quade

If "guns don't kill people . . . "

I was looking at this thread and had to ask myself;

If "guns don't kill people, people do", then why do guns get "credit" for stopping crimes as well?

There are many ways for people to kill people. There are far fewer effective tools for people to defend themselves against such attacks.

Take your mugger versus your 75 year old grandmother. The gun doesn't matter for him, but it certainly does for her.

>If "guns don't kill people, people do", then why do guns get "credit"
>for stopping crimes as well?

Because when a gun is used in a crime, there is no relationship between the gun and the crime. They could have used a butter knife. What, do you want to outlaw butter knives now?

When a gun is used to STOP a crime, it's all the gun. One merely need wave a gun in the general direction of a criminal and they will halt their crimes against kindly old ladies, turn themselves in to the police, and/or drop dead on the spot.

For all cases in between, consult the NRA website before answering on a public forum.

Because when a gun is used in a crime, there is no relationship between the gun and the crime.

There is plenty. The presence of a gun makes the criminal have more bravado.

But, in the end, it is the end user.

When a gun is used to STOP a crime, it's all the gun.

No. It's the way it is spun on both sides.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>There is plenty.

Agreed. I was being facetious. Anti-gun extremists think that guns will jump off the shelf and start firing; gun nuts think that carrying a gun confers an aura of protection and an opportunity to be Dirty Harry wherever they go.

>There is plenty.

Agreed. I was being facetious. Anti-gun extremists think that guns will jump off the shelf and start firing; gun nuts think that carrying a gun confers an aura of protection and an opportunity to be Dirty Harry wherever they go.

And that why I believe there will never be a solution to the problem unless both sides chill out (which will not happen).
Looking from the outside though, America looks like a war zone lately, so something had better be done soon.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>There is plenty.

And that why I believe there will never be a solution to the problem unless both sides chill out (which will not happen).
Looking from the outside though, America looks like a war zone lately, so something had better be done soon.

YOU are correct Frenchy68..... However not many are going to like much follow what I am about to say to ERADICATE what WE have been seeing here in the USA actually for a very long time....

No matter HOW rauncy I have been in the past with some of my thoughts put down in this whole dzzy.com forum!place, GOD is OUR answer! Period!

:dd

I was looking at this thread and had to ask myself;

If "guns don't kill people, people do", then why do guns get "credit" for stopping crimes as well?

Honda civics never kill anyone, but SUV's have a bad reputation of slaughtering whole families.

Honda civics never kill anyone, but SUV's have a bad reputation of slaughtering whole families.

It's neither the Honda civics NOR the SUVs, but the drunk drivers who kill whole families. Am I starting to get it???

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

It's neither the Honda civics NOR the SUVs, but the drunk drivers who kill whole families. Am I starting to get it???

linz

Gold star!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

> gun nuts think that carrying a gun confers an aura of protection and an opportunity to be Dirty Harry wherever they go.

Wow! Billvon come on, you really think that all gun nuts are like that? I own alot of firearms (guns) as I am a hunter and while carrying a firearm I have no feelings or Aura of protection or want or have a desire to be dirty harry.
I actually have in my mind proper firearm management and take great pride in the fact that I am a responsible gun owner, maybe it's just that I have respect for others taught to me by my parents and the hunters safety course people.

I would guess that many of your criminal types that use guns did not learn much about respect or have respect for others and where never really taught anything about gun safety.. but thats just my assumption on tha matter.
www.greenboxphotography.com

>There is plenty.

Like our Southwest border. Namely, Laredo, Texas/Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

Chuck

>you really think that all gun nuts are like that?

Like I said, some people think a gun surrounds them with an aura of invulnerability; other people think a gun can jump off a shelf and start shooting.

Needless to say, most people are not like that. Most people who own guns are not macho idiots who think their gun will protect them; most people in favor of gun control are not clueless idiots who think guns have a mind of their own. Oddly, though, both sides seem to push those stereotypes.

>I would guess that many of your criminal types that use guns did not
>learn much about respect or have respect for others and where never
>really taught anything about gun safety.. but thats just my assumption on
>tha matter.

Probably a fair bet.

Remember the saying "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal"?

A gun puts that old lady about to be mugged on the same grounds with her attacker, but it also puts the young school kid on the same grounds as the jocks that have been making their lives miserable.

Whenever entering a For/Against debate, the sides don't take long to pull out the extremes as examples. Passion and stupidity quickly end any chance at looking at something objectively.

If you look deeper, a lot of issues could be avoided by teaching social skills, and self worth at a young age, and maybe by showing outrage towards factions in our society that pollute our childrens minds.

Perhaps the bad "tools" to be debated, would become the parents and their choices.

Take your mugger versus your 75 year old grandmother. The gun doesn't matter for him, but it certainly does for her.

What if the mugger IS your 75 year old grandmother?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7248555.stm

I was going to post this for JR anyway as it is knife crime in England:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.