BIGUN

Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History

Even the Heritage Foundation admitted that the tax cuts are responsible for 14% of the growth in the deficit.

So then you acknowledge the article has credibility. But, you pick out 14% of the article as affirmation of your point and not the other 86%. Did you read the part where, "Rising Spending will be responsible for 100% of Increased Budget deficits by 2017."

According to Gawain, "Revenues are down, despite a growing population and growing available workforce."

With regard to his comment on a growing population, according to the US Census Bureau - Population Profile of the U.S.

The U.S. population is growing larger.

Based on the middle-series projections, the Nation's population is projected to increase to 392 million by 2050 -- more than a 50 percent increase from the 1990 population size. During the 1990's, the population is projected to grow by 27 million, a 10.8 percent increase. This assumes that fertility, mortality, and net immigration would continue to reflect recent trends. Only during the 1950's were more people added to the Nation's population than are projected to be added during the 1990's. Using the lowest assumptions, the population would grow slowly, peak at 293 million by 2030, then gradually decline. Conversely, the highest series projects the population to increase quite steadily over the next several decades, more than doubling its 1990 size by the middle of the next century.

With regard to his comment on. "growing available workforce," one only need to look at the Bureau of Labor Statistics to review the current unemployment rate as, "available." http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln database using the Unemployment Rate - Civilian Labor Force - LNS14000000 criteria selection to receive the attached below resultset.

During FY2009, the U.S. government collected about $400 billion less than FY2008. Individual income taxes declined 20%, while corporate taxes declined 50%. At 15% of GDP, the 2009 collections were the lowest level of the past 50 years.

Source: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106xx/doc10640/10-2009-MBR.pdf

The bottom Line is:

When he released his new budget proposal on February 1, President Barack Obama asserted that the government "simply cannot continue to spend as if deficits don't have consequences; as if waste doesn't matter; as if the hard-earned tax dollars of the American people can be treated like Monopoly money; as if we can ignore this challenge for another generation."

Yet the President's new budget does exactly that-- raising taxes by $3 trillion and federal spending by $1.6 trillion over the next ten years. If enacted, this budget would increase the 2010 deficit to more than $1.5 trillion, and leave a deficit of more than $1 trillion even after an assumed return to peace and prosperity. Overall, the President's budget would double the national debt over the next decade.

President Obama's Budget

• Would permanently expand the federal government by 3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) over 2007 pre-recession levels;

• Would raise taxes on all Americans by nearly $3 trillion over the next decade;

• Would raise taxes for 3.2 million small businesses and upper-income taxpayers by an average of $300,000 over the next decade;

• Would borrow 42 cents for each dollar spent in 2010;

• Would run a $1.6 trillion deficit in 2010--$143 billion higher than the recession-driven 2009 deficit;

• Would leave permanent deficits that top $1 trillion as late as 2020;

• Would dump an additional $74,000 per household of debt into the laps of our children and grandchildren; and

• Would double the publicly held national debt to over $18 trillion.

Source: The Heritage Foundation

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The thread is about TAXES (see your own thread title).

The point at issue is rushmc's claim that cutting taxes raises gov revenues.

The evidence is clear that it does not when measured in constant (non inflated) dollars.

www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=165

With your expressed concern about the deficit you should be pleased that taxes are to be raised.

The thread is about TAXES (see your own thread title).

The thread is about taxes. However, raising taxes as the government's source of revenue, an increasing deficit, debt, etc. all go hand in hand and that was the thread's content. I was addressing your response of which was also partly off point.

With your expressed concern about the deficit you should be pleased that taxes are to be raised.

Yeah, I am just giddy with anticipation. If you'll refer to my earlier post, one way to reduce the deficit and the debt is to reduce government spending (cost). those savings can then be applied to paying down the debt/deficit.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Something has to pay for the disastrous combination of George's War coupled with Republican tax cuts. The chickens are coming home to roost. Either that, or it's time to pay the piper. I forget which.

Yeaaaa...Blame George again...NOT the man that caused it! Oy vey....

Something has to pay for the disastrous combination of George's War coupled with Republican tax cuts. The chickens are coming home to roost. Either that, or it's time to pay the piper. I forget which.

Of course not!! It's all Bush's fault, not Barry's Trillion-Dollar Medical Boondoggle...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Who caused George's war if not George? Who took credit for the tax cuts?

Who caused George's war if not George? Who took credit for the tax cuts?

Oh hush.....

You dont really expect the teflon people to take responsibility for the actions they perpetrated do you...:S:S:S

Like holy fuck.. they STILL believe the trip that George put out in the 2000 election...:S:S:S

Bush on nation building, Iraq, bin Laden
Bush on Nation Building before Election:

I'm worried about an opponent [Gore] who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence.

I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation building.

... a nation-building corps from America. Absolutely not. Our military is meant to fight.

Hell they did not even pay attention to what the PNAC TOLD them they were going to do in their statements in the 1990's

Well, we do have a lot of guns in the US.

maybe you can all sell them and pay your debt to the Chinese :P

Just let them try and collect. :ph34r:

I think China can hurt us more than we can hurt them right now. Wal-Mart shelves will be empty!

If we really wanted to hurt them, we could all buy Walmart stuff for 30 days and then return it all used for a cash refund.

>The real question is, what are you going to do about it?

Well, the obvious answer is to spend more on NASA and cut taxes. I'm sure that will solve the deficit problem somehow. And if not, it will be Obama's fault.

Well, once Obama changes it to the National Arabic Esteem and Space Administration, they'll all love us again and we can disband the military, right?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Well, once Obama changes it to the National Arabic Esteem and Space Administration . . .

Excellent. I thought the whole "Obama is a secret Muslim" comedy was past us; I sort of missed it. With Sarah Palin out of the spotlight there was a decided lack of comedy in right wing circles.

>Well, once Obama changes it to the National Arabic Esteem and Space Administration . . .

Excellent. I thought the whole "Obama is a secret Muslim" comedy was past us; I sort of missed it. With Sarah Palin out of the spotlight there was a decided lack of comedy in right wing circles.

Glad you enjoyed it - it was all the reply YOUR comment was worth.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706