skyrider

Texas Ask For More troops

EL PASO - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today demanded that President Obama send more troops to the Texas-Mexico border and used the shots that hit El Paso City Hall as an example of increased violence on the border.

Abbott said in a letter that the seven shots that hit City Hall in El Paso were an example of the violence that is plaguing the border area and that sending 1,200 National Guard soldiers to the entire U.S.-Mexico border is not enough.

He also cited the violence in Juarez and said that Americans lives are at risk.

"More than 1,300 people have been murdered in Juárez this year as a war continues relentlessly between the Juárez and Sinaloa drug cartels," he told Obama.

He also said the "time for talk has passed."

Here is the letter by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott:

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President,

Deadly violence from drug cartels and transnational gangs in Mexico is knocking on the United States' door with ever increasing frequency.

Yesterday, gunfire from the cartels pierced that threshold and struck City Hall in El Paso. Fortunately no one was injured or killed. But that good fortune was not the result of effective border control - it was mere luck that the bullets struck buildings rather than bodies.

Luck and good fortune are not effective border enforcement policies. The shocking reality of cross border gunfire proves the cold reality: American lives are at risk. As the attached news article notes: "More than 1,300 people have been murdered in Juárez this year as a war continues relentlessly between the Juárez and Sinaloa drug cartels." Americans must be protected as this deadly war bulges at our border.

Law enforcement officials

Members of the New Mexico National Guard, Spc. Rolinda Apodaca, foreground, and Sgt. Janilee Whiterock, look out toward the border just west of Columbus, N.M. (Times file photo)with the Texas Department of Public Safety and your own U.S. Customs and Border Protection will reveal the hard truth. Our state is under constant assault from illegal activity threatening a porous border.
The time for talk has passed. The time for action is now. The need is urgent. Each day that passes increases the likelihood that an American life will be lost because of the federal government's failure to secure the border.

This threat demands immediate and effective action by your Administration to secure our border. As the Attorney General of Texas, I urge you to make border security your top priority so that no more innocent lives are lost to border violence

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_15411359?source=rss

>Obama should soon declare a deadline for withdrawal of Americans from El Paso.

And Barton should apologize to Mexican illegal immigrants for our persecution of them.

Sending them back home where they belong isn't persecution, sorry.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Sending them back home where they belong isn't persecution, sorry.

Agreed. But if the GOP thinks it can hurt Obama, they'll apologize to anyone for anything.

That horse has been dead for the last 2 years - give it a break already.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And Barton should apologize to Mexican illegal immigrants for our persecution of them.

I like tacos.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I like tacos.

Tacos are good.

Illegals are not.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I like tacos.

Tacos are good.

Illegals are not.

Why the fuck to you guys need troops... You got enuff crazies down there just lookin to shoot anyone.. even little old 87 year old ladies in their own beds.....I would have thougt yall were well enough armed ..... all home grown TEXICANS.... plus yall have some history with those folks already....

I like tacos.

Tacos are good.

Illegals are not.

Why the fuck to you guys need troops... You got enuff crazies down there just lookin to shoot anyone.. even little old 87 year old ladies in their own beds.....I would have thougt yall were well enough armed ..... all home grown TEXICANS.... plus yall have some history with those folks already....

We're just trying to even the odds. We got out-numbered once before.
I was just reading a letter to the editor of our local newspaper. In that letter, a local rancher who had a 'laundry list' of offences comitted by illegals including, vandalism, theft, slaughter of his cattle, and so-on to his home and property. Folks here are just fed-up with what's going on down here.

Chuck

I like tacos.

Tacos are good.

Illegals are not.

They are if they're well-marinated.

Why the fuck to you guys need troops... You got enuff crazies down there just lookin to shoot anyone.. even little old 87 year old ladies in their own beds.....

That happened in Oklahoma, not Texas. Do try and keep up.

I would have thougt yall were well enough armed ..... all home grown TEXICANS.... plus yall have some history with those folks already....

So you're in favor of private militias patrolling the border and apprehending illegal border crossers?

Please try and respond without using foul language and generalized insults - it just makes your arguments look emotionally out of control and irrational.

