DFWAJG

I'm thinking of packing a piece.

So, last year, I had a former patient stalking me on here. When I realized who the mystery dz.commer was, I unfortunately had already given out information about where I worked and lived, I began to carry mace. I've since moved, and let my guard down a little. And because of a recent post, I realized, that person is back. Same writing style, same gramatical errors, same threatening law suits and liable and perjury, etc. How far is this person willing to go? Should I give up the mace and pack a piece just in case? It's amazing that I can walk into a level 4 prison to work and never feel threatened, but always have to keep a watchful eye out when I leave the prison for a stalker. Interestingly, I can generally feel this person's presence, so my gut can give me the head's up if the stalker comes near. But, you never know.

WHat do you recommend?

I have no idea... I don't carry anything, unless you count the police baton in my truck. :P

Mnealtx or some of the other knowledgable gun owners can better help you, but you know any further discussion on this topic will likely send this thread to Speakers Corner. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Before you decide to carry a weapon you have to decide if you are capable of USING it. THAT is a huge responsibility to keep in mind.

If you feel you WILL pull that trigger to protect your life if threaqtened then proceed.

If you dont think you can pull a trigger and end another persons life.. no matter how much of a nutcase they are.. then do not get a weapon.[:/]

Go do whatever you need to do to get a concealed permit.

With that said.. learn to use it... go practice frequently so you are proficient at its use.

As far as what to get....that all depends on what you feel is comfortable for your hand and what feels good to shoot...AQND if you can hit anything with it:D

Moving to SC in

Well, having this stalker about has actually prevented me from moving back to NY. If this keeps up, and I find one bad reference made toward me on this site, I will proceed with a complaint and have that person arrested. Internet stalking is a federal crime. Fortunately, California has the toughest stalking laws. I just want to live my life in peace.

Before you decide to carry a weapon you have to decide if you are capable of USING it. THAT is a huge responsibility to keep in mind.

If you feel you WILL pull that trigger to protect your life if threaqtened then proceed.

If you dont think you can pull a trigger and end another persons life.. no matter how much of a nutcase they are.. then do not get a weapon.[:/]

With that said.. learn to use it... go practice frequently so you are proficient at its use.

Moving to SC in

I first shot a gun when I was six years old. I'm pretty comfortable holding a pistol. Haven't shot one in a long time. Should have taken advantage of the shooting range at DAvis more often.

So let me get this straight. Someone on dz.com is now (or returning) stalking you and you're telling publicly that you're thinking of carrying a gun?

Remember the part of that person stalking you here....reading your posts...

I'd get a vest too if I were you. This could get ugly. [:/]

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Well, having this stalker about has actually prevented me from moving back to NY. If this keeps up, and I find one bad reference made toward me on this site, I will proceed with a complaint and have that person arrested. Internet stalking is a federal crime. Fortunately, California has the toughest stalking laws.

I just want to live my life in peace.

Don't we all

If you know who this person is, have you not taken it up with the relevent authorities (including Sangiro)?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you should get the X26c from taser international. www.taser.com

i have one and its very effective and legal to conceal. it has an accessorie that is an attachable camera to show the police when they come.

he won't fuck with you if you pack that.

http://taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/TASERX26C.aspx is the direct link..

i was thinking of packing a piece but its too technical, the x26 simplified my security needs.
if you have any questions ...shoot me :D

Well, having this stalker about has actually prevented me from moving back to NY. If this keeps up, and I find one bad reference made toward me on this site, I will proceed with a complaint and have that person arrested. Internet stalking is a federal crime. Fortunately, California has the toughest stalking laws.

Don't we all

If you know who this person is, have you not taken it up with the relevent authorities (including Sangiro)?

