tbrown

Now Hiring: White House War Czar

Don't know if this one's been posted at Monster.com yet, but the White House is looking for a "high powered" official to coordinate the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sounds like a "motivated self starter" would help, and "thinking outside the box" might help even more, unless you have something to say that displeases The Great Decider (TGD).

Guess TGD hasn't heard yet, the voters still want out.

In other news, Defense Sec'y Gates has announced the standard tour of duty will be extended to 15 months.

I really do have an immense amount of respect for those of you on these forums who have served in either or both of these wars. I know some of you have come back missing an arm or a leg too. One of my daughter's friends was killed over there two months ago. I know you've given it everything you've got. I just think The Great Decider has done all of you - and all of us as a nation a great disservice, at least with the Iraqi war (and yes, I do think Afghanistan is a "good war").

There will be no good options; not if we stay, and not if we leave. Eventually we will leave, if history offers any examples. But not until TGD is safely enjoying his pension back at the ranch in Texas. He's already said so himself.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Yeah and so far I have heard at least 4 retired generals have declined this immence honor to serve at the will of the president.

Well Jeanne, would YOU want that job ? I mean aside from your undeniable ability to open a can of whupass, why would anyone want it ?

I just hope he's not trying to set something up for Jeb or Cheney.

Don't know if this one's been posted at Monster.com yet, but the White House is looking for a "high powered" official to coordinate the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that kinda the job of somebody in government ALREADY? What would his name be?

The Secretary of Defense or something?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Don't know if this one's been posted at Monster.com yet, but the White House is looking for a "high powered" official to coordinate the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that kinda the job of somebody in government ALREADY? What would his name be?

The Secretary of Defense or something?

The Secretary of Defense is responsible for coordinating the military's defense of the USA.

This new office would be a War Czar. Sort of a Secretary of Offense.

It's necessary for the Neo-Con plan for dominating the world militarily. And guess who gets to pay for this Lex Luthor fantasy.:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>This new office would be a War Czar. Sort of a Secretary of Offense.

I'd think this would end up being a thankless, meaningless position. Someone will get it, do a careful analysis of what needs to be done to ensure the best outcome in Iraq - and then Bush will do whatever he damn well pleases. (Unless, of course, he has started to give up on being The Decider.)

Yeah and so far I have heard at least 4 retired generals have declined this immence honor to serve at the will of the president.

I wonder:S why this one didn't want the job. > "Sheehan, a 35-year Marine, served on the Defense Policy Board advising the Pentagon early in the Bush administration and at one point was reportedly considered by then-Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs. He now works as an executive at Bechtel Corp. developing oil projects in the Middle East."
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

He now works as an executive at Bechtel Corp. developing oil projects in the Middle East."

Gee that would be a major pay cut.. and a HUGE CLM going to work in THIS administration...All that quacking of the lame ducks around the White House must be unnerving.:S

I wonder:S why this one didn't want the job. > "Sheehan, a 35-year Marine, served on the Defense Policy Board advising the Pentagon early in the Bush administration and at one point was reportedly considered by then-Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs. He now works as an executive at Bechtel Corp. developing oil projects in the Middle East."

Ohh....I dunno.... I mean the fat exec paycheck with an umbilical to the US treasury along with a world addicted to your product, or scapegoat co-pilot for the Hindenburg? Decisions, decisions.:D

According to Yahoo!, the post is still open. So anyone out there looking for a fat govt job with benefits and perks should dust off their resumes.

Though so far I haven't found a listing at monster.com - but you never know !

He might need a new SecDef pretty soon too. Gates is suggesting that setting deadlines is a good thing. And we know what happens to people who disagree with Bush in his administration. From LA Times:

--------------
n fact, Gates' recent comments seem to run counter to the message from the White House. During a recent trip to the Middle East, Gates told the Iraqi government that time was running out and praised Democratic efforts in the U.S. Congress to set a timetable for withdrawal, saying it would help prod the Iraqis. He reiterated that point during a meeting with reporters last week.
---------------

According to Yahoo!, the post is still open. So anyone out there looking for a fat govt job with benefits and perks should dust off their resumes.

Though so far I haven't found a listing at monster.com - but you never know !

I have a fat housecat who's too lazy to catch mice--is she qualified?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

He might need a new SecDef pretty soon too. Gates is suggesting that setting deadlines is a good thing. And we know what happens to people who disagree with Bush in his administration. From LA Times:

--------------
n fact, Gates' recent comments seem to run counter to the message from the White House. During a recent trip to the Middle East, Gates told the Iraqi government that time was running out and praised Democratic efforts in the U.S. Congress to set a timetable for withdrawal, saying it would help prod the Iraqis. He reiterated that point during a meeting with reporters last week.
---------------

Maybe even a Sec of State too. I mean what's with Condi and this fraternizing with the enemy crap? I wonder what Cheney thinks about her antics. I'm sure that he's as steadfast on appeasing the enemy as he is on gay marriage.:ph34r:

Considering all the damage caused by the W administration doing ill-conceived things, I'm thinking a cat that does nothing would be a marked improvement.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Considering all the damage caused by the W administration doing ill-conceived things, I'm thinking a cat that does nothing would be a marked improvement.:)

Like the cat that did nothing about Somalia, Khobar Towers, the embassy attacks in Africa, etc, etc....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Like the cat that did nothing about Somalia, Khobar Towers, the embassy attacks in Africa, etc, etc....

You're right. We should have attacked Venezuela.

You're right. We should have attacked Venezuela.

That'd be like .... bombing an aspirin factory or something....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706