BillyVance

See the motorcycle?? A dead dumb ass was riding it

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

===================

It's crap like this that proves that racing motorcycles are best left to the tracks by experienced racers, not on public roads... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would say that the rider was stupid, and two others paid the price.

Not all riders are like this, actually this is the exception, not the norm.

Some people do us the favor of removing themselves from the gene pool. It is unfortunate when others are hurt/killed, sad really.

I would say that the rider was stupid, and two others paid the price.

Not all riders are like this, actually this is the exception, not the norm.

Some people do us the favor of removing themselves from the gene pool. It is unfortunate when others are hurt/killed, sad really.

Exactly why I said racing are best left on the tracks
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It makes me sad to see things like this. I have been a racer, dirt then Street, since I was 11. The sport of riding is like the sport of skydiving to me.

I sold my Yosh replica GSXR 750 3 yrs ago now. It broke my heart at the time. I hate the fact that anyone can get a bike close to what I had. I had professional training, tons of track time and the bike still got over my head on a regular basis. I will hold short of saying that you shouldn't be able to have one, but anyone who gets a bike like that should be ready for what they get and know they deserve it. I know thats very harse but I am talking from experience and not just a gut feeling

We all do stupid things from time to time. I do them more then most. I almost connected with a hay bayler at 172mph once, that would have been ugly. If you don't push yourself what fun is life.

It's unfortunate that others died because of this, but it is a freak occurence. usually it's just the rider or the jumper that gets in trouble.

A classic and profoundly sad case of shit happens.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

We all do stupid things from time to time. I do them more then most. I almost connected with a hay bayler at 172mph once, that would have been ugly. If you don't push yourself what fun is life.

It's unfortunate that others died because of this, but it is a freak occurence. usually it's just the rider or the jumper that gets in trouble.

Very well put
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Guess the fuckers should look both ways before pulling out huh?:ph34r:

An AAD may of prevented this fatality
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Guess the fuckers should look both ways before pulling out huh?:ph34r:

I would bet they did.At that speed if they looked at him,saw how far away he was and then started to pull out he would be there.

They shold have anticipated it.

I mean - how many drives did they have? They should have been briefed by their instructors how to stay out of the way of more experianced and faster people.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's crap like this that proves that racing motorcycles are best left to the tracks by experienced racers, not on public roads... :|

Yep, that's simply brilliant, Billy. Let's ban all sport bikes from public streets simply because you managed to find a single 10 year old instance of a motorcyclist actually killing someone besides himself.

Did you ever stop to think of how many innocent motorcyclists are T-Boned (killed, maimed, paralyzed, take your pick) on a daily basis by SUV drivnig, cellphone talkin' jerkoffs?

I ride my bike (a 2005 CBR1000RR) an average of 500 miles a week and I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've had some cellphone talkin' dipshit try to sideswipe me because they're too caught up in their own bullshit to pay any attention to what's happening on road. Should we ban all SUV's from public streets as well? Or how about sports cars? Has there ever been an accident involving a sports car where innocent people were killed? Come on.......

Place the blame where it truly belongs: on the dipshit behind the wheel - or the handlebars as the case my be.

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

Usually, shit doesn't just happen. Sewers are filled with shit that didn't just happen - people put that shit there. It used to be that people merely put there shit wherever they wanted. It was found that this is not exactly the best idea, for shit tended to cause illness and death that could otherwise be avoided if people kept their shit away from other people.

It was therefore decided that there should be a place designed especially for shit, so that one person's shit could go to a place where shit can be that won't bother other people. And from a single room where a person could let their shit happen, a better system was designed to collect shit from everyone and move it away safely. It was good - it kept everyone's shit in its place.

So while shit continued to happen with the same regularity as before, shit did not happen in a random way - people who felt the need to make shit happen found their way to the appropriate place to start shit. Shit happening on the ground stopped happening, because shit only happens when and where people want shit to happen, and those who couldn't were diapered so that when shit happened, it didn't bother anyone else.

It was good, for shit now happened in a place designed for shit to happen. And the population as a whole recognized it and accepted it.

Now, human shit on the street is not a freak occurrence, materializing out of mid-air, nor is it acceptable or tolerated. Human shit doesn't just happen - bird shit does - it's tough to control that. Bug shit does, and even to an extent dog shit and cat shit does. Bullshit doesn't, save for the odd accident with people whose job it is to transport and use it for productive purpose.

Human shit ends up on the street because somebody decided to put shit there.

To draw a comparison, people decided that racers needed a place to go where they wouldn't splatter anyone who didn't want to run that risk unnecessarily. So race tracks were created, where the activity is accepted and desired. Consider it like the sewer, where shit is supposed to go.

Not everything in a sewer is shit, and I do not think racing is shitting. Shitting is a good thing, and so is racing. But putting shit in public is a bad thing, and certainly not random or something that just happens.

Now, it may be a thrill to shit in public, but others are negatively impacted. Sometimes you gotta take a shit. Sometimes you can be constipated, in which case you gotta push harder on your own. "If you don't push yourself, what fun is life?" Life is no fun if your full of shit and don't push it out, and you've got to do it yourself - ain't nobody gonna help you (unless you need a proctologist).

Push that shit out in the goddamned bathroom. It's especially tough to tolerate a shit on the street when everyone knows there are places set aside to do it. It is worse when there are a couple of people competing to figure out whose shit is bigger and smellier, and even who can shit faster. You can go to a bathroom, but what fun is that when you can show everyone outside on the street so proudly how big, smelly and runny your shit is! And it's especially fun knowing that you can get caught for it. And we can all die taking a shit - it happened to Elvis.

If somebody steps in it, well, shit happens, right? It's all that person's fault. That person should have been looking more carefully for that dump that was deliberately and intentionally put there for an unsuspecting person to look out for.

Shit happens, indeed. And shit happens because of the shitter. The shitter determines how, when and where the shit happens. You can't expect a person who needs to take a shit to hold it, can you? THat sucks.

Usually its only the shitter that gets in trouble. It's unfortunate when somebody gets shit on. And I personally would take offense by being needlessly exposed to shit because the shitter either felt the need to shit on others or decided he just couldn't help himself, instead of taking his or her shit where it belongs.

Where and when "shit happen" is most certainly not a freak occurrence. And how "shit happens" is well known. To disregard this is to shit on others. in the case of this, the guy shit on two. She also shat on himself, something that we learn from an early age not to do.

Take it to the fucking track.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Did you ever stop to think of how many innocent motorcyclists are T-Boned (killed, maimed, paralyzed, take your pick) on a daily basis by SUV drivnig, cellphone talkin' jerkoffs?

We all do stupid things from time to time. I almost rolled sideswiped a motorcycle rider myself when I couldn't look left while switching lanes - I could have dropped my phone. It's hard to keep your phone on one ear, eat a McMuffin, have hot coffee between your legs and drive with your knees, but if you don't push yourself, what fun is life?

It's unfortunate that others die because of an SUV driving, cellphone talkin' jerkoff, but they are a freak occurences - usually it's just the driver that gets his dick scalded or spills some ketchup on his shirt.

When a riders get clipped, they are just classic and profoundly sad cases of "shit happens."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That shit makes a lot of sense.

It really is amazing that there is no limit for either cars or motorcycles for how powerful they are. In so many other ways are freedoms are limited, but overwhelmingly powerful vehicles have not been affected.

I know that I can't resist the temptation to twist the throttle or step on the pedal of vehicles that are so powerful to be entertaining. I also know that I should never own such a vehicle, for I probably won't live very long.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That shit makes a lot of sense.

It really is amazing that there is no limit for either cars of motorcycles for how powerful they are. In so many other ways are freedoms are limited, but overwhelmingly powerful vehicles have not been affected.

I know that I can't resist the temptation to twist the throttle or step on the pedal of vehicles that are so powerful to be entertaining. I also know that I should never own such a vehicle, for I probably won't live very long.

I remember someone saying in rec.skydiving some time ago that the safest car in the world would be made of glass and have a long, sharp spike sticking out of the middle of the steering wheel.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

We all do stupid things from time to time. I almost rolled sideswiped a motorcycle rider myself when I couldn't look left while switching lanes - I could have dropped my phone. It's hard to keep your phone on one ear, eat a McMuffin, have hot coffee between your legs and drive with your knees.......

Pretty much what I'd expect from a pencil pushin' ambulance chaser :D:D:D

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports