Andy9o8

Waterboard the Underwear Bomber?

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/poll-finds-americans-favor-waterboarding-christmas-day-terror-suspect/19299536

Should the underwear bomber be waterboarded to try to get information from him?

why not? Holder said it was not torture!!!

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjAwY2M0ZjljYjAzYzFiYzljZjNkNDY1YTE1YmVhMDU=
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/poll-finds-americans-favor-waterboarding-christmas-day-terror-suspect/19299536

Should the underwear bomber be waterboarded to try to get information from him?

why not? Holder said it was not torture!!!

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjAwY2M0ZjljYjAzYzFiYzljZjNkNDY1YTE1YmVhMDU=
Abraham Lincoln

Just to make it clear, this guy is going down in history as The Underwear Bomber. :ph34r::D:ph34r::D

I thought it was the "Crotch Bomber".:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just to make it clear, this guy is going down in history as The Underwear Bomber. :ph34r::D:ph34r::D

To me, wearing a bomb on your nuts is a sign of commitment.

"To join our group, you must wear a bomb on your nuts."
"Ok."
"You're in."

None of this pansy-tattoo stuff.

...conversation while sitting on the plane...
"I'm tough because I've got a tattoo of the Harley logo on my chest."
"I've got a bomb on my nuts."

"...dude, you win."

The "Bollocks Bomber"

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I'm Kind of surprised, there are more bleeding heart libs here than I thought! It is split right down the center with 10 votes each, plus one stoner!:D

I say once you attempt to set off a bomb on a airliner, your rights as a human, are Gone!

It is interesting which posters would give the government and law enforcement the ability to torture people in this country... today a crotch bomber.. tomorrow a 1%er suspected of selling dope or gun running. Who else would you like them to waterboard???

"Bleeding heart" has nothing to do with it.

Waterboarding is ineffective, so there's no reason to argue about human rights.

First choose the MOST EFFECTIVE technique necessary to obtain the information you need, THEN decide whether that technique is morally OK.

Some people seem to be leaping over that first step out of sheer sadism.

edited to add supporting link:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/09/badintelligence/

Waterboarding & other forms of torture are ineffective at extracting accurate information.

They are good for getting the victim to say what you want to hear, however. Maybe that's the reason torture continues to be popular.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I'm Kind of surprised, there are more bleeding heart libs here than I thought! It is split right down the center with 10 votes each, plus one stoner!:D

I say once you attempt to set off a bomb on a airliner, your rights as a human, are Gone!

It is interesting which posters would give the government and law enforcement the ability to torture people in this country... today a crotch bomber.. tomorrow a 1%er suspected of selling dope or gun running. Who else would you like them to waterboard???

Have you read the laws surrounding 1%er clubs lately? They are losing their rights daily!

NOW , HOW do you get from Bomb carrying Terrorist to 1% ? quite the leap!

Have you read the laws surrounding 1%er clubs lately? They are losing their rights daily!

NOW , HOW do you get from Bomb carrying Terrorist to 1% ? quite the leap!

Its not a leap at all.. You do realize that the Patriot Act has been used to persecute far more americans than the intended usage to go after terrorists.

But I guess its ok in your mind to give up your rights for protection from those evil terrorists.:S:S

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me. -Pastor Martin Niemöller

I think we should get him a great Lawyer, have a nice trial with all his constitutional rights protected. We can let our national security interests be discovered in pre-trial motions. Maybe give him a big 'ole group hug, to improve his self-esteem!

This dude is an unlawful enemy combatant, he needs to go to Gitmo, be tried by a military tribunal and executed after he exploited for any intel.

It's a fucking war, way too many lately have forgotten that.

Let the flaming begin.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

>It is split right down the center with 10 votes each . . .

Yep. Ten people blinded by hate vs. ten people who want to get as much information out of the guy as possible. Let's hope the smarter group wins out.

No shit

I hate those who hate the US
Abraham Lincoln

It occurs to me that maybe AQ is deliberately using incompetent bumblers.

The shoe bomber, had he succeeded, would probably have left a mystery that would never be solved. As it is, by using a bumbling idiot, AQ has managed to tie up every commercial airport in the country with shoe removal and X-ray, and irritate every air traveler.

The 2006 "liquid bombers" likewise were bumblers. Had they blown up the 10 jets, we would also have a mystery on our hands. As it is, by using bumbling idiots, AQ has added to the hassles of every commercial air traveler who wants to take a tube of toothpaste with her.

Now we have a bumbling idiot "underwear bomber" who only manages to set his own bollocks on fire. Had he succeeded, he would probably have left a mystery that would never be solved. As it is, by using a bumbling idiot, AQ will succeed in tying up every commercial airport in the country with who knows what extra security measures, full body scans, and irritate every air traveler even more.

So by sacrificing a handful of morons, AQ has really succeeded in screwing us over in a big way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It occurs to me that maybe AQ is deliberately using incompetent bumblers.

The shoe bomber, had he succeeded, would probably have left a mystery that would never be solved. As it is, by using a bumbling idiot, AQ has managed to tie up every commercial airport in the country with shoe removal and X-ray, and irritate every air traveler.

The 2006 "liquid bombers" likewise were bumblers. Had they blown up the 10 jets, we would also have a mystery on our hands. As it is, by using bumbling idiots, AQ has added to the hassles of every commercial air traveler who wants to take a tube of toothpaste with her.

Now we have a bumbling idiot "underwear bomber" who only manages to set his own bollocks on fire. Had he succeeded, he would probably have left a mystery that would never be solved. As it is, by using a bumbling idiot, AQ will succeed in tying up every commercial airport in the country with who knows what extra security measures, full body scans, and irritate every air traveler even more.

So by sacrificing a handful of morons, AQ has really succeeded in screwing us over in a big way.

Great post

And I will follow, they did it to Bush first. Obama is following suit now[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

This dude is an unlawful enemy combatant,

Bullshit.
He is not a soldier in any nation's army.
He was not wearing a uniform of any nation's army.
He is nothing but a lowly criminal, so please stop elevating him to the status of a soldier.
It is an insult to real soldiers.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He is not a soldier in any nation's army.

Agreed

He was not wearing a uniform of any nation's army

Again agreed however, the no uniform makes it "unlawful" according to LOAC.

He is nothing but a lowly criminal,

I agree in theory however, in practical terms he does not deserve any protection(s) afforded criminals in our justice system. By declaring these folks combatants the full power of the United States Military can be brought to bear.

It is an insult to real soldiers.

I disagree, "real" soldiers are engaging and killing these combatants daily. These killers deserve exactly what they getting, again it's a war and it's going to be a long one at that!

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"