christelsabine

GWB: "..his head held high.."

Good for him. Admitting your mistakes (or in his case almost admitting them) is the first step in making sure you don't make more of them in the future.

Well, in GWB's case he only has a "future" to do anything of the sort for a bit less than two months. A little late in the game for me to give him any "credit" here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Mission accomplished?

Or why to state (t)his public regret right now, few weeks before leaving the Oval Office?

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977523447&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace

i think the jury is still out in Iraq and wont know the true results for years to come. yes there were mistakes but it can stioll have a positive outcome.

As far as Katrina goes, laying a natural disaster or the incompitence of the local government on Bush is definately wrong. the federal government saved more people and transported more supplies in a shorter amount of time than in any other natural disaster. how can you blame Bush for the local government not evacuating when they had been told they should? or not reporting the levee brakes to the federal government and asking for help?

how can you blame Bush for the local government not evacuating when they had been told they should? or not reporting the levee brakes to the federal government and asking for help?

Because the mayor and gov. were dems. That exempts them from blame from the left.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

As far as Katrina goes, laying a natural disaster or the incompitence of the local government on Bush is definately wrong. the federal government saved more people and transported more supplies in a shorter amount of time than in any other natural disaster. how can you blame Bush for the local government not evacuating when they had been told they should? or not reporting the levee brakes to the federal government and asking for help?

Has it been long enough that we now can lie about the incompetence of FEMA and it's leader, in handling that event?

Apparently.

Mission accomplished?

Or why to state (t)his public regret right now, few weeks before leaving the Oval Office?

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977523447&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace

i think the jury is still out in Iraq and wont know the true results for years to come.

NONSENSE - the war was started under false pretenses, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mission accomplished?

i think the jury is still out in Iraq and wont know the true results for years to come.

NONSENSE - the war was started under false pretenses, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

i don't think i was commenting on the cause of the war but the end result.

Has it been long enough that we now can lie about the incompetence of FEMA and it's leader, in handling that event?

Apparently.

why do people insist on blaming the 2nd 3rd or 4th person down the line? lets put the blame on the first person, like the fucktard that didn't order the evacuation, or the liar that said the levees were ok?

how can you blame Bush for the local government not evacuating when they had been told they should? or not reporting the levee brakes to the federal government and asking for help?

Because the mayor and gov. were dems. That exempts them from blame from the left.

sorry my fault, i guess i just can't covert to stupid thinking.

Mission accomplished?

Mussolini made the trains run on time and Hitler was nice to dogs, but that didn't excuse their behavior either.

Mission accomplished?

Mussolini made the trains run on time and Hitler was nice to dogs, but that didn't excuse their behavior either.

? this is a new spin, to where i have no idea, but it is new.

Mission accomplished?

? this is a new spin, to where i have no idea, but it is new.

Think about it.

Apparently.

why do people insist on blaming the 2nd 3rd or 4th person down the line? lets put the blame on the first person, like the fucktard that didn't order the evacuation, or the liar that said the levees were ok?

I'd rather blame the freakin' retards that built, and the retards today that rebuild, cities that are below sea level and sinking by the minute.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

And stupid ass conspiracy theorists such as myself, were ridiculed by patriotic americans when in late 2002/2003 were calling bullshit on WMD, calling murderer to GWB and look what happens 6 years later.....

So many of you in here were so behind the war that you couldn't make sense out of relity.

That murdering fuckwit GWB and his sidekicks should all be taken to the haugue for war crimes and punished severely.

Apathy from brainwashed americans is the main reason people like that do things such as they have.

Pull your head in people.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Apparently.

I'd rather blame the freakin' retards that built, and the retards today that rebuild, cities that are below sea level and sinking by the minute.

now you are really digging to the real cause and the liberals will have nothing to do with that. this would divert the blame from Bush and that couldn't possibly be the right thing to do.

Apparently.

The revisionist history of what happened in New Orleans is starting to get out of hand here. It uses previous posts to grow upon as proof.

As far as where to build a city: You could say the same about cities built around no water, on fault lines, near volcanos, in heavy snow areas, heavy rain areas, near deadly bugs, etc. Just who's definition of where do you build an urban area do we want to settle on? Also, the lower 9th is often used as an example but no one points out the upper white class sections of NOLA that are a few inches lower but were quickly rebuilt.

The job of FEMA is to handle disasters. It doesn't matter if the disaster could have been averted - they don't choose whether or not to assist on that basis. The blame game takes place afterwards. During the crisis, you take care of business.

There's no question that FEMA failed in this.

>i think the jury is still out in Iraq and wont know the true results for years to come.

The second part of your statement is correct. The first part is not.

Take another example. A woman is sexually assaulted, and the criminal is caught in the act. She recovers from the experience, and manages to become a stronger person after her recovery. She sets up a center to help other women overcome their own bad experiences.

Does that mean that the criminal no longer bears any blame, because the result was a "good one?"

The job of FEMA is to handle disasters. It doesn't matter if the disaster could have been averted - they don't choose whether or not to assist on that basis. The blame game takes place afterwards. During the crisis, you take care of business.

There's no question that FEMA failed in this.

Or you could not be a dumbass and leave when you see the big fucking radar picture of a cat 5 hurricane coming.

FEMA may have failed. The problem I have is taking all of the blame and laying it on the President.

>The problem I have is taking all of the blame and laying it on the President.

I agree. There is more than enough blame to go around; putting it all on the president is as foolish as putting it all on the residents.

Agreed.

FEMA may have failed. The problem I have is taking all of the blame and laying it on the President.

You can say it - FEMA *did* fail. And that's not Bush's fault. His failing is in appointing an unqualified person to head FEMA. Hopefully Obama and future Presidents will realize it's too important a position to reward friends with.

Mission accomplished?

there's a fundamental mismatch between the title and what Bush really admits regretting. (the intelligence for the war vs. the war itself)

Regretting the WMD intelligence can still mean an endorsement of the PNAC rationale - in fact, reinforce it.
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true