AMax

Palin vs Biden debate aftermath

The hockey mom routine is a little annoying.

That is the choice. She presents herself as she truthfully is.
Or, she could present the plastic soul-less politician image.
Is the honesty is going to trouble people ?

During the Clinton campaign, Hillary made some foul remarks about Tammy Wynette and women who stay home and bake cookies. Ok, she's an elitist politician attorney.
Her choice, but she sneers at other women.

However, later she backpedaled on that after an immediate public backlash (a skill that served her well in her recent campaign).

The best part was her showing up in (gasp, not the blue robot suit) a nice print go-to-meetin' dress and sharing "her own" (insert eye-rolling icon) cookie recipe. Wow! Now she's a cookie baker.

So, Hillary wasn't... was... wasn't... a cookie baking mom.
Flip... flop... flip... flop. Nobody cared.

American individuality and honesty are to be sacrificed for politics? That doesn't seem like a goal.

She presents herself as she truthfully is.

You don't know that! You have no WAY of knowing that!

I've personally worked for more people with "smiling faces" than is, I would hope, possibly imaginable and every single one of them was a complete and total phoney. Can you dig it?

Does that mean SHE is? Well, no. But it certainly does lead me to believe it's a high probability especially when she gives that idiotic, condescending wink of hers when she says something that's just oh so darling. I've seen it WAY too many times.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

She presents herself as she truthfully is.

You don't know that! You have no WAY of knowing that!

I've personally worked for more people with "smiling faces" than is, I would hope, possibly imaginable and every single one of them was a complete and total phoney. Can you dig it?

I'll give you that point if you'll agree that we already know the DC lawyer types like McCain, Barry, and Joe.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

my first impression is that great coaching only worked well for first 60 minutes ... ;)

Biden - how easily he distorts, lies, and fabricates, how easily he is believed. That can't be good for America.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10042008/postopinion/editorials/the_lies_biden_told_132104.htm

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/totten/35261

http://townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/10/03/biden_tells_14_lies_during_vp_debate

http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/c332e71c-4efc-4a2a-a5b1-b295cb20c7ea

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

If GW Bush is the "intellectual elite", we are in big trouble.:S

That's the same GW Bush that had a HIGHER GPA than the OTHER candidate, right?

What was that about 'intellectual elite', again?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

They both had normal GPA's yet you trumpet them as the best we have????

It amazes me how much the "normal and the ordinary" is celebrated by so many...the Joe Six Pack...the good ole boy rolling up his sleeves to clear some brush:S:S.

It is all just symptomatic of mediocrity rather than striving for the extraordinary.

It amazes me how much the "normal and the ordinary" is celebrated by so many...the Joe Six Pack...the good ole boy rolling up his sleeves to clear some brush:S:S.

It is all just symptomatic of mediocrity rather than striving for the extraordinary.

Um - no.

That was brought up by the person I was replying to.

As to the 'celebrating Joe Sixpack' - maybe people are tired of being treated like / referred to as idiots for not agreeing with the liberal cause du jour?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

On a fair note Amazon, best we have? Not even close on either side.

But tell me, why would anybody want to submit themselves to the horse shit that is a political run?

Nobody I know[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

On a fair note Amazon, best we have? Not even close on either side.

But tell me, why would anybody want to submit themselves to the horse shit that is a political run?

Nobody I know

OMG.... we finally agree on something:ph34r:

I certainly would not do it... too many skeletons in the closet.. but I have had fun with this life:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I apologize... the interview shown was 10 minutes longert than I stated. Really??? Sure wrods mean something but they can also be used in several different ways. Just for the record I never said McCains past doesn't have some bad spots. i just think Obama's is way worse. It is always a lesser of two evils and I believe that is McCain. Once again let me state that I am not happy with either candidate!!! We are in a world of hurt and this country is going down in flames in my opinion.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

> Once again let me state that I am not happy with either candidate!

That's where I differ with 99% of the people out there. Both are good candidates. Both have demonstrated they would make good presidents. For once we have a choice not between two political hacks but between two good men - and I find it sad that all people can do is try to denigrate both of them.

For once we have a choice not between two political hacks but between two good men - and I find it sad that all people can do is try to denigrate both of them.

I agree, though I am disappointed in McCain's VP selection, and the fact that he now seems to be running mostly on attacking Obama. But I'm think that whoever wins in this election, we'll probably have a better President than we have right now, so that's a good thing.

That's where I differ with 99% of the people out there. Both are good candidates. Both have demonstrated they would make good presidents. For once we have a choice not between two political hacks but between two good men - and I find it sad that all people can do is try to denigrate both of them.

You kidding or trolling?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

You kidding or trolling?

I mostly agree with Bill on that. 3 out of the 4 current candidates would make fine Presidents. The 4th one is an embarassment.

You kidding or trolling?

I mostly agree with Bill on that. 3 out of the 4 current candidates would make fine Presidents. The 4th one is an embarassment.

And here I thought that you LIKED Biden, Andy.... :P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You kidding or trolling?

I think we deserve more, but I have been disappointed since Carter forward with one exception (not Bush).
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Bill...... I don't think McCain is a bad guy.... truth be told I think he would do a great job, he would definitly be better than Bush! As for Obama....... there is just too much up in the air about him and too much that he has to prove before I would ever vote for him. It does not help that economy is my main reason for voting the way I do and I disagree with his take on it 100%.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

> I don't think McCain is a bad guy . .. .

I don't think so either. And had the choice been a Clinton/Biden ticket or a McCain/Powell ticket, I would definitely have voted for McCain.

> As for Obama....... there is just too much up in the air about him . . .

I think most of that has been covered in the books he wrote. That's the primary reason I am voting for him - the impression I got of how he thinks from reading his books (mainly the last two.)

>It does not help that economy is my main reason for voting the way I do
>and I disagree with his take on it 100%.

If you mean this latest bailout, I agree. Both candidates voted for a plan that I think stinks.

Per your suggestion I will read one or both of those books. I believe there is a lot of merit to getting into a persons head and figuring out how they think.

As for his views on the economy.... it is not just the bailout. That is what made me so mad at McCain and proud of the Repubs & Dems that voted against it! Overall, I do not like his view and spending habits. I can not stand what Bush has done and to me he is not a true Republican. My fear is that the fiscal conservative is gone.....