base851

Texas Makes The Best BBQ

Everything else from the lesser 49 is a cheap imitation.

Discuss...

True....if you're talking briskit. Now if you're talking pork, Tennessee is hard to beat.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Discuss...

True....if you're talking briskit. Now if you're talking pork, Tennessee is hard to beat.

Pork isn't BBQ, it's something else.:D Beef is the only real BBQ.;)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Best BBQ I ever had was in Llano Texas (beef). Second best was in Muskogee OK (pork).

Since I am the only person whose judgment I need in BBQ evaluation, that's all that matters to me :ph34r:.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Discuss...

Pork isn't BBQ, it's something else.:D Beef is the only real BBQ.;)

Try saying that in Memphis!:P
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

North Carolina. Eastern style

I'm glad you qualified that! Western NC BBQ (if it can be called that) isn't something I'd let my dog eat. It's watery, has a distinct vinegary taste, and well, quite frankly tastes like shit. What I don't get is that they don't even try to improve it, they just cover it up with coleslaw and hope nobody notices... [:/]
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

This is 'almost' as bad as a 'who can pee highest up the wall':S

A good BBQ is when you share good singed meat products and hop based beverages with good mates [Full Stop]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I had no idea, tofu could be BBQ'd.:o

It can be! And now that you mention it, that's probably about the best BBQ you'd find out here. Don't even think of trying the brisket. :|

My new favorite place for brisket (in Texas, of course! ;)) is a little place called Spyke's in Kingsland. SOOOO good! Llano has some good stuff too.

Oh, and around San Marcos, you're probably thinking of Lockhart? They're known for BBQ, but it's been years since I've been there.

I had no idea, tofu could be BBQ'd.:o

It can be! And now that you mention it, that's probably about the best BBQ you'd find out here. Don't even think of trying the brisket. :|

My new favorite place for brisket (in Texas, of course! ;)) is a little place called Spyke's in Kingsland. SOOOO good! Llano has some good stuff too.

Oh, and around San Marcos, you're probably thinking of Lockhart? They're known for BBQ, but it's been years since I've been there.

Lockhart! That's it! It's been a looong time since I've been there. I was at SSM doing my packs for my seat rating and Steve Van Buren (the owner at the time) and I went there. Lord, it was good!

Chuck

Sorry, BBQ tri-tip from northern California has it all beat. We can close the thread now. :P

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Llano, IS the best!!! When I was there, I had the briskit and a pork chop... the chop looked more like a roast.:D There's a little town outside of San Marcos, I'd say is second. I can't recall the town's name... danged old age!

Chuck

Try these also:

Snow's in Lexington, Tx.
Several joints in Lockhart, Tx.
City Meat Market in Giddings, Tx.

This guy's backyard.

Don't go away mad....just go away!