JohnRich

Should guns be banned during emergencies?

News:
State's 'emergency' gun ban in lawsuit bull's-eye

A lawsuit has been filed over a practice in North Carolina of banning guns during "emergencies." "We intend to show that state emergency-powers statutes that allow government officials to suspend fundamental civil rights, including the right to bear arms, are unconstitutional and therefore should be nullified," said Alan Gottlieb, Second Amendment Foundation founder. "Citizens do not surrender their civil rights just because of a natural or man-made disaster," he said...
Source: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=172657

News:

A lawsuit has been filed over a practice in North Carolina of banning guns during "emergencies." "We intend to show that state emergency-powers statutes that allow government officials to suspend fundamental civil rights, including the right to bear arms, are unconstitutional and therefore should be nullified," said Alan Gottlieb, Second Amendment Foundation founder. "Citizens do not surrender their civil rights just because of a natural or man-made disaster," he said...

THAT is the time when you need them the most when the lowlifes come out from under their hiding places while the PROTECT AND SERVE types are busy>:(>:(

Ironic given that one of your recent posts included:

"What's the matter - the first time around when you posted this crap a month ago it wasn't good enough for you? Are you going to repeat this sad performance month after month?"

Ironic given that...

How many other threads have I started recently about gun bans during emergencies?

How silly do you think are people around you? :S

You post about *guns* on a regular basis. Decorate one thread with flowers and the other one with sh*t - it remains the same. Gun obsession.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Ironic given that...

How many other threads have I started recently about gun bans during emergencies?

How silly do you think are people around you? :S

You post about *guns* on a regular basis. Decorate one thread with flowers and the other one with sh*t - it remains the same. Gun obsession.

:P

And you seem to reply just as often

DO YOU have a problem?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You're exaggerating.

Forums: Search Results
Your search for guns in posts made by johnrich returned 1491 results in 0.141s.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

DO YOU have a problem?

No, boy. It's just to steam off ..... :ph34r::ph34r: and watch others dance in circles. I'm such a bad girl.

B|

Bad girls are coolB|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

OK.. so (1)Guns (2)Religion (3)Politics. Everything goes in three threads and anyone that starts a new thread does not meet with your approval?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

OK.. so (1)Guns (2)Religion (3)Politics. Everything goes in three threads and anyone that starts a new thread does not meet with your approval?

OK. My English is not my first language. I thought, it was clear.

*Gun* threads, dear - no word about (2) or (3). The latter were not part of my post.

;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

now that we've gotten through the usual cliche's about John's single track mind, and Christel's obsession with it, how about the subject at hand?

When is it appropriate for the state (or Feds, if you recall Lincoln and FDR) to suspect civil liberties for crises?

In the referenced article, this was invoked during a routine snow storm. I defy anyone here to support that. But if there is city wide rioting, it is at least worthy of discussion, though I do not know what circumstances would warrant loss of the 1st and 2nd and 4th amendments.

>How many other threads have I started recently about gun bans
>during emergencies?

Threads for the past six months alone concerning weapon bans/restrictions:

Poll: Should guns be banned during emergencies?
Poll: California: Gun Registration
Poll: Germany: More Gun Control?
Poll: Scotland: Grandmother jailed over WWII 'family heirloom' pistol
Poll: Toy soldiers run afoul of school's weapons ban
Poll: Canada: Gun Registration
Poll: Should medical marijuana patients be allowed to own guns?
Poll: Tax cheats beware: IRS buying sawed-off shotguns
Poll: Beer Registration
Poll: Gun Store's Little League Baseball Sponsorship Denied
Poll: University Bans Nerf Guns
Poll: England: TV Star Warned Over Waving Knife At Intruders
Poll: Ban military-style semi-auto firearms?
Poll: Restaurant outlaws toothpicks as dangerous

The arguments on each side have virtually the same rationale. Ban them to prevent people from using them to commit criminal wrongdoing under cover of the anarchy, or don't ban them so people can protect themselves from others seeking to do criminal wrongdoing under cover of the anarchy.

>How many other threads have I started recently about gun bans
>during emergencies?

Threads for the past six months alone concerning weapon bans/restrictions:

Poll: Should guns be banned during emergencies?
Poll: California: Gun Registration
Poll: Germany: More Gun Control?
Poll: Scotland: Grandmother jailed over WWII 'family heirloom' pistol
Poll: Toy soldiers run afoul of school's weapons ban
Poll: Canada: Gun Registration
Poll: Should medical marijuana patients be allowed to own guns?
Poll: Tax cheats beware: IRS buying sawed-off shotguns
Poll: Beer Registration
Poll: Gun Store's Little League Baseball Sponsorship Denied
Poll: University Bans Nerf Guns
Poll: England: TV Star Warned Over Waving Knife At Intruders
Poll: Ban military-style semi-auto firearms?
Poll: Restaurant outlaws toothpicks as dangerous

so the answer is zero.

News:

THAT is the time when you need them the most when the lowlifes come out from under their hiding places while the PROTECT AND SERVE types are busy>:(>:(

+1
Yea i am not so worried when we have rule of law, when it hits the fan however thats when i not only want the glock ill be carring the AK as well as whatever else i got or might need.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The arguments on each side have virtually the same rationale. Ban them to prevent people from using them to commit criminal wrongdoing under cover of the anarchy, or don't ban them so people can protect themselves from others seeking to do criminal wrongdoing under cover of the anarchy.

Indeed. But that doesn't address the constitutional side of it. And there's more to the not ban side, just as there are more rights than just guns that are affected in these events. Right of assembly is just as important. Due process (Japanese internment) as well.

In a true emergency, many people lose their convictions for freedoms. 9/11 showed that. But we have state of emergencies declared when the state of CA can't balance the budget, and again as referenced here, when the roads are covered with snow. It seems to be that the criteria for suspensions of rights needs to have a higher bar than a declared state of emergency.