JackC

Atheist advert provokes complaint

The God who created the Heavens and the Earth.

That doesn't narrow it down at all.

Science doesn't create laws it is a method for observing and attempting to understand the world around us. The scientific method is constantly being revised and tested. It is based on logic and real world testing.

The scientific method is constantly being revised and tested.

Correct, and perhaps when it is revised after futher understanding of blackholes and dark matter, those revisions could extend to an understanding of God who created them....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Correct, and perhaps when it is revised after futher understanding of blackholes and dark matter, those revisions could extend to an understanding of God who created them....

I very much doubt that. Scientists aren't in the hocus pocus business. Any scientist who invokes god would need to actually produce this god and let all the other scientists scientifically prod and poke it to see what falls out. And apparently god won't stand for being poked.

No that would not "extend to and understanding of God", because the scientist would have to ASSUME there is a god.
Good scientists do not assume anything. Any assumptions that are incorrect would be weeded out in testing.

No that would not "extend to and understanding of God", because the scientist would have to ASSUME there is a god.
Good scientists do not assume anything. Any assumptions that are incorrect would be weeded out in testing.

Than quit asking for evidence!

Sheeesh!

No. It's the complete lack of evidence or even a coherent argument for the existence of god that makes the god hypothesis highly improbable. It's got bugger all to do with certainty.

Evidence can present itself in many different forms. Arguments are useless when concepts are foreign. Intelligence that allows us to observe a perfectly ordered universe ,has to be something other than coincidence. There has to be some unifying equation that describes the interchangeability of energy, matter, time, space, and intelligence, since they all came from the same place. The sum of that equation would of course be God.

your unifying equation is called M theory. It has absolutly nothing to do with a character in a storybook written by people who had absolutly NO understanding of the natural world, at random times over many hundreds of years and endlessly transcribed translated altered messed with and interpreted by lunatics hell bent on personal power and control over populations for thier own gain.

Once further theoretical and practical work is done on M theory, I'm certain that an equation like you mention will be constructed. Will that then be enough to call it a day for the brainwashed flock? I doubt it. Unfortunatly we as a race are excellent liars, we lie to each other and we lie to ourselves in the face of overwhemling EVIDENCE to the contrary. We continue to be hindered by outragous beliefs formulated when we were basically in the bronze age. why this is I dont know. how anyone in the modern world could possibly even consider reigion is beyond me. It's sad. There's no need for it and it causes all sorts of suffering (recent Isreal / Gaza conflict...)

Come on give reason a GO, its fun and it works!

No. It's the complete lack of evidence or even a coherent argument for the existence of god that makes the god hypothesis highly improbable. It's got bugger all to do with certainty.

Evidence can present itself in many different forms. Arguments are useless when concepts are foreign. Intelligence that allows us to observe a perfectly ordered universe ,has to be something other than coincidence. There has to be some unifying equation that describes the interchangeability of energy, matter, time, space, and intelligence, since they all came from the same place. The sum of that equation would of course be God.

Good grief. Non-sequitur piled on top of assumption piled on top of wishful thinking. I think you've demonstrated my point brilliantly.

your unifying equation is called M theory. It has absolutly nothing to do with a character in a storybook written by people who had absolutly NO understanding of the natural world, at random times over many hundreds of years and endlessly transcribed translated altered messed with and interpreted by lunatics hell bent on personal power and control over populations for thier own gain.

Once further theoretical and practical work is done on M theory, I'm certain that an equation like you mention will be constructed. Will that then be enough to call it a day for the brainwashed flock? I doubt it. Unfortunatly we as a race are excellent liars, we lie to each other and we lie to ourselves in the face of overwhemling EVIDENCE to the contrary. We continue to be hindered by outragous beliefs formulated when we were basically in the bronze age. why this is I dont know. how anyone in the modern world could possibly even consider reigion is beyond me. It's sad. There's no need for it and it causes all sorts of suffering (recent Isreal / Gaza conflict...)

I couldn't agree more with your analysis of religion.Many have taken the beauty and simplicity of God's Words and turned them into a religion for the reasons you mentioned. This is regrettable but does not diminish the intended value of God's Word for spiritual edification. You have also described the dilemma we face because of our creative intelligence, good vs evil. But you have failed to provide an answer for the harm caused by our evil acts or a means of escaping them. As a species we have proven that reason and logic alone are insufficient to save us from ourselves.

Good grief. Non-sequitur piled on top of assumption piled on top of wishful thinking. I think you've demonstrated my point brilliantly.

Well then, I guess we can both sit back and feed good about ourselves, because you validate my point
as well.

>If someone searched a good percentage of the gardens most likely
>to contain fairies, found none, and proclaimed that they "probably don't
>exist", I would trust his judgement far more than that of someone who
>believed in and worshipped one big fairy that supposedly lives in the sky.

Good point. Stephen Green might be able to use this in _his_ upcoming bus ad - "Garden fairies and God - you can't prove either one doesn't exist!"

Don't forget the unicorns! We wouldn't want them to feel left out.
http://www.exitshot.com

I don't know but I think this is a pretty good description of the
people working on M-Theory :D. String theory is a bit like
writing religion in mathematical language :o
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I don't know but I think this is a pretty good description of the
people working on M-Theory :D. String theory is a bit like
writing religion in mathematical language :o

I didn't know that the people working on m theory were hell bent on world domination. How bout that.

And string theory is a way of trying to understand the world around us through logic and yes, math. That's quite different than saying some all powerful being decided one day he wanted to create something and then "poof". Yay varily, worship me or burn in hell.

And string theory is a way of trying to understand the world around us through logic and yes, math. That's quite different than saying some all powerful being decided one day he wanted to create something and then "poof".

Yes, we have established that science is different than faith.

poof...:D