Andy9o8

Bush authorized domestic wiretaps without warrants

The Bush administration believes it is above the law, and this is just more evidence of that fact.

Witness the detaining of people in a variety of "camps" and the administrations efforts to find away around the Geneva convention so they could torture people.

Bush does what he thinks is necessary and the law be damned!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

A few years ago... oh in around 1215 (year not time! yeah, I know, you dont do history:P) ... we had this little thing called the Magna Carta, which essentialy told our leaders (King John in this inst') that they are NOT above the law..... It's maybe about now, that you chaps consider having a quite little chat with The Shrub and remind him that he works for YOU and not the other way around.... Hey, just a thought..... it could work.... if not you lot really are fucked.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

A few years ago... oh in around 1215 (year not time! yeah, I know, you dont do history:P) ... we had this little thing called the Magna Carta, which essentialy told our leaders (King John in this inst') that they are NOT above the law..... It's maybe about now, that you chaps consider having a quite little chat with The Shrub and remind him that he works for YOU and not the other way around.... Hey, just a thought..... it could work.... if not you lot really are fucked.

I'm old enough to remember the Nixon administration. It thought itself above the law.

Unfortunately the Bush (2) administration seems to have found Nixon's playbook and some of his old cronies (Cheney, Rumsfeld...) and is trying to re-live those days.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Bush administration believes it is above the law, and this is just more evidence of that fact.

Witness the detaining of people in a variety of "camps" and the administrations efforts to find away around the Geneva convention so they could torture people.

I wonder what kind of shoes you wear?

Cause you are going to get to tell us how they taste.

Anybody bashing Bush on this topic better do some research or thier own words will be choking them.

Again, most of you lefties will only believe your own research so you had better go a looking.

There is way more to this story than the left and the main stream media wants to talk about
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I will but, do you own research.
Find out who in congress have known about this since 2003. Find out why the article in the paper comes out now when the one with the info has known about it for 2 years.

Find out the relationship between the leaker, the paper, the info, and the soon to be released book.

More to come........

You can do it....I know you can, if I found out kallend already knows.....:S
Abraham Lincoln

Kallend your killing me again. You know I can't stand pain, it hurts me. But this domestic wiretap crap is justified and limited in scope with oversite from the US congress. This was a highly classified operation and those that leaked this information to our Enemies i.e. NYT should be placed on trail and sent away for some much needed rest.

Congress has been brief more than 2 dozen times concerning the NSA activity within our country. Every 45 days there is a legal review and the Congress Dem/Rep leaders are briefed.

The NYTs and the extreme left can kiss my ass. The President has not been operating in hiding or in secret. You people amaze me with this stupidity.

Maybe just maybe with several more attacks taking the lives of say 50,000, hell how about 100,000 lives in places like Vermont or say Berkley will the left decide to act. (Not Likely but possible)

However im never surprised by the educated derelicts that find themselves here from time to time. I've never have spent so much of my time reading crap from so many cry babies, go out and do something positive and spend alittle less time here on DZ.com, you might just find some joy in life.

You guys from Canada need not worry about us old chaps here in the US, we will continue to keep the bad guys from kicking your ass as we always have. For the guys and gals from the UK I'll except some angry words, after all your country men have put their asses on the line as we have.

So Mike..... you'd support the..... "If you've done nothing wrong, then you've got nothing to worry about" - Crap?
Infringments of our fundamental rights were hard earned and if lost, would be hard to win back..... Be careful what you give away too easily....

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

and is trying to re-live those days.

Ha ha LOL, now that is kinda funny, considering that GWB most likely can't even recall those years as he, reportedly, spent most of his days back then in a cocaine and alcohol induced haze.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I wonder what kind of shoes you wear?

Cause you are going to get to tell us how they taste.

Anybody bashing Bush on this topic better do some research or thier own words will be choking them.

Again, most of you lefties will only believe your own research so you had better go a looking.

There is way more to this story than the left and the main stream media wants to talk about

Better check your facts - I'm not a lefty! You don't have to be on the left to understand the truth.

How that shoe taste? :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I'm old enough to remember the Nixon administration. It thought itself above the law.

Unfortunately the Bush (2) administration seems to have found Nixon's playbook and some of his old cronies (Cheney, Rumsfeld...) and is trying to re-live those days.

I agree 100%. The difference: Nixon had a Congress with a Democratic majority so he couldn't get away with it.

Keep looking

I don't have to chew leather yet!:D

This story is in it's early stages but the left doesn't care. It is all about damaging Bush.

This story has nothing to do within the context of the headline........

In his radio address (today) he did not deny this is happening. Did you find that?
Abraham Lincoln

Find out who in congress have known about this since 2003. Find out why the article in the paper comes out now when the one with the info has known about it for 2 years.

The news reports quote several senators, some on the intelligence committees, some republicans, as saying they never knew that this was what was happening.

This is a very typical of issues dividing americans.
1 Left wing make an outrageous claim
2 Right wing strongly deny that it happens
3 President and aids deny it ever happened
4 Press publish story
5 cycle back to 1 several times
6 President makes a statement confirming press but justifies his actions in the name of security or the war on terrorism.
7 Bush supporters defend his actions
8 Rest of us express our discontent in some way and get bashed by bush supporters in some way, this time we are accused of "being funny".

This president is overstepping the mark, he is not above the law, he has to act within it. I have not heard a reason why they could not have used the existing secret court for authorizing this, there are even provisions for emergencies that let them do this for up to 72 hours without a court order. The ultimate result of all these citizen rights and checks and balances being removed is a police state.

The news reports quote several senators, some on the intelligence committees, some republicans, as saying they never knew that this was what was happening.

This is a very typical of issues dividing americans.
1 Left wing make an outrageous claim
2 Right wing strongly deny that it happens
3 President and aids deny it ever happened
4 Press publish story
5 cycle back to 1 several times
6 President makes a statement confirming press but justifies his actions in the name of security or the war on terrorism.
7 Bush supporters defend his actions
8 Rest of us express our discontent in some way and get bashed by bush supporters in some way, this time we are accused of "being funny".

This president is overstepping the mark, he is not above the law, he has to act within it. I have not heard a reason why they could not have used the existing secret court for authorizing this, there are even provisions for emergencies that let them do this for up to 72 hours without a court order. The ultimate result of all these citizen rights and checks and balances being removed is a police state.

chew.....chew....chew......chew...........
Abraham Lincoln