JohnRich

Rest In Peace, America

JohnRich -
10 November is just a few days away. Renew yourself. If you really think America has ended, lock, load and get to work. Of all people who would post something like that, I would least expect it from someone who has served America proudly.

Could you please explain the relevance of 10th Nov... for a thick Brit?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

JohnRich -
10 November is just a few days away. Renew yourself. If you really think America has ended, lock, load and get to work. Of all people who would post something like that, I would least expect it from someone who has served America proudly.

Marine Corps Birthday.

We've been propelled into a warrantless War, an economic crisis based on unbound spending.

Sorry to pee on your parade, but the country's economic woes are due largely to the lowering of lending standards in the mortgage industry during the 90's. The (democrat led) congress forced legislation that allowed people to buy homes they couldn't afford with no down payment, and not even an income verification process, and then banks that bucked the laws were politically beaten down by the likes of organizations like ACORN.

In fact, Bush asked congress three seperate times to review and tighten lending standards to a reasonable level to reverse what economists called a looming disaster.

Just the facts.;)

IN FACT, the CRA loan default rate was no higher than that of "regular" mortages. The problem was NOT CRA loans, it was subprime loans created by greedy brokers so they could collect large commissions, which were then packaged into securities and greedily gobbled up by Wall Street's "masters of the universe".

JUST THE FACTS.

Nice try, but the sub-prime loans you refer to ARE the mortgages I'm referring to. The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 was the beginning of problem

There was no problem with CRA loans until AFTER the Gramm inspired deregulation of 2000. Even then, CRA loans outperformed non-CRA subprime loans. Just check up on the default rates and you will see that CRA loans were NOT the cause. Sure there were people taking out loans they couldn't afford to repay, but the vast majority of them were not CRA loans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

JohnRich -

Marine Corps Birthday.

Cheers mate - now I knowB|

What year? What were they before they were Marines?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

JohnRich -

Marine Corps Birthday.

And I just received my invitation to the (Chicago) Navy/Marine Corps Birthday Ball:)

JohnRich -

Marine Corps Birthday.

And I just received my invitation to the (Chicago) Navy/Marine Corps Birthday Ball:)

Not even 24 hours after the election of a new democratic president, and the pussifying of America has already begun -- the Marine Corps inviting a liberal elitist professor to their birthday ball...

RIP America!! [:/]

;)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Marine Corps Ball
Navy Ball

Never heard of a Navy/Marine Corps Ball

I can't help that.

and under what circumstances would you be invited?

They invite me every year.

Alot of people have made alot of assumptions on here about me,... let me try to clarify some things. First off,... I love my country, and all that it has stood for. I have served my country, I am a vet. I have done nothing to disgrace or insult anybody, my flag, or my country. I do not agree with what Bush has done, nor did I agree with McCain. I am not racist in any way, I could care less what color people are. I have displayed my flag in a manner that signifies distress. This country is in a state of distress. The electing of Obama is proof of this distress. When half the population of this country would vote for this man we have a very serious problem in this country. I have nothing against him personally, but he has made to many statements against this country to then be elected by the people. That he has been elected shows that we are in a state of distress. The display of my flag is a call to people to wake up to what is going on. This country has never been as polarized as it is now.

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

Not that I agree with the practice, but it is not illegal to hang a flag upside down. Or rub dirt into it. Or burn it. Those are all protected under freedom of speech.

Bullshit, it's not "speech" of any kind.

But those actions are, and should be, protected under the ability to do whatever you want with your private property.

If you own that flag, do what you want with it. Even if it's a childish, impotent, low brow, pissy, distasteful action that serves no purpose other than masturbatory self congratulatory craplitude.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This country was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of men and women who couldn't spell and thought of educated folk as elitists.

You know, morons. (I love a Blazing Saddles moment).

It's nice to have a man who can string a cogent sentence together and be able to eat a pretzel unaided for a change.

Alot of people have made alot of assumptions on here about me,... let me try to clarify some things. First off,... I love my country, and all that it has stood for. I have served my country, I am a vet. I have done nothing to disgrace or insult anybody, my flag, or my country. I do not agree with what Bush has done, nor did I agree with McCain. I am not racist in any way, I could care less what color people are. I have displayed my flag in a manner that signifies distress. This country is in a state of distress. The electing of Obama is proof of this distress. When half the population of this country would vote for this man we have a very serious problem in this country. I have nothing against him personally, but he has made to many statements against this country to then be elected by the people. That he has been elected shows that we are in a state of distress. The display of my flag is a call to people to wake up to what is going on. This country has never been as polarized as it is now.

You have just clearly stated stated that you do not believe in the democratic process at all.

BTW, "THE PEOPLE" have already woken up that is the reason Obama was elected.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You have just clearly stated stated that you do not believe in the democratic process at all.

BTW, "THE PEOPLE" have already woken up that is the reason Obama was elected.

Exactly! What statements did Obama make that were against this country? I think the problem with the rightwingers is that anytime someone questions whether this country is having problems, they assume that they are against the country. We cannot be in denial anymore!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla