kallend

Violent crime UP in Texas in 2005

>give those Texans a few years to blast the imported crime
>wave. It'll go back down.

Right. The more people shot, the more crime stats go down. Same philosophy as we are applying in the Middle East I suppose. If we can get wars going in most of the countries over there, we will finally be at peace.

Now if we can just get the "freedom is slavery" thing going, we'll have the trifecta.

Rubbish. The crime can't be up, I thought they all have guns in Texas.

We do, leave that up to law enforcement. That hurricane, as was mentioned brought us a lot of criminals. They'll be gotten though, just wait and watch.

Chuck

The more people shot, the more crime stats go down.

Well... here in Texas it is a crime to kill things without a hunting license... we're just waiting for the state to offer "NewOrlinean" stamp. :P In the same vein, keep an eye out for the "Runnin'-Border-Crosser" special permit. :)

Watch this url http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/stamps/ for details on upcoming special stamps...

Keep in mind though that, "SPECIAL NOTE: No STATE stamp endorsement is required for anyone under 17 years of age (resident or
non-resident), holders of Lifetime Resident Combination, or Lifetime Resident Hunting licenses." (quoted from the Texas Fishing and Hunting Regulations Summary).. so if you qualify... load up your spare clips and get ready for some fun!

www.nbc5i.com/news/9361230/detail.html
I see that homicides are down in NYC, Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles, though.

Next time all the New Orleans criminals head this way, we'll close Interstate-10 at the border, and redirect them north to Chicago.

No good deed goes unpunished. This is what we get for being so generous during a time of national disaster.

And all kallend can think to do with that news is bash Texas...

Next time all the New Orleans criminals head this way, we'll close Interstate-10 at the border, and redirect them north to Chicago.

No good deed goes unpunished. This is what we get for being so generous during a time of national disaster.

Send a few thousand out to San Diego, too. I think some reality is needed in that part of the country.

LA is a "shall issue" state so why would it have high crime to export, John? Your logic is appalling.

I guess the problem is all their guns were confiscated in NOLA before the folks came to Texas. That's bound to increase violent crime.;)

You have been trumpeting how gun ownership is increasing and that more guns = less crime for months. Yet violent crime is up in the US as a whole (NYC, Chicago, Detroit Los Angeles excepted, of course), not just in places that imported N'Orleaneans. So it appears that more guns = more violent crime right now.

Pretty pathetic really, attempting to blame it on hurricane victims.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Send a few thousand out to San Diego, too. I think some reality is
>needed in that part of the country.

We've already got hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants - which, if you believe the propaganda, means we're awash in vile criminals. Perhaps we could arrange a trade.

You have been trumpeting how gun ownership is increasing and that more guns = less crime for months. Yet violent crime is up in the US as a whole (NYC, Chicago, Detroit Los Angeles excepted, of course), not just in places that imported N'Orleaneans. So it appears that more guns = more violent crime right now.

of course, given the insufficient data, it's no worse than blaming it on guns.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I've got several friends in law enforcement here in Texas mostly in Dallas and Houston... they have both commented on the amount of people they've arrested for violent crimes as well as general drug related activities and burglaries that are from Louisiana and came over after the hurricanes and just stayed... drug sales, especially crack and meth is way up or seemingly more prevalent on the streets of Dallas... as is prostitution... a large influx of working girls came with the evacuees... just observations.
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

of course, given the insufficient data, it's no worse than blaming it on guns.

Bingo!

But have you noticed how JR is extraordinarily quick to point out any (insufficient) data indicating crime increasing in the UK?

Just a little symmetry here :).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

LA is a "shall issue" state so why would it have high crime to export, John? Your logic is appalling.

I guess the problem is all their guns were confiscated in NOLA before the folks came to Texas. That's bound to increase violent crime.;)

Hey John, I wonder why King Daley credits the lowering of the murder rate in Chicago to the Antigun laws that the city has.

The problem is that it took over 30years to have any effect and that was only for 5 years and now it is increasing again.

I don't knw if, you got the same stories we did but, the jails in New Orleans were opened and all those prisoners were let go. There were more than one or two who got on buses headed for Texas. They wound-up in Houston, Dallas and Austin. That right there is good for a crime increase here. The folks who live in those cities know the difference.

Chuck