AMax

Palin vs Biden debate aftermath

palin did not answer one thing she just talked and talked omg she didn't shut up

Agreed. Really, while I didn't like all of Biden's answers, at least he actually tried to answer the question. Palin might as well have been in a cheerleader outfit chanting the same phrase over and over again.

And while I'm on Palin - both my wife and I are appaled by her baby being there. I mean, really, the child should be at home, with a babysitter, sleeping.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The soundbites and "folk talk" that palin uses gets old.
Stop trying to play cute, answer the question, after all you are on the straight talk express right?
What I saw after the debate was over was to me the most damaging. She wants to talk about family and how down to earth she is, but at the end of the event the family rushed up and i believe that her infant child was there being held not by her but once agin by one of her children.. go on all you want about it's not her kid, but if she says it is then she ought to be taking care of it to show that support of family values!

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Yea - he answered....blah blah Bush blah blah blah Bush blah blah Bush
All I heard were attacks.

I don't agree 100% with that, but he at least answered the questions - whether you liked the response or not. She didn't do the same, at all. It was quite obvious she was just repeating the same stuff over and over, whether it was relevant to the question or not.

I think she was talking to the homes watching the debate and he was talking like a Senator from DC.

Our perspective (my wife who's from a military republican family and was a republican herself until recently btw) saw Biden as professional, and Palin as...well...a lot like Bush in trying to play the 'I'm the same as y'all card' but just coming off as too much of a soccer mom in the process.

Ian

And while I'm on Palin - both my wife and I are appaled by her baby being there. I mean, really, the child should be at home, with a babysitter, sleeping.

As a father of four and a grandfather of five I have to disagree. First of all they are from Alaska and as such are on a time zone that is three hours behind so it was only 6:30pm by what they are used to. Second, he was with both mom and dad in a normal setting which is better than being with a "babysitter" especially at that age.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

As a father of four and a grandfather of five I have to disagree. First of all they are from Alaska and as such are on a time zone that is three hours behind so it was only 6:30pm by what they are used to. Second, he was with both mom and dad in a normal setting which is better than being with a "babysitter" especially at that age.

Sorry but we, respectfully, disagree. That is NOT a 'normal' setting, nor has it been for the child for a few weeks. We hold the opinion that Palin has showcased her downsyndrome baby for a while now to further her politcal agenda as a 'working mom'. It's shameless, and unnecessary, for her to do so at this point. She most certainly has the means to make sure the child is well taken care of when it should be at home, sleeping - not in a debate studio, in the daughters arms, sleeping.

Ian

I think they both did better than what people expected. Clearly Biden was more polished and seasoned as someone with 35 years in the senate should be. I think Biden won the debate overall but they both won in what they set out to do. Right or wrong I think McCain/Palin gained more from this debate because of the lower expectations of Palin. In the end I think the result of this debate is that it will keep the race competitive and not a run away.

That's a reasonable analysis.

Palin's sound-bytes and not answering questions pissed my wife off to the max - she kept shouting at the TV, I had to tell her to shaddap already.

You're right - success for Palin was that she didn't disintegrate on camera. (Although if that's the standard for the President-in-waiting...brrrr.)

Hey, I'm just glad Biden didn't mutter, "Hey, nice tits" under his breath.`

I'll concede that Palin has better hair - and it all comes from their original follicles.

Sorry but we, respectfully, disagree. That is NOT a 'normal' setting, nor has it been for the child for a few weeks. We hold the opinion that Palin has showcased her downsyndrome baby for a while now to further her politcal agenda as a 'working mom'. It's shameless, and unnecessary, for her to do so at this point. She most certainly has the means to make sure the child is well taken care of when it should be at home, sleeping - not in a debate studio, in the daughters arms, sleeping.

So you are saying that no baby should be out past 6:30pm? You are saying that any parent that has ever left the house and traveled with a baby is a bad parent? By “normal” my intent was that it was an acceptable place to have a child vs say at WWF for the Saturday night rumble. Also, I don’t think she is showcasing her son. If you had watched all of the interviews you will see that she tries to keep the family together all the time. She even has a swing in her office so that when Todd brings the kids to the capital she has a place for him while they spend time together.