News:

21 die in Mexican gun battle near Arizona border
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38050468/ns/world_news-americas

El Paso City Hall Hit by Drug Bullets
http://beforeitsnews.com/news/90/908/El_Paso_City_Hall_Hit_by_Drug_Bullets.html

I have to wonder if he discussed this with "thumb our nose at federal dollars" Perry before he sent the letter ... LOL!!! Asking for federal assistance seems way out of line with our esteemed Gov's policies.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Well just head on over to the border.... I am sure some of em need killin

Yall could practice some of them MaD sKiLlz

Can't you just see the advertisements

"Live Mexican Shoot at 1000 yards"

Come one Come ALL..... Patriot Prizes will be awarded.

So you're in favor of private militias patrolling the border and apprehending illegal border crossers?

Please try and respond without using generalized insults - it just makes your arguments look emotionally out of control and irrational.

Please try and respond without using generalized insults - it just makes your arguments look emotionally out of control and irrational.

Psssst they already are... I am sure they will find someone who needs killin.

I have to wonder if he discussed this with "thumb our nose at federal dollars" Perry before he sent the letter ... LOL!!! Asking for federal assistance seems way out of line with our esteemed Gov's policies.

It's been discussed many times since the recent AZ law passage. States are not supposed to be enforcing federal immigration law.

I believe what was written (cut&paste from above)

This threat demands immediate and effective action by your Administration to secure our border. As the Attorney General of Texas, I urge you to make border security your top priority so that no more innocent lives are lost to border violence

I believe you are wrong on two accounts. It wan't Gov Perry, nor was it "Asking for federal assistance". It was asking that the feds do their jobs and enforce immigration laws.
--
Rob

Once again you have avoided answering the question. I didn't ask if they already were. I asked what your opinion is of private militias patrolling the border. Do you approve or disapprove? Try answering a straight question with a straight answer. Go out on a limb - instead of just bitching about what others are saying, take a stand for something, one way or the other. You're certainly not shy about voicing your opinions on other matters, so why hesitate to answer this question?

Once again you have avoided answering the question. I didn't ask if they already were. I asked what your opinion is of private militias patrolling the border. Do you approve or disapprove? Try answering a straight question with a straight answer. Go out on a limb - instead of just bitching about what others are saying, take a stand for something, one way or the other. You're certainly not shy about voicing your opinions on other matters, so why hesitate to answer this question?

I think if you want to go patrol the border by all means GO ALREADY.... you have my permission.. now quit wasting time doing useless canoe trips and go protect your state from those infernal invaders.. sheesh

AND take the friggin cheeze wizz and ripple with you:ph34r:

It's been discussed many times since the recent AZ law passage. States are not supposed to be enforcing federal immigration law.

I believe you are wrong on two accounts. It wan't Gov Perry, nor was it "Asking for federal assistance". It was asking that the feds do their jobs and enforce immigration laws.

Stuff like this is one reason I don't get in SC too often ... you obviously didn't bother to actually read my post. I said I wonder if he ran it BY Perry ... didn't say Perry made the request. And from my viewpoint, if you're asking the feds to do something, that IS asking for federal assistance. Whether or not it is something they should already be doing or not is irrelevant.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Stuff like this is one reason I don't get in SC too often ... you obviously didn't bother to actually read my post. I said I wonder if he ran it BY Perry ... didn't say Perry made the request.

so you did... mea culpa
And from my viewpoint, if you're asking the feds to do something, that IS asking for federal assistance. Whether or not it is something they should already be doing or not is irrelevant.

to assist implies helping with something. Asking the feds to do a job that the state isn't allowed to do isn't asking them to help enforce immigration laws, it's asking them to enforce immigration laws. (not with state assistance, or to assist the state in doing so)

From my viewpoint, that's not asking for assistance, that's saying "hey buddy, do your job because I'm not allowed to do it."
--
Rob

I like tacos.

Ya man...the deep fried ones with the shreaded beef and that white cheese like at at Tito's Taco's in Culver City!

I miss it down there, but not enough to ever go back...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Maybe the USA should take a leaf out of Israels book. Invade northern Mexico empty it of inhabitants and then declare it a buffer zone and kill anyone who enters it. If Mexico can't keep their rats in the nest then the US should eliminate them to protect their own.

(and no I'm not joking)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca