BillyVance

PETA SUCKS!!

I don't hunt but am not against it. Hunting is necessary. However, I find the pic distasteful and disturbing.

Why do you find it distasteful?

For all you know, all the meat was harvested and put to good use.

The photo might have been from a place where rabbits are overrunning the place, and have become a real nuisance pest, destroying crops and such.

Without knowing the full story surrounding that photo, you shouldn't be jumping to judgment about it.

Without knowing the full story surrounding that photo, you shouldn't be jumping to judgment about it.

Yeah, right. One does not know what amount of vegetables those animals destroyed before they finally were shot. >:(

What a BS reply is that, made by a hunter. I'm a hunter too, as you know. I simply stick to the basic ethics, which means: Respect the dead animal with a last farewell. A pic is OK.

To use the dead animals for such an idiotic picture is pure moronism.

Not my class.

:S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Why do you find it distasteful?

I don't have a problem with hunting either, John. For all I know rabbits were a problem wherever that pic was taken.

I like eating rabbit and I know what puts them on my table.

That said I agree 100% that the picture is juvenile, distasteful, and disrespectful.
Owned by Remi #?

Where should I draw the line, Mark? Is it ok to kill an animal to feed me? Well sure. I condone that every time I eat meat, right?

I'm not a PETA supporter, dude, but I do think it's bullshit to stage asshat pictures like that one that mocks the value of life. Even a rabbit's life.

If those idiots suffer from letting that meat spoil because they had to be seen in these moronic comics I'm not going to shed a tear.

Not likely to happen, of course. YMMV but I'm hoping karma catches up with featured asshats.
Owned by Remi #?

...I agree 100% that the picture is juvenile, distasteful, and disrespectful.

Check out this propaganda piece from PETA. It's a comic book for kids, titled "Mommy Kills Animals!". An image of the cover is attached, which shows a crazed mom wielding a large knife, stabbing a terrified rabbit, with blood flying everywhere.

This is not a gag.

Confirm it for yourself at their website: http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp
The large format pdf version: http://www.furisdead.com/pdfs/mommykills.pdf

What do you think of this? Would you want your children to read this "comic" book? Do you consider this to be "juvenile, distasteful, and disrespectful?"

It seems to me that if PETA is going to publish propaganda like this for children, then they well deserve a few jabs back at them, and have no room to complain.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...and I have no problem eating what someone else shoots.

I shot a skunk the other day.....

So go eat it, Bon Apetit.;)

Kill it, and you better eat it.

Oh, cool, warped, ur back. Now go answer that thread where you shed your brilliance upon us and stated that Obama has been a US Senator for 2 years and that's it; no mention of him being one for 4 years this January or him being an Ill. Senator since 97 before that.

...I agree 100% that the picture is juvenile, distasteful, and disrespectful.

Check out this propaganda piece from PETA. It's a comic book for kids, titled "Mommy Kills Animals!". An image of the cover is attached, which shows a crazed mom wielding a large knife, stabbing a terrified rabbit, with blood flying everywhere.

This is not a gag.

Confirm it for yourself at their website: http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp
The large format pdf version: http://www.furisdead.com/pdfs/mommykills.pdf

What do you think of this? Would you want your children to read this "comic" book? Do you consider this to be "juvenile, distasteful, and disrespectful?"

It seems to me that if PETA is going to publish propaganda like this for children, then they well deserve a few jabs back at them, and have no room to complain.

Just to be clear, it's not a comic book, it's a leaflet. And it is meant to be distributed by activists *only* to kids (old enough to go to the theater) of women wearing fur.

Not condoning, just sayin'.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Oh, cool, warped, ur back. Now go answer that thread where you shed your brilliance upon us and stated that Obama has been a US Senator for 2 years and that's it; no mention of him being one for 4 years this January or him being an Ill. Senator since 97 before that.

So... Obama being a senator has relevance to eating what you kill.

Got it.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

So... Obama being a senator has relevance to eating what you kill.

Got it.

Just sawyou run out for a couple days after making those laughable assertions....just wanted to give you a chance to clear them up. You going back to the thread...or....not.

That was my first post in the thread. You're out to lunch again.

PITA took a good concept and turned it to shit.

Shoot whatever is in season. Eat what you kill. Simple enough, really.

I agree, beating and abusing animals slated for meat harvesting is cool and PETA should shut the fuck up.

- PETA = trying to eliminate animal abuses

- there are several vids of abusive behavior

- PETA is doing good work

......feeling guilty for eating beaten animals? There's a fix for that - stop eating them.

I don't care if my kid sees that leaflet. She's old enough to make her own decisions and judge it as she pleases. I find it distasteful myself.

Are they complaining? I haven't seen any discussion that quotes them as complaining.

And all the above has nothing to do with the original picture being moronic and pointless.
Owned by Remi #?

I agree with you both. :)

Right now I feel dreadful. I keep repeating in my brain the image of what happened and I said nothing: This late 50-something man with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth pulled a turtle out of the dunes/marsh and threw it about 15 feet. Just fucking tossed it in the air and it landed on its back. These two small single-digit children watched on. The man actually chuckled. He was laughing! What the fuck is so funny about tossing a turtle? Even if you're a for-"fun" hunter and think "PETA sucks", what is so hilarious about that?

We were driving and we slowed. I asked Bill to stop. We watched. They flipped the turtle over and it tried to scurry back into the dunes. The little boy started kicking it--not hard, but...

The boy stopped and the turtle continued to try and scurry into the dunes. The old man put his foot on top of the turtle's shell and just "held" it there so the kids could look further. Then he let it go and they watched as it went back into the dunes.

I didn't get out of the car. I didn't even roll down by window and say something. I've seen photos & video footage far worse than linked to in this thread, but I've never (thankfully?) witnessed such things in-person.

I take this event (just happened yesterday) as a lesson learned. Next time, I will not hesitate. I try not to push my opinions onto others, but this I can not bear again. I keep re-seeing that man tossing this turtle into the air and laughing. Bill saw it, too. I feel sick to my stomach I didn't immediately hop out of the car and show my disgust. Those children needed to see someone like me; even if their grampy made fun of me later. To see the little boy then start kicking the turtle...[:/]

That's bad.

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.