with such a simplistic statement is that your basic premises are flawed. On a macro level, not all American military activity truly advances the cause of freedom, even if it's advertised or rationalized as such. On an individual level, some people enter the military for personal reasons having little or nothing to do with personal patriotism.

I think that you and billvon are over thinking in your responses. It is not that deep or complicated.

As for the foreigners, well, they are not patriotic Americans.

Some things are simple, some aren't. I'm not sure that the motivation of millions of young men and women who enter the military can be put down to a single one.

And I'm not sure that foreigners' opinions are automatically to be disregarded when it comes to human nature. Humans from other countries are kind of like humans from this country in their physical and emotional needs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>However, I believe that any American who enters military service does so
>for the cause of freedom.

Some do indeed enter for just that reason. Some enter for the steady job, some for the benefits (like education) or because they want to do something (fly jets for example.)

>They deserve respect for their sacrifice.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their lives at risk for us - and that includes soldiers, firefighters, rescue workers and policemen.

What about Dr's, Nurses, Radiographers etc?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

And I'm not sure that foreigners' opinions are automatically to be disregarded....

Wendy P.

Well, I'm a crotchity ol' veteran and I can. ;)

I disagree with that. I'll be hated on for saying it, but I don't believe in respect just because one is in the military.

I realize that the military performs some decent tasks from time to time, but the negatives outweigh the positives for me. And I view military personal as government chess pieces. These are people's children and family, but they get sent into war being told lies and lead with money. If anything I have pity on them. They don't realize that they merely just objects for the government to use to get their goals achieved, while they sit safe behind their desks with their millions.

I've also seen many cases where military personal were there just to 'shoot shit' or 'kill some muslims'. You're old enough to murder and be murdered for a lie, but not old enough to drink?

Being in the military doesn't make you a good person or a hero. There may be good people in it, but there are also absolute pieces of shit in it that deserve death and not respect.

And by giving respect to them regardless, it's no different than blindly following what the government tells you. Being lead like a puppet by the puppet master.

It's definitely not always for freedom as you suggest, and when the military did recruiting at our school it was typically the neo-nazi wannabes who wanted to join just to shoot shit.

Telling yourself it's for freedom is just lying to yourself. 'Freedom' is just an easy word for governments to use to recruit. There is no such thing as freedom. Just varying levels of oppression.

You surely will not be hated. You're talking with same tongue - even your (spoken) English is much harder to understand ;) And you're not from Europe.

Especially the recruiting methods are well known all over the western world. It's funny how blind most yanks are in that regard. It just needs a look at every kind of media to see the truth.

There's one word you said which I'd like to repeat: Regardless. That exactly shows how blind one must be to simply honor a person/an unknown person only b/c that person had a gun in his hands and the permit to kill.

Somehow, it's sad that over the last few years, the US guys took a use of the wordings *fighting for freedom*, published by .... everyone, who's able to publish something.

Who, TF, is taking away any freedom from the (modern) US? Them guys always have been free and even the evil Twin Towers attack did not take away a bit of their freedom.

Finally, I entirely agree with your post. It's grounded.

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Well said - very well said sir.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

If you've never served you will never know. I guess all of you Military haters on this board dont realize that every single individual that enlists does of their own accord. All VOLUNTEER Military. In doing so they sign Uncle Sugar a check up too and including their very own life. SO, you can hate them all you want, but until your willing to make that same very sacrifice STFU.

all of you Military haters

There isn't a single one of those in this thread. It's a childish slander that those who criticize the government are America-haters, or who criticize the military are military-haters - any more than those who criticize their loved ones to try to make them better people are family-haters. It's also totally silly that a lifelong civilian has no moral right to criticize his country's military. Maybe you should read the First Amendment, toss aside your juvenile slogans, and then re-examine who should STFU.