peckerhead

Imus in the morning

I guess I should just shut up like a good dog now that he's apologized.

Now you get it.[:/].. just shut up and accept what the righties say... that is the way it is they are not good at accepting dissenting opinions... thye dont want to hear anything that diverges from thier dogma.

Your petulant persecution complex surfacing when facing any opposition is growing stale. It only adds insult to your injury. How long do you intend to continue to embarrass yourself with self-pitying posts between your name calling?

Sharpton speaks for himself. Himself. Say it to yourself one time silently. If I post here and preface what I say with "On behalf of the entire black community..." does that mean I'm their voice? The same holds true for Sharpton.

Does he,now? He wasn't the one to whom the insult was directed, therefore, he should not be offended, nor should he be the one demanding that Imus apologize to the whole world, in front of the world.

It should be a personal apology, at best, to the team, and the girls individually.

In re the topic at hand, Sharpton is a lying fuck, Jackson is a hypocritial fuck, and Don Imus is an ignornant fuck. I don't think this comment deserved Imus' firing; and am disappointed that it has, in fact occurred.

:o:o:o Michelle said "fuck"!!! :o:o:o
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Nappy" has a decidely negative connotation and is 10 out of 10 times an insult.

Really?

A fairly smart black friend of mine and I were driving down the street a few yrs. back in Fl. The truck in front was a poor looking landscaping truck drivin by a couple poor looking black souls. When we pulled up aside the name on the truck was "Cotton Pickin Landscapers" We both laughed our asses off. He says next. "What do I do about my brothers?" I've even said whilst we were working and trying to rig something up. "how we gonna nigger rig this one" He just looks at me and shakes his head. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? Edit to add: I'm that white redneck someone asked about today
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Now you get it.[:/].. just shut up and accept what the righties say... that is the way it is they are not good at accepting dissenting opinions... thye dont want to hear anything that diverges from thier dogma.

actually, the lefties can get all self righteously outraged about the term 'nappy'

the righties could have gotten all self righteously outraged about lack of courtesy to young women with the term "ho"

both fit their profiles - it's just a matter of who made the stink - And if the right would have come out in outrage over this, half the people on this board would flip flop their positions.

it's not an issue of free speech - if the "government" tried to get Imus fired, it would be

it's about an asshole saying something stupid and then apologizing

it's about another asshole making political hay over it - about the worst person in the whole mess

it's about a handful of girls being exploited because they don't get the whole concept that a complete stranger can say random stuff and it's doesn't have to affect them at all unless they want it to - it's sad the girls are being taught this attitude

it's about a school angling for donations - they'll win

it's about abusiness having to fire a profitable employee for PR reasons - they have the right to do that

IMUS can go retire and do speech tours and write a book or two. It's about time anyway.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Its just business. Nothing more, nothing less.

for Imus, the radio station, the school, and Sharpton

agreed

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yes we are and we sure can't let anyone down.

And now, CBS has fired Imus. Imus is now without a broadcasting venue at all.

See my earlier post about how I feel.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

***Black people DO have nappy hair.

What about the "hos" part? I've always loved Imus but this crossed the line. I think the two week suspension is just. I don't want to see him fired at all but people need to start taking responsibility for what they spout off.

I was not aware that "ho" was a racial slur. I have seen that term used to describe women of all ethnicities. The "ho" component of his comment was not racist, just rude.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Yup, Les Moonves is a gutless worm and this was a phony political lynching. Imus will go on elsewhere, maybe satellite? Space, the last bastion of politically unshackled speech.

Who's next on the griddle? After this you can bet hypersensitive ears will be listening with renewed vigor.

Yup, Les Moonves is a gutless worm and this was a phony political lynching. Imus will go on elsewhere, maybe satellite? Space, the last bastion of politically unshackled speech.

Who's next on the griddle? After this you can bet hypersensitive ears will be listening with renewed vigor.

Yeah, lets see.. the air space over the US is in all rights owned by the Gov.. so if any words possible being broadcast over even " satellite" could be intercepted thru that space, and it could be considered to be rude, racial, or anything in that context,, all you need is some idiot with time on their hands to get a Laywer who needs to make a name for himself and file some stupid lawsuit over a communication thru gov space that can be considered insulting....

The way the FCC currently views it, space based broadcasting is distinct, but that is hardly the issue in this case (this isn't Howard Stern for example) since the corporations are potentially subject to the same pressures CBS was. For them they see the benefits or recruiting radio's "bad boys" outweigh the disadvantages.

I think this incident is more blow-back from allowing massive consolidation of media corporations.

The way the FCC currently views it, space based broadcasting is distinct, but that is hardly the issue in this case (this isn't Howard Stern for example) since the corporations are potentially subject to the same pressures CBS was. For them they see the benefits or recruiting radio's "bad boys" outweigh the disadvantages.

I think this incident is more blow-back from allowing massive consolidation of media corporations.

full heartly agree it was media corporation pressure,, i really don't believe it had much to do with the personal outcry from the regular ppl, even though there was some,, but the media corp dogs saw a hurt to their "name" based on any linkage to Imus show. so to save the mighty dollar from there bonus checks,, cough, i mean their business bottom line,, they had to do a dirty deed..
and yes, the signal broadcast is a seperate from this thread,, but give it time, even though its Satellite, some how some way, the GOV will intervine, they always do...