sfc

crappy palin speak

The only problem I have with her is that she is on the same ticket as McSame... Repubs have had the last 8 years to fuck up this country. I vote to let another party have a shot at it. I do like Palin, but am so sick of the Repubs eletist, self centered bull shi%$# !

Sorry, but look at our economical position and our world standing and tell me you can justify another 4-8 years of this crap.

if you think that mccain is the same as bush, then you've bought into the bullshit. mccain is about as different from bush as you can get and still have as "r" next to your name.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Alot of talk about patriotism...we know how that makes you liberals squirm.

When I get citizenship I'll be proud to be an American, but I'm still a liberal (by your definition of not supporting a republican). How does that fit into your bullshit statement.
Oh it doesn't does it, your just spinning another nasty attack from the right, make you feel proud and patriotic to slam half of your countrymen for thinking freely like the founders intended?

> mccain is about as different from bush as you can get and still have
>as "r" next to your name.

Exactly! He agrees with Bush only 95% of the time, instead of 100%.

The 5% will be spun well, at the end of it the "R"s wll believe that Bush is from a different party.

She absolutely kicked ass.........

Indeed. If she speaks half as well in debates as she did in this
teleprompter speech, her opponents will be in trouble. My bet is that they're
very concerned right now.

Agreed. I get the feeling Biden's gonna get his balls busted.

Gotta throw in the obligatory sexist statement: There's a tiger in that tail;)

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

If McCain votes with conservatives 95% of the time, I think its fantastic. But, this thread is about VP nominee Sarah Palin. I feel certain she will be a conservative leader and vote that way 100 % of the time. So yes, I'm happy. And Biden's gonna get his ass handed to him on a silver platter during the debates.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

>If McCain votes with conservatives 95% of the time, I think its fantastic.

Great. I was answering the comment "mccain is about as different from bush as you can get" which, by his voting record, is false.

>I feel certain she will be a conservative leader and vote that way
>100 % of the time.

She will agree with Bush 100% of the time? Add that to McCain's 95% of the time and you have a third Bush term. Which you may indeed welcome - but based on Bush's approval rating, most will not.

> And Biden's gonna get his ass handed to him on a silver
> platter during the debates.

Oh, I doubt that. It will be interesting to see her squirm once someone asks her if she still supports secessionism and book banning.

She absolutely kicked ass.........

Indeed. If she speaks half as well in debates as she did in this
teleprompter speech, her opponents will be in trouble. My bet is that they're
very concerned right now.

She is the first person on the national stage in a LONG time who can get away with sarcasm without being smarmy.

Oh, she was sarcastic. And a "pit bull" with lipstick. But lesson learned to so many out there - it is okay to be cheerful. She was cheerful in her speech. Her smile was real.

She smiled. There was a sense of sweetness. She is unlike Hillary Clinton - she doesn't talk down to you from a position of superiority. She can crack jokes in a deadpan and sweet manner. She could have said, "That's change you can Xerox" and get laughter. Hillary can't do it. Ann Richards couldn't do it.

She could backhand Obama - being a small-town mayor is "like being a community organizer - only you have actual responsibilities." OUCH! Now, I would love to have seen Obama watching the speech. If Obama laughed at those comments, well, he'd probably get my vote.

Now, I disagree with some of her policy statements. Terrorists also deserve Constitutional rights. I don't dig that.

But she added some common sense. I don't think we should be drilling for oil in Alaska. She said the she knows it won't solve all the problems, but that shouldn't mean just leave it. Policy wise I disagree. From a speech standpoint - she's on.

But most importantly - this was her FIRST national audience. Her FIRST time giving a speech like this. And dammit, she delivered. Firm voice. Sweetness. Cheer. But serious. She went yard in her first at bat in the show. Who the hell else could have done that? And she hasn't had weeks, months or years of training.

