christelsabine

GWB: "..his head held high.."

>The military takes LARGE steps to prevent needless casualties wherever possible.

Of course. But the decision to go to war involves large numbers of deaths to innocents, both from our direct action (i.e. bombing buildings) and our indirect action (i.e. taking out the police and letting the extremists take over.) We do try to minimize them; good for us. They still happen by the tens of thousands.

The decision to go to war leads inevitably to the slaughter of countless innocents, and anyone who does not understand that should not be in a position of power.

Who makes you the world police?
Who gave you the right to kill innocent people?

Rest assured it is not HIM or any of his fellow travellers... they prefer for OTHERS who have actually volunteered for service to their country to do their dirty work.

Oh - you mean like Haiti, Somalia, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Iraq, Bosnia, Macedonia/Kosovo, East Timor, Albania, Congo, CAR, Afghanistan, and a few other places?

They will be the first to point out that the military is all volunteer and should be used to enrich those they support at the whim of those in power.

No, the paranoid obsession about the military-industrial complex is firmly in the camp of the Left, sorry.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, the paranoid obsession about the military-industrial complex is firmly in the camp of the Left, sorry.

I guess from where you are sitting.. you rely on it for job security.

Its not paranoia to point out FACT Mikee... but the attempt to always redirect is pretty transparent... Me thinks the paranoia on your end is having to look for a job in another sector.

Are you seriously saying that the removal of one man and his crew was worth the slaughter of thousands of INNOCENT Iraqi men, women and Children?

So the thousand upon thousands of people Saddam was murdering weren't innocent civilians? Do you believe for one second that he would not have continued his slaughter of entire villages just because one resident spoke out against him?

What makes us the world police? Nothing. But there wan't any other country lifting a finger to stop that son of a bitch.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

What makes us the world police? Nothing. But there wan't any other country lifting a finger to stop that son of a bitch.

Want to pick a country in Africa???

How many innocents have died on the African continent in the last 8 years???

Think we will be going to North Korea anytime soon???
a hell of a lot more people have died there than in Iraq...under Sadaam by far

Oh thats right.... NO OIL

Why did you pick THAT Son of a Bitch, as opposed to many others around the world? Why select the one that pissed off daddy Bush so baby Bush tried to be a man using other peoples kids lives?

That's such a flimsy case ...NEXT

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Its not paranoia to point out FACT Mikee... but the attempt to always redirect is pretty transparent... Me thinks the paranoia on your end is having to look for a job in another sector.

Yeah, and maybe you can actually come UP with facts, one of these days.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's right...no oil. No argument there.
But we Americans love our oil. We use more per capita than any other country. We can't get along without it. If the government suddenly stopped importing foreign oil there would be an uprising in this country unlike any since the last Civil War.
Yep, oil was the major reason for going into Iraq and lots of people made lots of money over the deal. But here's the kicker....every person in this country was free to invest in those oil compainies and those companies contracted to rebuild and share in the profits.
Until the day comes when we are free of our dependence upon foreign oil there will always be the probability of our troops being sent into harms way to keep that oil flowing.
The one catch phrase that is totally bogus in this whole deal is "No Blood for Oil". Everything we have in this country, every piece of food, every mile of roadway, every bridge, tunnel, overpass, dam, etc. is paid for with the blood of the men and women who bring it to us. Why would the one commodity that keeps this country moving be any different?
HAMMER:

Why did you pick THAT Son of a Bitch, as opposed to many others around the world? Why select the one that pissed off daddy Bush so baby Bush tried to be a man using other peoples kids lives?

I bet you're glad we chased this son of a bitch from your backyard and his goals weren't much different.
HAMMER:

I bet you're glad we chased this son of a bitch from your backyard and his goals weren't much different.

