akarunway

Gun control

Just got this in an e-mail "Good goin girl"> NRA files Butte Montana
November 5, 2006

Home invasion gone wrong for criminals.
Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez 23, and Enrico Garza 26, probably believed they would easily overpower and rape a home alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things, they were in Montana, and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.
Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. OUCH!
When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.
It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery, where the victim, 50 year old David Burien, was not so lucky, as he died from stab wounds to the chest.

Had this happened in CA, the ACLU would be out in force suing the 11 year old girl. (Not to mention the LaRaza groups claiming she was discriminating.) Just another reason I keep loaded and locked guns in my house and car. Send the illegal scum home in a box and avoid repeat border crossings.
Nice'Shootin', Patricia!
That is what we call gun control!
Actually ... it`s more like 'criminal control"B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Had this happened in CA, the ACLU would be out in force suing the 11 year old girl. (Not to mention the LaRaza groups claiming she was discriminating.) Just another reason I keep loaded and locked guns in my house and car.

Just another reason that I don't want to live in CA either. If this was an older man that was home alone, I'm sure the ACLU would be pursuing this even if it was in Montana. I think they don't have much to stand on when an 11 year old girl home alone caps to armed and dangerous assailants and one that just previously killed. You know its gotta be driving the ACLU nuts and they'd probably love to watch this little girls life get ruined (I mean any 11 year old girl that knows how to shoot a gun has to be evil and in dire need of psychological help), but they know they haven't got anything to stand on with this one.
As you can all tell I'm a pretty big fan of the ACLU.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but it's not true:

Dang, that's just too bad. It's always nice to hear of scum getting taken out of the gene pool.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

I'm all for young kids defending themselves by whatever means are required, but false stories don't help that cause.

My bad if the story wasn't true. I should have invesigated beforew posting it. BUT..The point is... well you know
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Did you know that aprox 30,000 [Thirty thousand] americans are killed in america every year....guns are so cool.......not

No, I didn't know that, because it's not true. Where'd you get that number?

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Uniform Crime Report they published for 2005 (the last year with finalized numbers) 14.860 people were murdered. Approximately 68% of those murders were committed with firearms. According the the FBI, that is 10,100 people killed in America with firearms.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_10.html

Care to share your unreliable sources? Or do your sources know more about crime than the FBI?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Did you know that aprox 30,000 [Thirty thousand] americans are killed in america every year....guns are so cool.......not

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Uniform Crime Report they published for 2005 (the last year with finalized numbers) 14.860 people were murdered. Approximately 68% of those murders were committed with firearms. According the the FBI, that is 10,100 people killed in America with firearms.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_10.html

Care to share your unreliable sources? Or do your sources know more about crime than the FBI?

Suppose the data came from the Brady Bunch??:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm sure it's the inclusion of suicides plus some rounding fun. But then I think you'd have to change the "are killed" bit since that implies they are the objects, not the cause of the killings.

And sorry guys, if the fantasty story happened as written, there would be no sanctions in CA. People do commit acts of self defense in this state that results in dead bad guys. They aren't hauled off or sued by the ACLU (which from a legal issue isn't even possible).

North or South America? :o

Either way, I guess it's better than if 30,000 [Thirty thousand] Americans were killed each year in antarctica! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Either way, I guess it's better than if 30,000 [Thirty thousand] Americans were killed each year in antarctica! :)

thats a lot of holes to dig in the ice. :)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

thats a lot of holes to dig in the ice. :)

Shrinkage...small holes. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Please cite your sources for your claim that the ACLU would want to prosecute someone for defending themselves.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Google search "firearms related fatalities us"

There's lots of stuff such us most masacres are carried out with legally held weapons,the US leads the way with the most gun related deaths worldwide etc etc.

I'd like to add i don't have problem with sport shooting pas se but people who go on about the need to own a gun for personal protection,right to carry etc etc and fantasise about killing in so called self defence well imo that is giving a monkey a loaded gun.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Just got this in an e-mail "Good goin girl"> NRA files Butte Montana

How's is it that these individual stories make the news, get widely
circulated, discussed on snoopes etc. One thing that always comes
to my mind when I hear them is the old journalism adage

Dog bites man is not news -- Man bites dog is news

Dog-bites-man-stories (such as domestic disputes between otherwise
"law abiding" citicens or people being mugged at gun point with
guns easily stolen from an abundance of "legal" guns) rarely get any
attention on this sort of individual level. All you can practically do,
due to sheer volume, is summarize them in statistics.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I'd like to add i don't have problem with sport shooting pas se but people who go on about the need to own a gun for personal protection,right to carry etc etc and fantasise about killing in so called self defence well imo that is giving a monkey a loaded gun.

I plan to go to my local gun shop and purchase an AK next week-not kidding.
Then hopefully one day I can fulfill my fantasy of killing somebody.:S

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

I'm all for young kids defending themselves by whatever means are required, but false stories don't help that cause.

Heh, didn't someone say it's not the nature of the evidence but the coolness factor of the story that's important? (or something like that)
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin