gjhdiver

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

FSMism has been a popular talking point for a while here. We are all touched by His Noodly Appendage

Ah, ok. I guess I really haven't been paying that much attention in Speaker's Corner for the past while. Just off and on. Even though I consider myself a Christian, I get a laugh out of the FSM. Then again, I'm not a funamentalist, even though I know the theology and the bible just as well as some preachers do. Another way of saying is, I believe how and what I believe, you believe what you want to believe that's fine, but don't try to convert me to your beliefs.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Want to see a real religious minority? Check out Zoroastrianism...:P

Oh my god, everytime I mention that religion to Christians, they have no idea what I am talking about and laugh at me when I tell them that Zoroastrianism is one of the first religions to preach that there is only one God!

I learned about it in my religion class, and everyone looks at me like I am making it up. That is a relief. I was starting to think that my mind had made up that religion for a while.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

God answers all prayers.

Does he arse. I prayed for him to fix the transmission on my car. Did he get it to work ? Did he fuck. It doesn't go into reverse now. He may be the supreme being, but he knows fuck all about Mercedes torque converters.

Here's the thing though. The secret to my post is in the word "Fundamentalist". That's the problem word for me. You can attach any religion after that word as far as I'm concerned. I'll leave it up to the others to add their favorite superstition to the mix.

Maybe it wasn't God's will for your transmission to get fixed.:P

So sad, so very very sad :(:(:(:(:(

Maybe.....just maybe GOD DOESNT EXIST.............

But hey, seeing as god answers all prayers, lets just pray from him to appear before me, then Ill take a photo of the pair of us, and we can clear this stupidity up once and for all......

So lets go, I have my camera ready.....

"Dear god, I would be terribly pleased if you could just appear before me for a couple on mins, just wanna grab a photo or two, as I know you will find this hard to believe, but check this out there are actually people down here that doubt your very existence. Anyway any time in the next 5 mins would be sweet, as the wife has the dinner on… cheers old bean, see you soon… your fundamentalisty Oli….

-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

"Molecules to man" evolutionists also believe organic matter originated from inorganic matter.

"Molecules to man" evolutionists also believe organic matter originated from inorganic matter.

Sorry, you're getting mixed up with Aboigenesis. Evolution and Abiogenesis are not the same thing. Evolution says nothing about how life started, it just takes "life exists" as a given and explains how it delelops from there. Abiogenesis explains how that life could have come to be in the first place but you don't necessarily have to believe in abiogenesis to buy into evolution.

Do you think there is any chance you might learn what evolution actually is before you start criticising it?

Still waiting..... perhaps hes not going to show!!!!!

Time can have no meaning for an omnipresent entity.

Apparently answering ALL prayers does not include those that aren't in accord with God's will. If you allow words to be redefined (like "a day means 1,000 years"), then anything is possible.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

It does! Plants do it all the time.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>"Molecules to man" evolutionists also believe organic matter
>originated from inorganic matter.

Literally, no scientist believes that. Organic matter has carbon in it; indeed, organic chemistry is the study of chemistry involving carbon. No life form can transmute elements, and you cannot turn inorganic matter into organic matter without adding carbon.

More figuratively, you turn inorganic matter into organic matter all the time, if you use the more common definition of organic as "of or from an organism." Ever had a drink of water?

>"Molecules to man" evolutionists also believe organic matter
>originated from inorganic matter.

Literally, no scientist believes that. Organic matter has carbon in it; indeed, organic chemistry is the study of chemistry involving carbon. No life form can transmute elements, and you cannot turn inorganic matter into organic matter without adding carbon.

More figuratively, you turn inorganic matter into organic matter all the time, if you use the more common definition of organic as "of or from an organism." Ever had a drink of water?

IIRC the synthesis of urea by Wohler was the first evidence that the original classification of organic vs inorganic was bogus, giving rise to the modern "carbon based" definition.

>Is that the same cross that was placed with private funds for a war
>memorial sometime in the late 50's?

No, this is the Mt Soledad cross. It was put up on public land as an Easter religious symbol in the 50's. In 1989, in an attempt to make it more difficult to remove, a group called the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association added a war memorial to its base.

>Are you opposed to its presence?

Not at all. Sell the land to the highest bidder and let them do whatever they want with it. Problem solved.

But Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers, SO WHERE IS HE??????? I feel so cheated and let down….

[B]Matthew 7:7 Jesus says: [/B]

Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?

[B]In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message: [/B]
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
[B]Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21: [/B]
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

[B]The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:[/B]

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

[B]In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:[/B]

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

[B]In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:[/B]

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Anyway hope he turns up soon…. Hey Windcatcher, Paj any ideas ??????
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

But Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers, SO WHERE IS HE??????? I feel so cheated and let down….

[B]Matthew 7:7 Jesus says: [/B]

Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?

[B]In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message: [/B]
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
[B]Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21: [/B]
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

[B]The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:[/B]

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

[B]In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:[/B]

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

[B]In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:[/B]

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Anyway hope he turns up soon…. Hey Windcatcher, Paj any ideas ??????

You have given the answer:

[B]The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. "

In other words, it's all hallucination. No objective test has ever shown that prayers are answered. One test showed that sick people told they were being prayed for actually got sicker than those for whom no prayers were said.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus existed. He was a man very determined to change people’s perspective. His extreme mission was to sacrifice his life for the understanding of others. His intention led to the creation of Christianity. He accomplished his goal. We all find our faith in different ways; whether it comes from our inner strength or belief in a higher power. The point is that we have it and others should accept a different perspective. Faith of some kind, gives one the drive to try to be a good person. Attempting to take that away or to be condescending because you don't agree is a waste of your time. Acceptance of individuality is key. We all have the right to go our own way.
I'm not trying to push my beliefs on anyone, this is just my view..

God or the higher power, has ruling over all human existence, in my opinion. Nothing is ever definite.