Which leads me to believe that who we saw is who she is. She is not only real, she is FOR real. And I'll tell you, Biden is saying to himself, "Ohhhhhhhhhh SHIT!!!"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

No, I don't follow the typical media bias that Bush is someone to be avoided. I think he's a good man and a great leader. According to all the "polls" I must be in the minority. I'm ok with that. But, like I said, this is a thread about Palin, and the Bush bashers have plenty of threads and plenty of bullshit to post. In January Pres Bush will be gone, and there will be someone else to bash. I'd rather look to the future, and I hope she leads as conservatively as she presented herself tonight. Like Lawrocket said, she has a special combination of toughness and sweetness and humor that I have never seen in American politics. I think she's great. It's gonna be a fun couple of months!
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Obama's speech was about what he would do and why you should vote for him.
Palin's was more about why you shouldn't vote for the other side.

Apples to oranges. Is this not the typical role for the VP nominee? Biden's speech was about his good buddy Johnny and why you shouldn't vote for him. You can probably be pretty sure that tomorrow night, McCain's speech will be much more similar to Obama's. Let's compare then.

What he said. The typical role of the VP is attack dog. Palin even referred to herself as a "bulldog with lipstick". I suppose that's what some of my disappointment was . . . between her and Biden, it's just the two parties exploiting the Cheney model and continuing business as usual.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

bill:

I see your points. But there is a lot of grey in there.

It seems that plenty of people on the left support banning the bible in a number of places, eh? "Post the Ten Commandments in a courthouse? WOW! No way!! It must GO!"

Because banning books is a time, place and manner restriction. Should the Anarchist's Cookbook be in a school library? (I was just cleaning out my attic and found my copy.) What about "Two Girls One Cup" on the school server? Does she support banning the sale or possession of these volumes by and to private citizens? THAT, sir, is the difference. In which case both the left and the right have some work to do.

As an atheist, I STILL believe that the bible should not be banned in schools. (It's like not talking about drugs or sex - they'll find it and without guidance may turn into something quite scary).

And regarding secession? Well, I count myself as someone who believes in the right of states to secede. Think about it - we in the United States live in a country that, um, SECEDED from England.

Does this sound familiar?

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Now, this was our country's founding document. (It is no longer operational but it is the founding document).

Tell me - is there something in the quote with which you disagree?

Alot of talk about patriotism...we know how that makes you liberals squirm.

When I get citizenship I'll be proud to be an American, but I'm still a liberal (by your definition of not supporting a republican). How does that fit into your bullshit statement.
Oh it doesn't does it, your just spinning another nasty attack from the right, make you feel proud and patriotic to slam half of your countrymen for thinking freely like the founders intended?

Liberals are liberals...I didn't say anything about party. Show me how many times Obama calls himself a patriot in his acceptance speech...zero. Sure he mentions patriotism...twice.

Liberals don't like to talk about being patriotic. It's like a bad cocktail party joke.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Obama was a bit over the top, but he did kindof explain how he was going to pay for things, but lacked details.

Careful not to step in too much of Senator Obama's "vote for me and everything will - poof - magically be peachy" promises. Obama is pretty much promised the moon and he has said nothing about how he plans on getting there. Liberals are famous for promising utopia and then doing absolutely nothing.

If you do not like John McCain and Sarah Palin, then by all means you have the democratic right to vote for someone else. But tonight it is looking like John McCain might have actually known what he was doing when he picked Ms Palin to be his running mate. She delivered a strong speech that should appeal to many "non-elitists", "non-partisan" voters. One has to wonder if any of the soccer moms out there like what they heard from that hockey mom?

If McCain does become prez, it will most likely just be a one term presidency and then look who's poised to possibly succeed him. Either way Billary must be pretty pissed off right now. An Obama presidencey means she is shut out of the White House for 8 years and a McCain presidency means she won't be able to whine that there is a gender bias against her. Either way this is good news for those of us who never want to see Billary as prez. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'll go a step further, bro. Palin is Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare right now. IF McCain gets elected and ends up taking a dirt nap, Palin will be the first female president. Everything Hillary has wanted will be shot.

I'm not saying it will happen. But I'd be willing to bet that Hillary Clinton will be doing her best to ensure that McCain gets the best private health care money can buy.

I think her speech was quite good. I'm very pleased with it. I really liked her jab about B.H.Obama's memoirs...lmfao.

This is her first national speech and she rocked it well. She'll make a fine VP.

B|

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!