Zipp0

Capture a Rapist, get extradited to Mexico

If I remember this incident correctly, the issue wasn't that the defendant was in Mexico, it was that the mexican police were pissed off because chapman refused to turn the defendant over to the Mexican police after his capture. I agree with Chapman for not turning him over to the mexican police, He was not facing any charges in mexico, why turn him over to the corrupt police so that he could pay them off and again be a fugitive.

I think the American government needs to attempt to inject on his behalf

What's scary is that you really don't see a problem with people going anywhere they want around the world and enforcing US law. US lawis not valid in Mexico any more than Mexican law is valid in the US. The two governments do, however, have an extradition treaty which would have dealt with the problem had this Dog guy informed the Mexican police. I hope he rots in prison.

If you google the news reports from Luster's capture and extradition (Luster was kicked out by the Mexican authorities and turned over to US law enforcement) and read between the lines there is quite a bit more to the story. Basically Chapman and his cohorts sniffed him out first, stepped on a lot of toes, and made a bunch of people look bad in the process (and they're still stewing over it).

Not wanting to get into a discussion on the finer points of Mexican law and ju$tice here but it appears people south of the Rio like to try and make their names on high-profile stuff just as much as we do.

Note to self: when bounty hunting in Mexico remember to pay off the local cops before making the pickup.

What's even scarier is that you see no problem with a convicted rapist hiding out in Mexico, likely escaping justice.

Whatever the law is, the guy needed to be caught, however it happened. The end justified the means.

And by the way, fuck Mexican law. They don't even attempt to stop the millions crossing the Rio Grande, even as we send thousands and thousands of jobs down to their country.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Whatever the law is, the guy needed to be caught, however it happened. The end justified the means.

Nice:S

What the fuck is crazy about bringing a rapist to justice????:S

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Nice:S

What the fuck is crazy about bringing a rapist to justice????:S

How would you feel if a team of Mexicans showed up in the USA and grabbed "Dog" off the street and attempted to transport him to Mexico in an extra-judicial kidnapping?

Afterall, what's crazy about bringing a kidnapper to justice?

How would you feel if a team of Mexicans showed up in the USA and grabbed "Dog" off the street and attempted to transport him to Mexico in an extra-judicial kidnapping?

If Dog was a Mexican citizen who had been convicted of a crime in a Mexican court and jumped bail set by a Mexican judge, and the team who captured him was following Mexican law in doing so, I wouldn't care.

If Dog was a Mexican citizen who had been convicted of a crime in a Mexican court and jumped bail set by a Mexican judge, I wouldn't care.

"Dog" DID JUMP BAIL, and he has been evading capture by Mexico ever since he fled the country. The fact that He's an American is irrelevant, his crime was committed in Mexico. I invite you to argue that Mexicans shoud be free to jump bail in the USA with no chance of extradition or re-capture. You don't have a leg to stand on.

I think it's a tragedy for him, and if it was up to me I'd block it as a special case, but he broke Mexican law and jumped bail.

You're absolutely right. He broke Mexican laws and stepped on quite a few toes while he was there. He also rid that country of a rapist, and returned him to the states to serve his sentence. (He was living outside a resort area- not exactly in hiding- and probably had access to all the roofies and girls he wanted!)

I can see how the Mexican authorities would be pissed- he showed a complete disregard for their procedures and made them look really bad in the process. He probably could have gotten the job done without breaking any laws in the process, but that wouldn't have made for good TV. So, yes, the mess he is in is mostly his own doing, but I also think the kidnapping charges are extreme and the whole situation has gotten out of control.

Personally, I think Dog needs to make nice with a public apology (and probably some privately greased palms as well), and if that happens, the Mexican authorities should drop the kidnapping charges. They have to be better off with one less fugitive ex pat living large just outside one of their busiest resort areas!

And by the way, fuck Mexican law. They don't even attempt to stop the millions crossing the Rio Grande, even as we send thousands and thousands of jobs down to their country.

Fuck American law; they don't even attempt to stop the massive volume of illegal firearms coming into Canada even as we send millions of barrels of oil to their country so they don't have to depend on the middle east.

"Dog" DID JUMP BAIL, and he has been evading capture by Mexico ever since he fled the country. The fact that He's an American is irrelevant, his crime was committed in Mexico. I invite you to argue that Mexicans shoud be free to jump bail in the USA with no chance of extradition or re-capture. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Mexico will not extradite many criminals, including murderers.

The way I see it, Dog went to Mexico and broke their laws to bring back a bail jumper. The Mexican Government has followed set protocol to extredite Dog, who jumped bail in their country.
Our laws concerning bringing bail jumpers to justice don't carry past our borders. For him to go to Mexico and bring that guy back against his will is kidnapping.

The way I see it, Dog went to Mexico and broke their laws to bring back a bail jumper. The Mexican Government has followed set protocol to extredite Dog, who jumped bail in their country.
Our laws concerning bringing bail jumpers to justice don't carry past our borders. For him to go to Mexico and bring that guy back against his will is kidnapping.

Yup! If, I'm not mistaken, 'bounty hunting' is illegal in Mexico. Does that ring strange?:D

Chuck

We as Americans are all to blame. If we didn't watch this unadulterated SHIT he's trying to pass off as entertainment, then there would have been no motivation for him to be such a dumbass.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

:P

Elvisio "that fucking show fires the 'up channel' reflex in my thumb" Rodriguez

The only question that remains to be answeres is, will Mexico broadcast his drive back across the border with a patronizing Mexican telling "Dog" he needs to turn his life around.

:D:D That's a real good question. I'm curious as to how 'Brah' would translate in Spanish!? :D:D

Chuck

Fuck American law; they don't even attempt to stop the massive volume of illegal firearms coming into Canada even as we send millions of barrels of oil to their country so they don't have to depend on the middle east.

Bullshit

What is bullshit about it?

What would you suggest the US could do to stop it? I'm sure there are things that could be improved, what do you think?

It is easy to say that we're doing nothing to stop it, because as you cross the border, you don't have to pass through US authorities inspecting vehicles and such for weapons, it is Canadian authorities that must do it, and the opposite is true on the way back (I think that is true). The same could be said of illegals coming from Mexico - Mexican officials don't inspect you on the way into the US. However, the fact that the Mexican government provides advice on how to do it is a crucial distinction.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am