Darius11

Why are people from Texas such savage Barbarians? Crowd Kills Man after Car Apparently Hits Boy

The only reason we are so “civilized”[:/] is we have very cushy lives.

It's the other way around -- we have cushy lives because we're so "civilized".

But I'll leave civilized in quotes, because our civilization isn't all sweetness and wonderfulness despite it's relatively advanced nature.

. . =(_8^(1)

The Point: I see a lot of posts where people call Muslims crazy, barbaric, or backwards. Why are they so violent? Well this is how you’re fellow Texans act when one of their children is hurt in a non life-threatening manner. I wonder what we would do if a country were responsible for thousands of our children’s death………………. Turn the other cheek? I somehow doubt that

Think before you speak.

Here is a giant mirror.

The only reason we are so “civilized”[:/] is we have very cushy lives. I wonder how we would react if we had to go through what we put other people through.

You're confusing a "mob" with fanatics. It's generally accepted that a "mob mentality" has a mind of it own (it doesn't remove responsibility however) whereas Islamic fanatics are making calculated moves to kill people.

As to the crowd that killed this guy, I hope every one of them is found, tried and convicted. Your comparison to religious fanatics doesn't jive...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well it will Jive if you expand the picture.

Instead of a child hurt make it child killed. Then make the murder not by a car accident but by missiles, or sanction that killed your child from hunger. Now multiply by the appropriate number, which at best should be in the hundreds of thousands and think of this incident happing for years after years every day.

It is easy to be civil, pleasant and nice when you have no reason not to be, when you have not been pushed in a corner. It makes me puke when I see some sit there in there cushy lives, and judge people and think they are better people. At the same time the same guy that would flip out if they forget his fries with his number 1 sits there and judges.
I find it ironic that people want others to be civil when they have experienced injustices that they can not even fathom.

Also we have people who seem to masturbate to any bad news that has a Muslim in it. So for a narrow view this story makes a great point. Look at what “your people” do when a child gets hurt.

I think most people got the point. You can dissected anyway you like but again the point is we are far more similar then we are different. We like to assume we are all high and mighty but we are not we just have not been pushed. We are only as good as our options.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

They are not Barbarians. More like Vandals, maybe Visigoths.

Vandals and Visigoths were barbarians.

Barbarian, noun: Originally from the Greek for foreigners, meaning those who spoke an unintelligible language and had outlandish manners. It has come to mean a rude, crude, untutored, uncultured, cruel, almost savage person who is ignorant of civilized customs and human dignity.

Surely it describes the Welsh and the Scots.

As long as you left my Irish out it I'm ok w/ it.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Even if your story did prove our lack of civilization... it can't be compared to islamic terrorism for two simple reasons. There are members of "our" group who are out there VERY actively persuing these perpetrators to be brought to justice and NO ONE is cheering the actions of this mob.

Can you say the same about "your" group when atrocities are comitted in the name of religion? Is the muslim world hunting down the people who bastardize their religion to rid the world of them... or are they kinda sitting by maybe silently agreeing, maybe not, maybe donating to "a cause" here and there, maybe not... but either way... lying low?
Oh, hello again!

Even if your story did prove our lack of civilization... it can't be compared to islamic terrorism for two simple reasons. There are members of "our" group who are out there VERY actively persuing these perpetrators to be brought to justice and NO ONE is cheering the actions of this mob.

It is not a lack of civilization but just how humans act and react.
This estimated 2000-person mob was formed because of a child getting hurt and nothing more.

Please think of this fictional scenario
If lets say Canada was responsible for killing a thousand American children, and the US government says that they will take action but do nothing. Now think of this happening over and over. So one of the US citizens goes to Canada and kills a bunch of people. Do you think no one in the US would be cheering him on because of their frustration?

Sorry for the scenarios but that seems to be the only way I can try to describe what people have been trough. As we have goon trough nothing similar for more then 200 years.

My point: If we had been forced to endure what for example the Palestinians have goon trough. You can bet we would be cheering the mob fuck are government wouldn’t even give a chance for the mob to committee murder, they would be the first ones in lines ready to kill the enemy and would leave no one alive for the mob to kill..