Bollox - you helped (and our country is thankfull for those that turned up on time and not so much for those that sat on their arses making money out of that war) and charged us a fucking load to do so too (which, incidentally, we recently paid off)

P.S : Comparing the invasion of Iraq with the defense of Europe is offensive. They are now where near the same in any way shape of form.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Another Hollywood historian.

You just might want to check out the contribution of the rest of the Allied Powers (like the USSR) to defeating the Nazis.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Another Hollywood historian

Hey! FUCK YOU!!

Did I ever say the U.S. did it alone?? Pay attention to what is posted, not to what you think is posted.
Typical fucking college professor. :S
HAMMER:

Hey! FUCK YOU!!

Did I ever say the U.S. did it alone?? Pay attention to what is posted, not to what you think is posted.

Oooh - a temper tantrum.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Rest assured it is not HIM or any of his fellow travellers... they prefer for OTHERS who have actually volunteered for service to their country to do their dirty work.

They will be the first to point out that the military is all volunteer and should be used to enrich those they support at the whim of those in power.

you are correct, our military is volunteer, That is the great part of our Democracy. everyone has the right to follow their own way through life, some choose the military and some don't.

I am very greatfull to those that do and very greatfull to those that use their choice to follow a different path, even the one that you chose. You being the opposite of me(in most cases) gives us balance. niether one of us is completely right or completely wrong and somewhere in the middle is what is good.

So even though I don't see things your way, I welcome your thoughts because it is good for us as a hole. So you are correct in that I did not serve in the military and I agree with most of what has happened as far as the war goes, but that does not mean my contribution to the country is any less important than the one you make or my thoughts are any less or more important than yours.

Hey! FUCK YOU!!

What?

You said "....we chased that SOAB..."

If you want to be well understood, express yourself in a proper way, dude :S

Which branch of service did you do in those glorious old days?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

So if someone doesn't serve in the military then they're not allowed to have a positive opinion of military action. But if you do serve in the military then you only have a positive opinion because of job security.

Excellent logic.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

We went to Korea and still have troops there.

How much has the percentage of Iraqi oil imports increased since 2003? And don't deflect. I'm just pointing out FACT.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Hey! FUCK YOU!!

Oooh - a temper tantrum.

Oh, I don't know; If someone accused me of being a typical college professor, I might take that as a compliment.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hey! FUCK YOU!!

Oooh - a temper tantrum.

Oh, I don't know; If someone accused me of being a typical college professor, I might take that as a compliment.:|

Same here... But John would probably prefer someone like Amazon or Christel to say the first bit.:P

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

So you are correct in that I did not serve in the military and I agree with most of what has happened as far as the war goes, but that does not mean my contribution to the country is any less important than the one you make or my thoughts are any less or more important than yours.

So if someone doesn't serve in the military then they're not allowed to have a positive opinion of military action. But if you do serve in the military then you only have a positive opinion because of job security.

I’m confused?
How did you both come to that conclusion based on what Amazon wrote?

She (& President Eisenhower) were talking about private contractors. President Eisenhower's phrase was "arms industry." Some private contractors are post-military service; some aren't.

Of all the folks who have made explicit or implicit comments regarding military service as a requirement to vote in the US or as prerequisite to speak regarding national security, I’ve not observed [Amazon] engaging in that behavior. If you have, please correct me. She’s proud of her service, rightfully. And of all the folks who seem to have a ‘knee-jerk’ for giving credibility to those who have been in the military, she's not among that group. E.g., recently a retired military officer's nomination to President-elect Obama's cabinet was given credibility with the phrase "He's a Marine. 'Nuff said." Really? I'd cite his experience and record, but that's just me.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

We went to Korea and still have troops there.

DUDE.. that was so.. 1950'ish

My old man was at Chosin....barely got out.. ( course if he hadn't.. I would not be here to bust your chops)

You signing up for the next invasion of North Korea???

DUDE..... I get banned for saying that kinda shit....:ph34r:

Are the greenies taking the day off?
I came back here expecting to (not) see some posts in the Recycle Bin.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.