JeepDiver

The Faces of Meth

What a waste of life.

Their lives. Their choices.

just as long as "thier choices" dont involved taking out me, my wife, my family, or anyone else for that matter, while high on thier "i cant handle life so i am gonna puss out and take this drug" high.

I believe a person's rights to make their own choices end where they infringe on another's rights to make their own choices. If drugs were legal, we could get rid of a lot of drug related crime, as they'd be cheaper (and the government could tax them and make money off of people's stupidity, rather than spend money putting potheads in jail), and we'd wipe out a black market of druglords, all in one move.

in reply to "If it wasn't for HIPPA, I would be taking some of my friends there on a field trip to learn a true lesson. "

If only every young person had something worthwhile to do and a bright future to look forward to then the drug problem would dissolve and become a distant echo of a troubled past that is our present.

Stay safe naturally ...it's more fun and lasts longer too.
:)B| :)

Mostly it looks like someone's been beating them up.

The Portland police perhaps? They're well known for excessive violence.

i know it's late but, you're known for excessive ignorance so, it all equals out i guess...:S:)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

If only every young person had something worthwhile to do and a bright future to look forward to then the drug problem would dissolve and become a distant echo of a troubled past that is our present.

then why do so many young people with something worthwhile to do and bright futures still become addicts? I wish it were that simple.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

then why do so many young people with something worthwhile to do and bright futures still become addicts? I wish it were that simple.

linz

Trae,

I have to agree with this. The drug problem in the US has very little to do with a lack of worthwhile alternatives for young people. Alternatives are plentiful but drug use is really pervasive.

Walt

i know it's late but, you're known for excessive ignorance so, it all equals out i guess...:S:)

WOW. Are you just going to stalk me and insult me in whatever thread I participate in?

It must be all that thinking about my posts in those gay threads. Kinda hard to get me out of your mind, huh?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Most of those are sores and lesions from malnutrition.

The horible effects of meth are real.

Those are caused my self mutilation...not malnutrition. although malnutrition does play a role in the changing of there faces along with the chemicals in the drug itself. Mostly these people FEEL there is something on there or in there face so they start picking and picking and picking at there faces skin etc.....

They feel something there because there is somethign there. Methamphetamine dissolves in the blood, but has a tendency to recrystallize. These small crystals can be deposited under the skin. The irritation leads to scratching (it's been described as being like chiggers, though not quite that bad).

The skin gets scratched, which leaves it open. Generally, the hygiene of the meth user ain't so great, which leaves it also highly susceptible to infection.

I've seen them a lot. It's a shame.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It is weird- I know a lot of people that have done pretty much everything, but I do not know anyone that has done Meth. Is it more common in some parts of the US vs. others??

I know ppl that do/have done acid, crack, heroin, coke, ex, etc. BUT not Meth!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

It is weird- I know a lot of people that have done pretty much everything, but I do not know anyone that has done Meth. Is it more common in some parts of the US vs. others??

I know ppl that do/have done acid, crack, heroin, coke, ex, etc. BUT not Meth!

I'm in Fresno. The Central Valley of California. It's omnipresent here. Meth has overtaken crack as thw biggie.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

People discuss all the information that is available. This is yours.

New, and better supported, information has been presented. It provides a better explanation.

I've know people who were beaten by police. Actually, a lot of them earned it. (Some of my acquaintances are troublemakers.) However, usually the police seem to have enough problems to deal with, without adding to it.

Jumping to the police violence explanation immediately seemed like just an opportunity to say something nasty about them. It didn't seem like a valid comment to propose first.

No doubt one of the rare - and very fortunate - ones?

Yup. He was also one of the few who managed to keep his job and eat well enough to not turn into a skeleton while using.

Happily, today he is completely clean. He quit doing meth 7 years ago, quit drinking 4 years ago and quit smoking dope 3 years ago. He's now a "productive member of society" - owns a house, has a long term girlfriend and a wonderful kid and recently started his own business.

The entire family is very proud of how he has turned his life around.

It didn't seem like a valid comment to propose first.

I don't know what world you live in but in Portland if you see twelve mugshots with wounds on their faces, police brutality is an excellent first guess.

I also would not put it past Portland's good law enforcement professionals to then publish their handiwork and blame it on the suspects.

I lived in Portland for decades and even though I had no personal problems with the police, it's well known that a thorough beating is common treatment.

Edited to add: Unlike most people, I take "innocent until proven guilty" seriously. I do not ASSUME that these people are guilty of anything just because the police take a gruesome picture and publish it.

I also don't ASSUME the police beat these people either. But I'm aware of the very real possibility and figure others should think about it as well.

Meth is really just about everywhere now. It is cheap, relatively easy to make, and multiple ways to take it. I have seen it in million dollar homes and crack shacks. from millionaires, truckers, to college students looking to stay up to cram for the test...on down to the whores we pick up once a week or so after getting the tar knocked out of em.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I knew a guy when I was in Colorado who was really well known in the business world there..he had EVERYTHING an individual would dream of having! He was on the top of his game..discovered meth..and long story short ended up needing a driver and help to get his normal day to day "chores" done...then the driver stole his car, and his money and eventually his home...this Wall Street genius ended up on the streets of downtown Denver. Lost everything due to his addiction to meth..then at the young age of 42...meth was his existence...and he died with nothing but a 20 yr old daughter asking what else she could've done to stop the madness. I was close with his daughter since we worked together..it was hard to see her be the bug on the wall and not knowing what to do..nor be able to advise her of anything.

For fuck's sake, are you so blinded by your liberal mindset that you cannot realize that some people are just useless pieces of shit who fuck themselves over, and are the only ones responsible for their crappy life?!?

No, apparently it's always the fault of the state.

I'm fucking glad you left this country. One less whiny-ass voice to give the rest of us a fucking headache.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

For fuck's sake, are you so blinded by your liberal mindset

You're calling me "liberal" because it's the only insult you know. That doesn't speak well for your temper OR your vocabulary.

that you cannot realize that some people are just useless pieces of shit who fuck themselves over, and are the only ones responsible for their crappy life?!?

On the other hand, you assume everyone accused by the police is a "useless piece of shit". I assume everyone's innocent until proven guilty. Which of us is the better American?

No, apparently it's always the fault of the state.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when self-proclaimed conservatives are defending the state's infallibility and calling me a liberal for defending individual rights. Have you people forgotten ALL of history?

I'm fucking glad you left this country. One less whiny-ass voice to give the rest of us a fucking headache.

I recommend sweetened chammomile tea and a little time away from the computer. You're letting this get to you.

Actually I think people out there would really be surprised at how many "lifers" there are. I've been fortunate enough to meet people with regular jobs, families, mortgages etc.. who use just enough get high but limit it to keep it together. You would NEVER know what they are up to. Just wanted to put this out there for folks who think all meth heads have sores and are malnourished, hit rock bottom and live on the streets

Ginny.