Heatmiser

Is Obama a citizen?

What is a long form?

What is a short form?

one is an actual certification of all the information of birth like date time place country ect. the other only list date and time and hospital registered to. you can be registered at a hospital when coming back into the US. If Obama was actually born in the US his origonal would show this but if he was born outside the US hi origonal would show that also.

Hmm. Funny. Even his mom is from the US?

What citizenship has a baby born in a plane over Africa, mom is US citizen? Do you have double citizenship?

I used to think you guys are registered under your social insurance number, so tracks could easely be followed up.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

He is just as much a citizen as John McCain, who was also born outside of the US but of US parents.
-----------------------------------
"There are two kinds of skydivers in this world, the kind that skydive to enrich their lives and the kind that skydive to define their lives. Don't be the latter."

Why not produce a birth certificate to quash all the "smear".

I've yet to see a single shred of evidence suggesting he was born anywhere other than Hawaii. On what grounds do you and others suggest he was born in Kenya? I suspect it's for no reaon other than wishful thinking.

I also think that if he caves to this sort of baseless attack, the next one will include demands that he prove he was never convicted of any crime at any time in any place...again without any foundation. If someone wants to accuse him of something, they should bring something a bit stronger than "I say you are a convicted felon, and it's your responsibility to prove otherwise."

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

i was just reading what it says to be a citizen of the us and what the lawsuite against Obama says. if the lawsuite is correct Obama is not a natural born citizen and therefore not eligable for the office of president. i did not start this, file the lawsuite, just commenting on what i am reading. (PS the lawsuite was filed by a democrat not a republican)

He is just as much a citizen as John McCain, who was also born outside of the US but of US parents.

the question here is that Obama had only one parent as a citizen not 2 like McCain

So, he should have 2 citizenships - the American and another one from his dad - Kenya. Interesting mixture, makes best folks. B|

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

the question here is that Obama had only one parent as a citizen not 2 like McCain

So, he should have 2 citizenships - the American and another one from his dad - Kenya. Intersting mixture, makes best folks. B|

no he may or may not have us citizenship depending on the circumstances. the US has regulations concerning 1 citizen parent and doesn't just give the citizenship unless the regulations are met

this ranks as one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen on DZ.com

You might as well start a thread "McCain chosen by divine intervention....", it is just a believable.

Obama has spent his entire life as a US citizen. No one of any authority has ever questioned that. Some idiot(s) in Penn. filing a lawsuit does not mean that it has any basis. As we know in skydiving, ANY idiot can file ANY lawsuit, regardless of its merit.....thank God for the good ol' USA.

I am sure the folks who decide who gets to 'officially' run for President have already done their homework......

You might as well start a thread "McCain chosen by divine intervention....", it is just a believable.

Uh.. TK.... Dear...

That was President Bush.. he already told us that his election was divine intervention.[:/]

We shall not have more than one divine event in 10 years.. it goes against all that is holy.

I've not seen any reason to believe Obama was born outside of the US.

Blues,
Dave

But he's kinda black, and has a wierd middle name. He should prove it.
Remster

If Obama's mother is a citizen of the US, naturalized or otherwise, then it doesn't matter where he was born. The child of a US citizen is automatically a citizen as soon as the birth is registered at a US Consul/embassy (if born abroad).

Trust me, i know of what i speak. My mother was born in canada of American parents who were there for several years working at a university. She has always been and always will be a US citizen. Of course, i had to research all this because apparently many people don't understand this fact, including the people who investigate security clearances. Every clearance i applied for was held up because they thought she was canadian... :S

but both of your parents are citizens, not one and you weren't born in the country of the parent that wasn't a citizen. makes a difference.

My daughter was born in China of a Russian mother and American father. She is a US citizen (certificate and passport and all...) as much as a person born in Oklahoma of American father and mother. You only need one parent to be a US citizen (with some quotas as to where this parent has lived for how long, etc...) to become a US citizen when born in a foreign country.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

So, let me throw this into the mix.
Is John McCain considered to be a citizen and eligible to be President based on his place of birth and when? >:(

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

So, let me throw this into the mix.
Is John McCain considered to be a citizen and eligible to be President based on his place of birth and when? >:(

Astute observation B| ... or knowledge of the candidate.

VR/Marg, who didn't know that...

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

umm, why not focus on real issues? besides SEN McCain should be heading up this breach of law and American trust. I mean how dare Obama get away with not producing a long form! I think I can guess who you are voting for. Pls ask him to show leadership and accuse Obama of treachery at the next debate.

Once again, why not just produce a birth certificate and clear up this matter?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I've yet to see a single shred of evidence suggesting he was born anywhere other than Hawaii. On what grounds do you and others suggest he was born in Kenya? I suspect it's for no reaon other than wishful thinking.

I also think that if he caves to this sort of baseless attack, the next one will include demands that he prove he was never convicted of any crime at any time in any place...again without any foundation. If someone wants to accuse him of something, they should bring something a bit stronger than "I say you are a convicted felon, and it's your responsibility to prove otherwise."

Blues,
Dave

Rickjump, read the above post about why he doesn't have to simply produce a long form. (he already produced a short form) which is why my Army career is in peril. Army Hq just called me. Two huge SGTs are at my front door with a man in black, they said they want to talk to me about my short form and they suggest me to go with them to klear things up. Should I go or jump out the bathroom window and evade on foot? HELP I need a long form!!!!

Asking questions about our leaders is our responsibility, no matter how absurd.

Bravo, I agree 100%. There's nothing wrong with asking questions, no matter how absurd, and I applaud you for it (honestly).

So along those lines, I have a question: Is Dick Cheney a shape-shifting reptilian?

Bush for that matter??!!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Blues,
Dave

Rickjump, read the above post about why he doesn't have to simply produce a long form. (he already produced a short form) which is why my Army career is in peril. Army Hq just called me. Two huge SGTs are at my front door with a man in black, they said they want to talk to me about my short form and they suggest me to go with them to klear things up. Should I go or jump out the bathroom window and evade on foot? HELP I need a long form!!!!
Sounds like you could evade on foot so my advice would be pointless unless you have a higher window or the right mos.:)
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

hey i didn't start this. i've known about this website about Obama for months and didn't bring it up. i figured if it was really valid someone would see it through. i'm just talking to what the website says and what is needed to be a citizen of the US.
man you lefties are touchy

Because we all know that if it's on the internet it must be true..

This would be contemptible if it wasn't so pitiful. Desperation in action: keep throwing the shit, see if any of it sticks.

That's funny, since the democrats many months ago already pulled this same question on McCain, for being born in the Panama Canal Zone.

So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If it's pitiful against Obama now, then you have to concede that it was also pitiful against McCain earlier.

Or you can just write both of them off as normal questions that need to be asked to determine if they qualify under the Constitution to be President.

Which is it?

>why not just produce a birth certificate and clear up this matter?

He did, and it was distributed on the net. But maybe it's a fake! Maybe he was born in Iran (or worse yet) FRANCE! Heck, even McCain cannot produce a birth certificate that shows he is a natural born US citizen! Obviously neither of them is qualified to be president, and the truth will come out shortly after they are sworn in.

Thus, the presidency will fall to Pelosi. Problem solved.

and when?

First we have the issue of "Citizen" vs. "Natural Born Citizen" in which he has been declared a citizen. Senator McCain was born in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone and the fact that his parents were American citizens - was thought to be enough to satisfy the constitutional requirement that the President be a "Natural Born Citizen" with one exception... The law conferring "Natural Born Citizenship" to children of American citizens serving in the Panama Canal Zone was not passed until 1937 - thereby, making his status as "Natural Born Citizen" one year too late.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.