KrisFlyZ

Colin Powell endorses Obama

i see your point normiss...

mea culpa.

However, unless it can be shown that the higher Ups in the admin.. I E Bush and Cheney ,,did not
press the CIA and others in the intell. community to "come up with" all the gibberish about WMD's and Enriched uranium procurement attempts....
then Yes , i CAN give Powell a pass, and Not offer the same courtesy to the pres and v Pres...

hell weren't the UN inspectors/monitors , and others , actively Looking for such evidence and consistantly reporting "no joy"???

i thought that was the case....:|
and so , just WHERE did that bogus intelligence originate?? just because we citizens AND most politicians were gullible enough to accept that it was the CIA, does not exempt the possibility that someone or many someones there,,,, simply deferred to the "pressure from the Oval office".. to provide such grounds, for an attack... Possible????? Maybe...

p.s. as i have posted in other threads.. I have NO active affiliation with either candidate..
there is No good choice,, only the lesser of two evils....

i believe i have indicated my firm intention is to Abstain.. from casting my vote,,, for either of them....:| come November.

peace

j t

So does Farrakhan

Wow. Cavalierly dismissing a career officer, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State by comparing him to a racist hate-monger like Farakkhan. So much for judging the man on his merits, right?

Once again, class: what's wrong with this year's campaign?

Gee let me think for a minute, who gave him those jobs and promotions?;)

Is Colin Powell regretting the things that he has benefitted from?

Will you marry me? That way I could listen to you use relevant facts all evening :)
Wendy W.

Have you noticed that Marg's posts are almost never replied to or debated with? She's like the lone voice of reason in a storm of BS...

Have you ever noticed Kallend does not argue with anything she says?

He may disagree, but he knows enough to keep his mouth shut when faced with superior intellect.

So does Farrakhan

Wow. Cavalierly dismissing a career officer, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State by comparing him to a racist hate-monger like Farakkhan. So much for judging the man on his merits, right?

...and that makes comparing him to Farakkhan valid ..... how?

Will you marry me? That way I could listen to you use relevant facts all evening :)
Wendy W.

Have you noticed that Marg's posts are almost never replied to or debated with? She's like the lone voice of reason in a storm of BS...

Have you ever noticed Kallend does not argue with anything she says?

He may disagree, but he knows enough to keep his mouth shut when faced with superior intellect.

Oh, was it YOUR corn flakes I pissed in this morning?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The very fact that $39 M has been invested in Obama just to keep the Republican party out of the White House by overseas donors says alot about how little the rest of the world wants to work with a McCain Presidency. That alone is a good reason to vote Democrat. The US needs the good will of the rest of the world not to mention their buying power.

The FACT of the matter is that overseas donations are ILLEGAL. McCain has a listing of all his donors available, Obama does not. McCain has returned questionable donations, Obama has not.

For the rest of the post - I give nary a DAMN what the rest of the world's opinon is - the rest of the world doesn't elect the President - we (the American people) do, and the President's first priority is to the USA and not some world-wide popularity contest.

Bottom line is you're only one country, and one with a precarious economic position at that. Also one which produces not much and is dependent on the rest of the world using your services supplying your goods and using your ever deflating currency. Without the rest of the world the US is screwed. Therefore whats best for the USA is to have the good will of the rest of the world. So like it or not what we think of your President has a direct effect on how well your country will do.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It amazes me that you people continue to reference McCain in the defense of Obama.
When did I say McCain was stable?
This is the problem with you Obama lovers. You know he's a loser so the only way you can defend him is by comparing him to a bigger loser.

If you think that McCain is the worse candidate then why do you spend all your time attacking Obama?

(Will you be voting for an Independant, or just not voting?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>The FACT of the matter is that overseas donations are ILLEGAL.

From the Russian newswire:

================
Russia's permanent mission to the UN has received a letter from U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain asking for financial support of his election campaign, the mission said in a statement on Monday.

"We have received a letter from Senator John McCain with a request for a financial donation to his presidential election campaign. In this respect we have to reiterate that neither Russia's permanent mission to the UN nor the Russian government or its officials finance political activities in foreign countries," the statement said.
=================

Maybe its a stress thing, in times of stress turn to the Motherland.... :D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What about the old man in Hawaii? His name escapes me at the moment but Obama had all references of this man deleted from the audio version of his book. The admitted communist that Obama went to for advice when he was young. You can say that was a long time ago but those are the years where people are shaped.

I talked to a lot of communists at Berkeley. Didn't make me a communist, nor does them being so make their advice worthless. We're not in the 50s.

Or in a jail in Hanoi being brainwashed.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Bottom line is you're only one country, and one with a precarious economic position at that. Also one which produces not much and is dependent on the rest of the world using your services supplying your goods and using your ever deflating currency. Without the rest of the world the US is screwed. Therefore whats best for the USA is to have the good will of the rest of the world. So like it or not what we think of your President has a direct effect on how well your country will do.

One country with ~40% of the world's capitalization. This year shows that the rest of the world is still far more dependent on the US then they'd like to be, even the EU.

(Continuing as if this thread mentioned Colin Powell...)

I like CP. It is too bad that he has stated his disinterest in running for Pres. He has depth of experience in many areas.
Many roles.

Obama rose in the world of the Chicago political machine by running social programs.

Too bad CP isn't running.

as if?
ummm...it's the topic of the thread.
unless I'm reading his name wrong anyway.
:S:D

I think he was used and burnt by the current administration. This is his payback.
I'm not too sure he'd make as good an advisor as they claim him to be if he had much to do with the bad intel though. Oh wait...that was all Bush.

as if?

I think he was used and burnt by the current administration. This is his payback.
I'm not too sure he'd make as good an advisor as they claim him to be if he had much to do with the bad intel though. Oh wait...that was all Bush.

I don't know. CP has twice shown that he can take one for the team.

as if?

I was just making a subtle comment about thread drift.
:D At some point, it had gotten to Russian money laundering. :S

Anyway, I have always enjoyed reading his comments.
He seems to walk the same walk that he talks.

He once said that he wouldn't run for President because he wouldn't want to put his family through that.
I suspect that all the politics of being a general are probably just as rough.

So does Farrakhan

Hmm... maybe because they're both endorsing Obama?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

How well off do you think the REST of world would be without the 27% of the GLOBAL GDP that the USA generates?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

How well off do you think the REST of world would be without the 27% of the GLOBAL GDP that the USA generates?

Truly remarkable, really, that the US has had to borrow so much from China, Japan and the UK (to name but three).

So does Farrakhan

That's what I thought you had to offer in defense of that tactic: Nothing.

So does Farrakhan

That's what I thought you had to offer in defense of that tactic: Nothing.

Here's a hint - quit looking for code words that aren't there.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706