Well Squeak, I'm just as concerned for everyone else on here. As has been shown in the past, this person is very unstable. I just discovered it tonight and contacted Eric regarding it. I really haven't been on this site for a while for various reasons. But I am just as concerned about my dz family as I am about myself. I just hope you all don't get sucked into the whirlwind. :S

Don't we all

Well Squeak, I'm just as concerned for everyone else on here. As has been shown in the past, this person is very unstable. I just discovered it tonight and contacted Eric regarding it. I really haven't been on this site for a while for various reasons. But I am just as concerned about my dz family as I am about myself. I just hope you all don't get sucked into the whirlwind. :S

Wel you said you have had issues with this person previously, that's why i asked if you have alerted the authorities?
Have you kept copies of posts or communitcations that illustrate your concerns?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't we all

Wel you said you have had issues with this person previously, that's why i asked if you have alerted the authorities?
three copies of each page.

three copies of each page.

Send them to HH and ask him to delete the ISP, and also inform your local LEOs and see what they say.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In certain states (definitely california) it is very hard to get a concealed permit, if you are unable, I would suggest a canister of bear mace. 30ft range and large area make it almost as affective as a pistol, especially in panic situations. However, I would caution you considering the fact that your possible offender is reading these words, and say that they might take any possible means to deter your method of defending yourself. Along those lines, I would suggest not mentioning your planned method of defending.......

I first shot a gun when I was six years old. I'm pretty comfortable holding a pistol. Haven't shot one in a long time. Should have taken advantage of the shooting range at DAvis more often.

You seem to have missed her vital piece of advice

If you dont think you can pull a trigger and end another persons life.. no matter how much of a nutcase they are.. then do not get a weapon.

Many believe they have the will to pull the trigger. A large percentage of them are mistaken.

If I point my weapon at someone, it's with the intent of killing them ...not to scare them, get them to back down or leave.

Three in center mass and more if they so much as twitch after that.

If you can't do that, pass on the gun.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

You seem to have missed her vital piece of advice

If you dont think you can pull a trigger and end another persons life.. no matter how much of a nutcase they are.. then do not get a weapon.

Many believe they have the will to pull the trigger. A large percentage of them are mistaken.

If I point my weapon at someone, it's with the intent of killing them ...not to scare them, get them to back down or leave.

Three in center mass and more if they so much as twitch after that.

If you can't do that, pass on the gun.
LOL. Empty 14 .357 hollow points center mass. Reload ASAP. Or backup.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

WHat do you recommend?

All the discussions about caliber and revolver vs. Semi-auto and brands doesn't mean crap. What matters are a couple of things. Is it a large enough caliber to matter, .380 or better? Is the weapon easily concealable for you? Is it a weapon that fits your hand and you will enjoy shooting?

The last one is the most important. If you don't enjoy shooting the gun, then you won't shoot. If you won't shoot and practice and train, then you might as well a damned rock so you don't hurt yourself or someone else.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Be careful about stating what is and is not legal. In many places, it is not legal to conceal a taser or other tool that projects barbs by pressurized gas. Somes states and many cities prohibit concealing them. Some prohibit even possessing them.

Also, consider the fact that a taser gives you one shot, and if it's a miss, the taseris useless until the attacker is within arms reach.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

As far as what to get....that all depends on what you feel is comfortable for your hand and what feels good to shoot...AQND if you can hit anything with it:D

Spot on ...

PS: Also, if you're concerned enough to carry a weapon you should take some self-defense classes because you may not be able to get to your weapon.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

WHat do you recommend?

Glock model 32. 357 Sig.;) 13+ 1. Extra magazine (or 2) if needed.;)http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock32.htm;)

Agree with a glock. Disagree with calibur choice though. I own a glock 22 (.40S&W). It holds 15+1 and is easy to hide in the back with a shirt over it. If you find thats too big try a glock 23. Same calibur smaller gun (only holds 13+1), but the cool thing about glocks is you can always put a higher cap mag in a smaller gun (have a 29 rnd super high cap) as long as the calibur stays the same. Hope this helps.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/glock23.html
Muff #5048