skyrider

Devision of church and State, UNLESS your Muslim

>Now it is Allowed, Only for one religion?

No, it's allowed for all. A 1993 decision by a San Diego court mandated that students here are allowed to have religious observances during lunch/recess times.

And, of course, schools all over the US are dismissed on the Sabbath so Christians can worship.

No, it's allowed for all. A 1993 decision by a San Diego court mandated that students here are allowed to have religious observances during lunch/recess times.

And, of course, schools all over the US are dismissed on the Sabbath so Christians can worship.

did you watch the video bill? The claim is that the prayer time is on the school schedule, and is led by a school employee. That's the claim. I don't know the truth. None of us here do. (we weren't there)
--
Rob

>did you watch the video bill? The claim is that the prayer time is on
>the school schedule . . .

Yep, but I don't place too much faith in Bill O'Reilly.

A substitute teacher claimed that there was "Muslim indoctrination" going on at a local school and that a teacher's aide was leading prayers. The San Diego school district investigated (this was back in 2007) and found that neither was happening.

>did you watch the video bill? The claim is that the prayer time is on
>the school schedule . . .

Yep, but I don't place too much faith in Bill O'Reilly.

A substitute teacher claimed that there was "Muslim indoctrination" going on at a local school and that a teacher's aide was leading prayers. The San Diego school district investigated (this was back in 2007) and found that neither was happening.

well, I was listening to his guest, who recounted the results of his interview with the substitute teacher, not BillO.

Like I said, it was the claim. I think that if it were true, it would be a bad thing. I responded the way I did because from your reply, it looked like a kneejerk quoting of "well everyone can pray in school on their own time" as it didn't look remotely related to the video.
--
Rob

Muslim should not be treated any different then the rest of the US population. That means they have the same constitutional rights as every one else, they should have no more and no less rights then any other citizen.

Regardless of if this story is true or not. Privet Muslim school do what you want, public schools same rules should apply to all.
IMO
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Why are they dismissed on Saturdays, then?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

gotta work on the farm.

According to the Bible, Saturday, the seventh day, is the Sabbath. Sunday is the first day of the week. If you go by Gods law, one works the first six days of the week then observe Saturday as the day of worship. Due to hatred for the Jews (the Jews equally hated Christians, so it cut both ways), Christians made Sunday their day of observance to distance themselves from Judaism, (which start their Sabbath from Friday evening to Saturday evening), in Roman. Isn't religion a beautiful thing:S?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

>Why are they dismissed on Saturdays, then?

To keep holy the Jewish Sabbath.

Interestingly, one city in the US (Decatur, GA) switched to a Tuesday-Saturday school week to try to "keep out the Jews." They did this for about 30 years until religious activists finally convinced them to honor the Jewish Sabbath - and thus they reverted to the more common Sat/Sun off.

Devision of church and State, UNLESS your Muslim......

unless your Muslim what?
I don't have any Muslim's

and shouldn't it be De-Vision: in that they can't see each other?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Any Muslim's what?

What is it of theirs you do not posses? :o

:)

HA - caught in my own web of crapulence

OH, the ironing!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Any Muslim's what?

What is it of theirs you do not posses? :o

:)

HA - caught in my own web of crapulence

OH, the ironing!

OH, the huge manatee!!! ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, it sure is a good thing that Christians don't indoctrinate their children into that sort of hate as well.

Well, most of them don't, but these guys sure do.

Hey, I wonder if most of the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world also don't subscribe to the message of hatred and violence? Certainly food for thought ...
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD