base851

Texas Makes The Best BBQ

I know you food is shit, I have eaten it, didn't look like you guys care too much what you eat at all. that is why american companies sell better quality food in australasia han they do in ther own country, because we damand it.

Ok, I've read this three or four times and I have no idea what you were trying to say. Try typing it out again, slower and less angry this time, so I can read it and I'll be happy to reply in kind.

Not to mention I have a hard time giving credibility to the culinary criticisms of someone who admits to eating shit. I mean, if it smells like poop, for crying out loud, don't eat it!

Well, the guy suggests to people that theft is perfectly OK as long as its against a business, so how can you believe anything else he says? When credibility is lost on basic ethics, pretty much every single thing stated after that is seriously in doubt!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, the guy suggests to people that theft is perfectly OK as long as its against a business, so how can you believe anything else he says? When credibility is lost on basic ethics, pretty much every single thing stated after that is seriously in doubt!

Thats pretty ripe coming from a cop that obviously does not understand the law.

If you have to resort to changing the subject, it is obvious to me and probably others here that you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

They joined in with healthy salads, healthier menus and more variety of selections. The had no choice, change or go out of business. If they wanted to do it they would do it in America also, you guys would probaly turn your nose up at a healthy selection anyway.

Actually, they did that in America too. There are salads and other healthier choices on the menu at McDonald's here.

It is possible to eat healthy in the USA if you cook yourself but eating out is like a death sentence!

That's simply not true. We have plenty of healthy choices for dining out here. Yeah, we don't always choose to eat healthy, but the options are there. (In most cities anyway. Small towns often don't have many options.)

I don't know about that. I'm starting to think that "Texas style" bbq has to actually be made in Texas for it to taste right, so maybe there is some kind of voodoo within the state borders that affects the bbq.

You are correct sir. It's the same principle that makes Chinese food taste better with chopsticks.

As to why I put it in SC. This place has the best flame wars and I like stirring the pot (pun intended) from time to time. :o:D

.......and this thread has earned it's right to reside in the SC and is on it's way to SC hall of fame! I like good BBQ as well as the next guy.... but dayem! :)

Eh, I've tried Vegemite; you can keep it!

ooh you're showing your cultural knowledge again Bill, Vegemite is made by Kraft a multinational conglomerate and the secvond largest food and beverage comapy in the world. Vegemite has its strongwest market in australia and hence the words of 'men at work' in their 'land downunder' song.

New Zealanders don't (usually) eat Vegemite Kiwis usually eat marmite made by Sanatarium which is owned by the seventh day adventsit church, this is different to the english marmite (yuk).

marmite

Your taste buds grow to what you are used to. I grew up on marmite and I enjoy it very much, you probably like eating lips, ears, and assholes stuffed in intestines and shoved in a steamed bun palmed off as a 'hot dog'. That is what amaericans grow up on.

each to thier own I suppose!:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

They took a couple of years to catch on then, check out what McCafe looks like in the rest of the world.
presntation

Selection

real coffee, real tea, in real cups searved with real food on real furnature.

This was the extent of McCafe that I saw in california? No porcelain not paninis or gataux no classy furnature?

maybe in New York? or washington?

Have you seen a Mcdonalds resturant like this in the USA or is it just everywhere else but?

Thats pretty ripe coming from a cop that obviously does not understand the law.

If you have to resort to changing the subject, it is obvious to me and probably others here that you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Well, from what you described previously, it is theft as defined by law. Justify being a thief all you want, it still doesn't change anything.

Why does it matter? A thief is a person who will deprive someone of tangible property and lie about it. It is someone who you can't trust on your dropzone, since your gear or your friend's gear will be stolen. A thief has no place in skydiving.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, from what you described previously, it is theft as defined by law. Justify being a thief all you want, it still doesn't change anything.

What law? i have not justified anything, i have just said it was not illegal.

You are a cop, you should have a deep understanding of the law as it is you job to uphold it, or are you just like the cop that tried to give me a fine for not using a helmet on my skateboard? You know the power tripping kind?

You are a cop, you should have a deep understanding of the law as it is you job to uphold it, or are you just like the cop that tried to give me a fine for not using a helmet on my skateboard? You know the power tripping kind?

Oh, you got him cornered now rhys. Even I would call bonkers on a cop who insisted my skateboard wear a helmet.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Oh, you got him cornered now rhys. Even I would call bonkers on a cop who insisted my skateboard wear a helmet.

:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Llano, IS the best!!! When I was there, I had the briskit and a pork chop... the chop looked more like a roast.:D There's a little town outside of San Marcos, I'd say is second. I can't recall the town's name... danged old age!

Chuck

Try these also:

Snow's in Lexington, Tx.
Several joints in Lockhart, Tx.
City Meat Market in Giddings, Tx.

This guy's backyard.

Is that Treeman's backyard!

Yep. It sure would be ignorant to assume what an entire country eats based on what the media shows and your prejudices, eh?

But if you witnessed for yourself that this is the case, then you would not be so ignorant would you?

Why does it matter? A thief is a person who will deprive someone of tangible property and lie about it. It is someone who you can't trust on your dropzone, since your gear or your friend's gear will be stolen. A thief has no place in skydiving.

If you could explain where any lying took place I would maybe be inclined ot beleive you, by obscuring the truth and trying to suggest I am a thief is quite appaling for someone in your position. Especially when you are clearly trying to defame me with your skewed viewpoint of what happened.

Defamation of an innocent person is against the law in some places.

Defamation

In most civil law jurisdictions, defamation is dealt with as a crime rather than a tort.

Its your conscious, you're the one that will have to live with your actions and their consequences.

I disagree. He passes those expenses on to us. That is the cost of theft and fraud. The other consumers foot the bill.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Then why don't you start doing your job....cop.

Why don't you go to your local WalMart and start arresting people returning merchandise they paid for?

There are a lot of WalMarts in the US. I wonder how many people have gotten arrested for returning merchanidse they paid for? Guess there are a lot of useless cops out there.

here is some other fine work of one of your "brothers", he clearly should have kept to arresting people at the WalMart Customer Service desk.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7433661

Yep. It sure would be ignorant to assume what an entire country eats based on what the media shows and your prejudices, eh?

But if you witnessed for yourself that this is the case, then you would not be so ignorant would you?

What cities/towns have you been to in the U.S.? And when? (I'm just curious what your opinions of the U.S. are based on.)

here is some other fine work of one of your "brothers", he clearly should have kept to arresting people at the WalMart Customer Service desk.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7433661

So let me get this straight, in your mind, if a citizen shoots a cop, they are and must be considered innocent until proven guilty . . . but a cop shoots a citizen, justified or not, it is criminal . . . I conclude this regarding your mindset because - um the article is about the BEGINNING of the trial - not the end.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>But if you witnessed for yourself that this is the case, then you would not
>be so ignorant would you?

Well, that one went right over your head.

If you're ever out here I'll show you how we eat. I think you might be surprised.

So let me get this straight, in your mind, if a citizen shoots a cop, they are and must be considered innocent until proven guilty . . . but a cop shoots a citizen, justified or not, it is criminal . . . I conclude this regarding your mindset because - um the article is about the BEGINNING of the trial - not the end.

Cop shot an unarmed man, sitting on his bike. I'm sure you'll find a way to justify that.