christelsabine

Hillary - She's Been Asked And She Said YES ..

Congrats folks, your new Secretary of State is Mrs. Hillary Clinton - she's a rock B|

:D

Good strategy by both people.

Obama removes the threat of her challenging him in the 2012 election, while she has the opportunity to reestablish herself as a worthy candidate in 2016, based on more than being the First Lady and a carpetbagging Senator.

i don't get the thing about her being a threat in 2012. how many instances have there been where the incumbant president hasn't gotten the nomination from his party? how unpopular would obama have to be within his own party for anyone to mount a serious campaign against him in 2012? besides, he already beat her in a primary and then went on win the presidency. i'm just not buying that he's eliminating 2012 competition. its possible that he just might think she will make a good secretary of state.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I'm sorry, but I get this nomination about as well as I got the whole Caribou Barbie thing.

There are plenty here who would love to explain how it goes along with his campaign of change.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

i don't get the thing about her being a threat in 2012. how many instances have there been where the incumbant president hasn't gotten the nomination from his party? how unpopular would obama have to be within his own party for anyone to mount a serious campaign against him in 2012?

He's a black man taking over during a particularly unhealthy time for the nation. If it gets worse, expect people in his party to challenge.

Congrats folks, your new Secretary of State is Mrs. Hillary Clinton - she's a rock B|

YES! The change we were promised!!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

On a side note. Knowing what I know today, I would have registered Democrate and voted for her in the primaries. If it had been between her and "change", I would have voted for her. At least we would know what we were getting. And as of right now, we still don't.
Abraham Lincoln

At least we would know what we were getting.

The people skills of Hannibal Lechter, the sense of humor of Mark Twain, and the integrity of Bart Simpson.

...and the honor of.........
Abraham Lincoln

Was she Secretary of State previously? I must have missed that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Attempting to convince us that Hillary Clinton is a Washington outsider?

Do you own a dictionary?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Do you own a dictionary?

Yes.

Meh - don't like Hillary. Never did. I liked Bill, thought he was a good President. I think anti-Hillary sentiment among the GOP is far greater than Obama Derangement Syndrome. It makes me wonder if part of the rationale here is that Hillary will be a bigger target for the GOP, and will deflect some of their attacks away from Obama.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It makes me wonder if part of the rationale here is that Hillary will be a bigger target for the GOP, and will deflect some of their attacks away from Obama.

I doubt it. During a recession most Americans are relatively unconcerned with the State dept. If she was in Health or Labour I think you would be right, but not State.

Meh - don't like Hillary. Never did. I liked Bill, thought he was a good President. I think anti-Hillary sentiment among the GOP is far greater than Obama Derangement Syndrome. It makes me wonder if part of the rationale here is that Hillary will be a bigger target for the GOP, and will deflect some of their attacks away from Obama.

Her criticisms are merely responses to the things that come out of her mouth. During her campaign, she continued to speak about delusions that never occurred. (Like Chelsea jogging by the towers on 9/11, Bosnia snipers... there are lists)
She was acting like a 12 yo kid, making up stories to make her life seem more exciting.

It went to the point that ardent HC supporters were at a loss to explain her integrity issues. I asked them if they believed her and I got a lot of embarrassed silence.

To generate criticism, no one will need to do anything but HC.
Actually, the entertainment value will be priceless.

Unlikely it will help with the GOP, but perhaps with Colbert and Letterman.

i don't get the thing about her being a threat in 2012. how many instances have there been where the incumbant president hasn't gotten the nomination from his party? how unpopular would obama have to be within his own party for anyone to mount a serious campaign against him in 2012? besides, he already beat her in a primary and then went on win the presidency. i'm just not buying that he's eliminating 2012 competition. its possible that he just might think she will make a good secretary of state.

He's already backtracking on a lot of "promises" he made during the campaign, so I'd say his popularity in 4 years could very well allow this. Remember, he has to deliver "taxbreaks to 95% of the population" to live up to his promises.

Mark Klingelhoefer

He's already backtracking on a lot of "promises" he made during the campaign, so I'd say his popularity in 4 years could very well allow this. Remember, he has to deliver "taxbreaks to 95% of the population" to live up to his promises.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Why, hello there Hannity talking point. This is what he says every night on his show now.