chuckakers

That's "President A**hole" to you

Obama supporters, don't bother with excuses

Why would we make any? It was an insensitive comment. But I'm glad to hear that your tolerance level for such comments is very low. I'll be sure to remember that for future reference. Unless of course you're simply not allowing a crisis to go to waste for political gamesmanship's sake.;)

No gamesmanship here. I am truly offended that my president would make such a remark publicly and I believe it says a lot about his ability - or lack thereof - to behave appropriately for the situation.

If you knew me you would know that my "tolerance for such comments" is actually very high. It's my tolerance for seeing my president do it in front of the world that I have no tolerance for.

Some of us still feel a sense of deep respect for the office, even if we don't agree with the person filling it.

this is a perfect example of the left having a huge double standard. When ever Bush did or said anything that was politically incorrect the left would bash him tirelessly for days or even weeks, to bad they don't hold Obama accountable for the same kind of miscues. Makes the left loose credibility by showing this side of themselves.

I don't feel that alot of the miss spoken words of Bush or Obama should be given alot of(if any) airtime but I do believe that the left should be equally critical of Obama as they were of Bush. Or is the left just alot of hypocrites?

this is a perfect example of the right having a huge double standard. When ever anyone complains about politically incorrectness the right would bash him tirelessly for days or even weeks, to bad they don't hold themselves accountable for the same kind of miscues. Makes the right loose credibility by showing this side of themselves.

another way of looking at it.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Nobody dislikes this guy (B.O.) more than I do, and I was hoping to find something in what he said to be upset about, but I just can't. I saw the clip from Leno, and I didn't see anything that bad. I think this is just a matter of trying to come up with something else to disparage him about. C'mon folks... He'll be giving us TONS of ones worse than this. Save your breath for them.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

what was more damaging, the original airing of his comment, or the thousands of times it has been repeated by various tv and radio shows throughout the day? he fucked up and made a distasteful comment. i would be willing to bet he genuinely feels bad about it too. this doesn't make him an asshole, it makes him a guy who said something stupid. i really hope this goes away after today.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

this is a perfect example of the left having a huge double standard. When ever Bush did or said anything that was politically incorrect the left would bash him tirelessly for days or even weeks, to bad they don't hold Obama accountable for the same kind of miscues. Makes the left loose credibility by showing this side of themselves.

I don't feel that alot of the miss spoken words of Bush or Obama should be given alot of(if any) airtime but I do believe that the left should be equally critical of Obama as they were of Bush. Or is the left just alot of hypocrites?

NOPE - it's an example of SKYDIVERS having a double standard.

See HERE.

And Here

In fact, a search on "PC", "Political Correctness" etc, brings up hundreds of posts, and those most critical are well known RIGHT WINGERS.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

In other news today:

It seems that First Lady Michelle Obama has said she is planting a "vegetable garden" on White House grounds.

Clearly, a thinly-veiled jeer at quadriplegics & coma victims. Where will it all end?:|:P

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

In other news today:

It seems that First Lady Michelle Obama has said she is planting a "vegetable garden" on White House grounds.

Clearly, a thinly-veiled jeer at quadriplegics & coma victims. Where will it all end?:|:P

:D:D:D:D:D

10 points for Speed Racer! That's fucking funny:D Thanks, I needed that!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Well, my favorite thread in here for a day a while back was this one...does it offend your delicate sensibilities so much that you feel the need to berate all the posters who voted "No"?
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

You've probably heard by now that Mr. Obama was on Leno last night and compared his recent bowling game (where he bowled a 129) to being like "special olympics or something", while laughing about it.