Ian

How so? Because the baby has been seen with the family? I saw it at the RNC and tonight. That's it. Or is it because she mentioned on seperate occassions that she has a place in her heart for parents of special needs kids? I don't see anything wrong with that. Nor have I seen the baby paraded around or put in campaign ads.

Make whatever poor parenting claims you want, but I whole heartedly disagree that she has 'shamelessly showcased her down syndrome baby.'

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

I whole heartedly disagree that she has 'shamelessly showcased her down syndrome baby.'

Fine, well then she has shamelessly showcased her pregnaht child having a child. Ah, but didn't she have a lovely glow? Anyhow, I hear that when those 2 happless kids get married, Cheney will be holding the shotgun.

One word - Idiocracy. This is what we have come to as a nation - we are deliberating if an undereducated, intellectualy lazy moron such as Sister Sarah is should be the Vice President.
*A woman who speaks in toungs and has a witch doctor as spiritual leader.
*A woman who could not point to Venezuela on the map if you gave her half of that country's oil proceeds
*A woman who thinks that the supreme court is not needed, "cause ya' can solve all these problems locally"

We have trully fallen low.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

palin scares me. a lot. but i can admit that she did MUCH better than i thought she would. i hated that she so OBVIOUSLY evaded questions...especially in the beginning. i also found it odd that she went on about equal rights for everyone in her 'america's the best' closing remarks, when she said herself that everyone is not equal...at least when they want to be married.

i would have liked to see her respond to biden's constant mention of mccain's voting record. i think it made her look worse by not addressing it at all, but then, what could she really say?

the cutesy down home slang, especially "joe six pack", made me wanna barf but i have a feeling plenty of people found it to be endearing.

hmm...i guess i'm done now
:D

Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

I whole heartedly disagree that she has 'shamelessly showcased her down syndrome baby.'

Fine, well then she has shamelessly showcased her pregnaht child having a child. Ah, but didn't she have a lovely glow? Anyhow, I hear that when those 2 happless kids get married, Cheney will be holding the shotgun.

Britol was showcased by the media and dems trying to embarrass her family, not by her mother. The shotgun part is funny though

Energy
Alaska
Maverick
Governor
Energy
Maverick
Golly Gee
Maverick
Alaska
That needle was really skipping across that broken record.
Just answer a question!
And did she really say nucular?
And she wants to expand the VP's role?
I liked the shot at the "mainstream media" also. I guess asking someone what they read is unfair.

One word - Idiocracy. This is what we have come to as a nation - we are deliberating if an undereducated, intellectualy lazy moron such as Sister Sarah is should be the Vice President.
*A woman who speaks in toungs and has a witch doctor as spiritual leader.
*A woman who could not point to Venezuela on the map if you gave her half of that country's oil proceeds
*A woman who thinks that the supreme court is not needed, "cause ya' can solve all these problems locally"

We have trully fallen low.

After reading your three profound points, it's clear that nothing she said would've changed your mind. Why even watch the debate or follow the campaign if you're going to base your vote on claims like that?

i also found it odd that she went on about equal rights for everyone in her 'america's the best' closing remarks, when she said herself that everyone is not equal...at least when they want to be married.

Actually she said everyone should be treated equally and their administration would never tell people they can't visit loved ones in the hospital or choose tha lifestyle. But, she would not support changing the legal definition of marriage. Then Biden agreed. Then Palin agreed with him agreeing.

i would have liked to see her respond to biden's constant mention of mccain's voting record. i think it made her look worse by not addressing it at all, but then, what could she really say?

I also think she could've done better.

the cutesy down home slang, especially "joe six pack", made me wanna barf but i have a feeling plenty of people found it to be endearing.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe that's just how she talks and it's not a cutesy show? I've got friends that sound like they're friggin reatahhded. Fun to laugh at, but they're not faking it to get attention.

The soundbites and "folk talk" that palin uses gets old.
Stop trying to play cute, answer the question, after all you are on the straight talk express right?
What I saw after the debate was over was to me the most damaging. She wants to talk about family and how down to earth she is, but at the end of the event the family rushed up and i believe that her infant child was there being held not by her but once agin by one of her children.. go on all you want about it's not her kid, but if she says it is then she ought to be taking care of it to show that support of family values!

Joe

Right, I want a president to be within a heartbeat that acts like a silly soccer/hockeymom. :S