JohnRich

Rest In Peace, America

This country has never been as polarized as it is now.

Fact is, the polarization was greater at the last 2 elections when looking how haw the vote was split. But then again, reading your last post, you dont really care about facts, now do you...
Remster

You know, morons. (I love a Blazing Saddles moment).

It's nice to have a man who can string a cogent sentence together and be able to eat a pretzel unaided for a change.

Lookie here boys,
WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT?

As we see Gimpy on top of the town wall...
"Hey, the new sheriff is a n
"Oh, the new sheriff is near!"

Strange how some folks can have an emotional argument but when asked to present a rational response to the gut reaction...they can't.
I can't find anywhere that Obama has spoken against America as a country, only negative comments about failed American government.

I disagree, but assuming you're correct anyhow, I can only point at the fact that for the last 8 years we've been lead by a "uniter, not a divider". ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I disagree, but assuming you're correct anyhow, I can only point at the fact that for the last 8 years we've been lead by a "uniter, not a divider". ;)

Blues,
Dave

A white male christian fundamentalist will lead America down the path chad thinks is correct.

A black male christian will cause the flag to go upside down.

Says a lot.

I have nothing against him personally, but he has made to many statements against this country to then be elected by the people.

Clearly, he didn't make too many of those statements to be elected by the people. Since he was, you know, elected by the people.

What are some of these "statements against the country?"

No, of course not. Not even in the Civil War when we were shooting and killing each other, American vs. American in full out combat. All over one side's desire to perpetuate social injustices. Not a proud moment in our history, and I doubt today's "polarization" will be a proud moment in future memories either.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Funny that I watched Guns, Gems and Steel last night.

I didn't know there was such a documentary...was it on TV or DVD? I just listened to the audiobook several weeks ago and found it really interesting.

Blues,
Dave

It does sound interesting. I think the documentary was done by Nat Geo and shown on PBS. Here a few torrents for the film if interested:

http://thepiratebay.org/search/guns,%20germs,%20and%20steel/0/99/200

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

many of you should learn to read

I read that you said this about Obama: "he has made to many statements against this country". You have yet to provide a single example of this.

Its not so much that people can't read, but when a person makes such serious accusations without a single shred of proof they appear to be blinded by things such as racial intolerance or religious persecution or fear.

i believe it is called evolution.

McCain lost because the republican party is no longer has a conservative business but has become a repository for evangelical creationists -- the world has been around longer than 6000 years. The party no longer understands that the fundamental demographics of the country have been shifting since the late 1990s -- look at the education levels of the blue states -- all are in the upper 20% or higher for completing college and the populations centers are in the same areas. Example: Virginia -- where about 90% of the districts voted red but those few in the northern state with the greatest population carried the vote.

The country is moving to a human capital focus that values knowledge and technology -- evolution is a painful process for those species unable to adapt but it is necessary for the growth of those of us capable.

actually the mortgage scheme was thought up by -- i believe a republican congress back in 1999 where they forced fannie mae to accept higher risk loans so that everyone could purchase a house.

the abuse started when those main streeters felt they -- no matter that their income could not support it -- deserved all the new bright and shiny things they saw others possessing. the results we currently see are not just from mortgages but the overall consumer credit abuse which those neolithics embarked on.

many of you should learn to read

I read that you said this about Obama: "he has made to many statements against this country". You have yet to provide a single example of this.

Its not so much that people can't read, but when a person makes such serious accusations without a single shred of proof they appear to be blinded by things such as racial intolerance or religious persecution or fear.

Well, since we can't read it might be tough for us to understand... but perhaps he can read so well that he actually reads into things that aren't even there? :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Clearly, he didn't make too many of those statements to be elected by the people. Since he was, you know, elected by the people.

Right, because Obama was elected president, everyone who voted for him did all the research in the world and really paid attention to everything he had to say, not to mention paying close enough attention to the people he surrounds himself with him, such as Bill/William Ayers. :|

Of course there's no way that a mass of followers have ever been brainwashed or misled by their so-called "leader." :|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Right, because Obama was elected president, everyone who voted for him did all the research in the world and really paid attention to everything he had to say, not to mention paying close enough attention to the people he surrounds himself with him, such as Bill/William Ayers. :|

I can't speak for everyone but I sure did.

Of course there's no way that a mass of followers have ever been brainwashed or misled by their so-called "leader." :|

Of course not! Especially in the last eight years...that sure hasn't happened. :|

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

look at the education levels of the blue states -- all are in the upper 20% or higher for completing college and the populations centers are in the same areas

Interesting statistic. Can you post a link to where you found it?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Rest In Peace,(redneck, greedy ass, backward thinking, fucked up) America,

fixed it

Hello to majority elected forward thinking america,

the world welcomes you!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I probably did more research on Bill Ayers than most of the anti-Obama-"he pals around with terrorists" people did. I just didn't see it as a connection to have much concern about.