I didn't heard that (of course), and I'm not Obama supporter. However if it was like you described I would say that I found the joke funny. Your outrage, however, looks quite artificial and unnatural.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

1 - bankrupt the country? - no biggie
2 - turn the political process into giant witch hunts and scapegoating? - no biggie
3 - undermine personal freedoms and individuality? - no biggie
4 - accelerate and intensify the next depression on the backs of our kids? - no biggie

5 - make a wiseass crack attempting to be the "every" guy? - apparently that is a big deal :S

there's bigger fish to fry - even if any other politician would say it, all the Obama zealots would trash the guy

It could even be on purpose to distract the public from real problems

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

stop making the president out to be some sort of fucking demi-god who has to sit up above the rest of us.

he does not, he is not, and he does not pretend to be either.

which is actually a fucking compliment.

Anyone, including me, would have made the same joke - and it is a joke, and should be taken that way - a fucking joke. He is on a late night talk show, not the Whitehouse lawn. And I can discern between a joke and an offensive remark - apparently you cannot

This president is the closest thing to a 'regular guy' this country has seen in decades. ANd that is a good thing.

What are you going to say if he tells a 'black joke'? I think that would be hilarious. Not only that - it would make him human.

We need that. Most people in their lives have said something offensive, many of us quite often. That is what makes us human. Just because I say 'Jew' does not mean I hate anyone or anything.

get over it.

Could it be possible that what he was referring to was that the special olympic personal were far better than him, thus cracking on himself?

That's how i understood it. I really don't think Obama would intentionally make deragatory or imflamatory remarks intentionally. It's not his charachter.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I guess there's a reason no sitting President has been on a late night variety show in decades. Maybe a little common sense would have prevented it entirely. ... Is it rediculous for the President to be on a comedy show making gaffes? Absolutely.

I've accepted that it's some part of my 'antiquated' ideas regarding public behavior of leaders, public officials, and representatives of the government that I don't consider any Late Night comedy/variety show or The Daily Show, as much as I might like the latter, to be appropriate fora for the head of state or even Presidential candidates.

Recognize that my conceptions don't necessarily match the rest of the countries ... c'est la vie.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I guess there's a reason no sitting President has been on a late night variety show in decades. Maybe a little common sense would have prevented it entirely. ... Is it rediculous for the President to be on a comedy show making gaffes? Absolutely.

I've accepted that it's some part of my 'antiquated' ideas regarding public behavior of leaders, public officials, and representatives of the government that I don't consider any Late Night comedy/variety show or The Daily Show, as much as I might like the latter, to be appropriate fora for the head of state or even Presidential candidates.

Recognize that my conceptions don't necessarily match the rest of the countries ... c'est la vie.

/Marg

Thanks for letting everyone know what you accept.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

You've probably heard by now that Mr. Obama was on Leno last night and compared his recent bowling game (where he bowled a 129) to being like "special olympics or something", while laughing about it.

It's former President George Bush's fault that Obama only scored a 129. If the Bush administration hadn't screwed up the lanes and pins so badly over the last 8 years, Obama probably would have bowled a 300 game. It'll take years to repair the divots and restore the bowling alley to proper functioning again - at least four years. And it's going to take a billion dollars to effect the repairs.

I've thought about it a little today and am having a difficult time not thinking of a certain word...

deliberate

Perhaps I'm being slow at the moment ... I'm not following what you mean by "deliberate." Also not sure to whom "deliberate" refers?

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

He said something somewhat dumb (for a President, anyway). BFD.

Don't know if this has been addressed downthread, but I don't think it's proper for him to appear on that kind of TV show. Period.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

And do you know who was the ground-breaker for that? None less than that commie pinko liberal tree-hugger, then-former Vice President and Republican presidential candidate, Richard M. Nixon. He appeared on the Tonight Show, as well as Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - did a cameo where he exclaimed, "Sock it to me." Liberal trash.

Maybe if you had shown any concern in the past, your "outrage" would appear genuine.

Given your SC persona exhibited previously, your "outrage" is clearly faked.

Looks like this thread backfired on you.

:D:D

Thanks

I needed that :D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think it's hilarious that nearly all the posters on this thread have exactly the opposite opinions from when Bush would stick his foot in his mouth.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants