masterblaster72

Condoleeza Rice as Possible VP Candidate

There's a lot of buzz in the media these days regarding the possibility of her joining the McCain ticket.

How in f.ck is it that a complete liar and utter failure like Condi Rice can even be considered for a VP slot? Would the Republican party be playing the race (counter-Obama) card by nominating her as VP?

Or does she have some real credentials (other than a doctorate degree and having been on the board of Chevron) and accomplishments to justify a possible presidency in the event that McCain dies during his term?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Well, I have some input but...

How in f.ck is it that a complete liar and utter failure like Condi Rice can even be considered

...I sense that your mind isn't really open to discussion.:|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How in f.ck is it that a complete liar and utter failure like Condi Rice can even be considered for a VP slot?

Daughter of a share cropper makes faculty of Stanford by age twenty-five, a stint in dept of state under Reagan, NSA and Sec of State under Bush. What a loser.

BTW I think this is the press being bored or maybe the GOP ops trying to keep their side in the news while the Dems fight it out. Rice is not running for office.

Or does she have some real credentials (other than a doctorate degree and having been on the board of Chevron) and accomplishments to justify a possible presidency in the event that McCain dies during his term?

Her credentials absolutely qualify her. It's her [in]actions in the White House that disqualify her in this voter's mind.

Since the convention is still a long long ways away, the press is making up shit left and right.

It's her [in]actions in the White House that disqualify her in this voter's mind.

Precisely. Her (along with Bush & Cheney's) policies have been an absolute disaster for this country and have put us under a mountain of debt.

Yes, she has "credentials"...but those credentials haven't helped her make sound decisions in regard to foreign policy. When someone's policies have been disastrous as security advisor and as secretary of state, the last thing I would want that person to be is president.

McCain would certainly lose my vote if he chooses her as a running mate.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

She made a statement yesterday I believe it was that she has absolutely no intention of taking the VP slot. I think it's just the media drummin up stories.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

She is a team player. It sucks to be a team player when there are a bunch of jackasses on your team. Her most valuable contribution in the Dubya administration was in being instrumental in showing Rumsfeld the door.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If you ever find reality, say hello.

Too bad you are not half as accomplished, and yet as humble as she is.

Tell me how she's been a success and good for our country, and why you think she'd make a good president. Thanks in advance.

Picking Rice as a VP candidate would be a mistake. To win this election, McCain needs to distance himself as far as possible from the Bush administration, and bringing one of the most notable figures from that administration on board as VP would probably completely ruin any chance he may have had of winning.

Daughter of a share cropper makes faculty of Stanford by age twenty-five, a stint in dept of state under Reagan, NSA and Sec of State under Bush. What a loser.

She's also an accomplished concert pianist and speaks Russian, German, French, and Spanish. Problem is, she's got no tits. Plus, she's never married, and that means she's probably lesbian. You know, like Oprah. Who'd vote for her?

(BTW, it was her great-grandfather who was a sharecropper. Her father was a minister and assistant dean at the University of Denver, and her mother was a teacher. Let your fingers do the walking.)

How in f.ck is it that a complete liar and utter failure like Condi Rice can even be considered for a VP slot?

How the f.ck it happens that a complete liar and utter failure like Hillary Clinton can even be considered for a POTUS slot, and actually pursuing it???
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

The rumors were prompted largely by Sec of State Rice’s appearance at Grover Norquist’s weekly DC meeting of inside the beltway conservatives. Speculate some wishful thinking on some folks part who want to see her as VP too. Political pundits were talking about it on the Sunday morning news programs last weekend.

To be precise, she first came to Stanford’s Center for International Security and Arms Control as a fellow in 1981 before joining the Stanford’s political science faculty.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I believe Dr. Rice and Gen. Powell were perhaps the two best choices Bush made for any of his Cabinet appointments.

And General Powell still has the respect of many moderates for stepping down at the end of the first term. Dr. Rice instead has taken a promotion and pressed a failed, extremist foreign policy that has gotten us into a world of shit.

Hopefully she'll do the right thing and stay out of politics after next January.

I've got no problemo with her running, if that's what she wants to do. She won't get my vote, nor will John McCain. But there's no reason why Condi can't run on a ticket and campaign on issues as she sees them. As long as she's 35 years old, was born a US citizen and has lived inside the US for a minimum of 14 years, there's not a reason on earth why she can't run. I'm sure a lot of people would vote for her, which is animprotant consideration ANY Presidential candidate gives to a potential running mate. That's how our system works. God bless America.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

SS, Medicare, Medicaid, and entitlement spending have put us under a mountain of debt. The discretionary spending spree of this administration, though despicable in many regards, is not what put us in the current fiscal situation though it did exacerbate it somewhat. I'm looking forward to seeing a budget cycle under a McCain administration. A different ball-game it will be.

Dr. Rice would be as good a VP or POTUS as any - far more educated and probably the most accomplished pianist to hold the office. I don't think she want it, however. Probably press speculation.

The majority of dumbfucks that would vote for somebody because of their race would be very hard for the republican party to lure away from the democrats. That's a voting base they shouldn't waste time pursuing.

Governor Palin of Alaska would be a nice VP for McCain, I do believe. She'd get the gun-nut vote, decent environmental record, nice conservative credentials.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

SS, Medicare, Medicaid, and entitlement spending have put us under a mountain of debt. The discretionary spending spree of this administration, though despicable in many regards, is not what put us in the current fiscal situation though it did exacerbate it somewhat.

Those entitlement programs ran in the black during the current administration. It subsidized Bush's deficit spending. They only increased debt because the excess money was spent - basically it 'paid' for Iraq.

Try again.

Hmm...Sounds like some people here are either racist or sexist. Isn't that the accusation if someone doesn't support Obama or Clinton?:P

I'm just cynical.

The Republicans can bypass the entire "vote for a woman" and "vote for a black person" arguement, if they get a black woman as VP.

MB 3528, RB 1182

She is a team player. It sucks to be a team player when there are a bunch of jackasses on your team. Her most valuable contribution in the Dubya administration was in being instrumental in showing Rumsfeld the door.

She was shrub's NSA when 9/11 occurred. Even thought the reports could not have been more clear, she didn't do a damn thing to get shrub off his ass and get him to take some action. It would have interfered with his vacation...

Colin Powell was a "team player". Look what was done to him after he quit the team. Any political careeer he may have had went down the toilet for being a "team player".

If she had any personal integrity at all, she would have quit the team right after 9/11. When the time comes, I hope that she ends up rotting in hell.

It would have interfered with his vacation...

Do you actually think Bush didn't want his vacation "interfered with" over 9/11?

If so, then you are amongst the ranks of the MOST severely blind. Contempt for Bush is one thing, but that sort of view is no less than bizarre.

. . =(_8^(1)

It would have interfered with his vacation...

Do you actually think Bush didn't want his vacation "interfered with" over 9/11?

If so, then you are amongst the ranks of the MOST severely blind. Contempt for Bush is one thing, but that sort of view is no less than bizarre.

The following PDB doesn't seem to have provoked much interest from shrub. There is some question as to whether or not it was actually presented to him, as he was on vacation at time. News reports prior to 9/11 indicate that shrub didn't like having his vacation disrupted by staff bugging him about things that weren't especially important.

shrub certainly knows the difference between important and not so important stuff. He broke away from a vacation to rush back to Washington to sign the emergency bill to prevent Terry Schiavo's feeding tube from being removed.
That was a really critical issue, compared to a PDB titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US".

Begin quoted text >>>

The following is a transcript of the August 6, 2001, presidential daily briefing entitled Bin Laden determined to strike in US. Parts of the original document were not made public by the White House for security reasons.

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate bin Laden since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Laden implied in U.S. television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After U.S. missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, bin Laden told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a -- -- service.

An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told - - service at the same time that bin Laden was planning to exploit the operative's access to the U.S. to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of bin Laden's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the U.S.

Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that in ---, Laden lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own U.S. attack.

Ressam says bin Laden was aware of the Los Angeles operation. Although Bin Laden has not succeeded, his attacks against the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Laden associates surveyed our embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al Qaeda members -- including some who are U.S. citizens -- have resided in or traveled to the U.S. for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks.

Two al-Qaeda members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our embassies in East Africa were U.S. citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a bin Laden cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ---- service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman and other U.S.-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group or bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives.

Personally I dont think ANYONE in this administration should ever be allowed to "serve" for anything ever again unless its in federal prison

This level of incompetence and war profiteering should be met with criminal charges and jail time for most of them>:(>:(