This is the logic that will only perpetuate the shitty situation that we have today. One side is the perennial victim so anything that they do... including targeting people who have nothing to do with their strife, is completely excuseable and we should understand and sympathize.

I don't buy it. What did a bunch of spoiled twat rich-boys from Saudi have to do with the Palestinians? Should I, as a Christian, get all homicidal and kill innocent muslims every time a christian is killed in Indonesia?

There is no sympathy for those who are victims of something (different discussion) who turn around and harm innocent victims on purpose or as a rule.
Oh, hello again!

>There is no sympathy for those who are victims of something (different
>discussion) who turn around and harm innocent victims on purpose or as a
>rule.

Unless innocent people are killed by the hundreds of thousands by WMD's. Then the people doing the killing are completely justified.

Oh SHIT!! You're right? Well, heck, maybe they are justified. Or wait... maybe Texans are savages. Or wait... what are you trying to say? Because our government's made a decision in the past that can be argued to be wrong or right that our civilians deserve to die?
Oh, hello again!

>There is no sympathy for those who are victims of something (different
>discussion) who turn around and harm innocent victims on purpose or as a
>rule.

Unless innocent people are killed by the hundreds of thousands by WMD's. Then the people doing the killing are completely justified.

But we've moved on since the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. ;)

>what are you trying to say?

Nothing profound. Just that you vigorously defend our use of WMD's to kill civilians, but would find that abhorrent if someone else did the same. It's not an unusual or startling observation; many people feel exactly the same way.

If I were you, though, I'd hesitate to make dramatic absolute statements on morality; it results in an inconsistent position. Perhaps you could add a disclaimer.

we have cushy lives because we're so "civilized".

Really is that why we have been in more wars then any one in the last 50 years?

Are you sure of that?

50 years excludes Korea, btw. I don't think Grenada counts as a war. Panama is stretching it too, as well as the air strike on Libya. You got Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and if you want, Iraq two. Does 4 put us in first place?

>Also we have people like John who seem to masturbate to any bad news that has a Muslim in it.

Your last warning.

Sorry Bill didn’t know just saying a first name was wrong but I guess sense everyone knows whom I am talking about it is. I will change the post right now.

Can you say the same about "your" group when atrocities are comitted in the name of religion? Is the muslim world hunting down the people who bastardize their religion to rid the world of them...

There seem to be quite a few muslims who work for and with the US Armed Forces.

Secondly, I thought an armed society was supposed to be a polite society?

Secondly, I thought an armed society was supposed to be a polite society?

"Armed" doesn't mean has lots of arms punching.

If the person or driver had been carrying, the situation may have ended with an angry standoff till the cops arrived. Or, given the mob, might have just gotten much worse.

Sorry for the scenarios but that seems to be the only way I can try to describe what people have been trough. As we have goon trough nothing similar for more then 200 years.

Well, since you mention it, there was the War of 1812... That involved blockades, capturing of civilian sailors, under the table arming of enemies, etc.

...as the world turns I suppose...

Escalation is the real culprit that we need to be concerned about, it's how we ended up mired in a war to begin with. In the end what's more important? Peace? A better life? Or hurting people back for what they've done?

(06-21) 18:53 PDT Austin, Texas (AP) --
About three or four people — not a mob of up to 20 — beat a man to death after the car he was riding in struck and injured a toddler, police said Thursday.

Police backed off earlier descriptions of Tuesday's attack, also saying that fewer than two dozen people — rather than hundreds — were witnesses.

City officials also said the attack was not connected to the city-sponsored Juneteenth celebration that had just wrapped up nearby, which celebrates the day Texas slaves learned they were freed.

--------------------
Whoops.

The media create a race storm out of thin air - who could believe it?

(or the police are doing sloppy damage control)

Well, since you mention it, there was the War of 1812... That involved blockades, capturing of civilian sailors, under the table arming of enemies, etc.

Wasn't that the war where a bunch of future Canadians invaded the USA, made their way to Washington DC and burned the White House down to the ground? Damn war mongering 'nucks. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over