Andy9o8

Bush authorized domestic wiretaps without warrants

If GWB gets a BJ in the Oval Office it will be quite OK because Clinton Did It First

I will see your Blowjob and raise you a Kennedy Affair with Marilyn Monroe.

I'll see your JFK affair with Marilyn Monroe & raise you an Eisenhower affair with Kay Summersby.

Not so, this was upheld as late as 2004........

The key word in my last post was "in my opinion". I've disagreed with lots of judges' rulings. I also know lots of stupid or intellectually dishonest judges. But, they've got the power, and I don't. They may win the day, but I still think I'm right and they're wrong.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/us-judge-resigns-over-bugging-row/2005/12/21/1135032080292.html

US judge resigns over bugging row

A US federal judge has resigned from the court that oversees government surveillance in intelligence cases in protest at President George Bush's secret authorisation of a domestic spying program.

US District Judge James Robertson, one of 11 members of the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, sent a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts on Tuesday notifying him of his resignation, without explanation.

Two associates said that Mr Robertson privately expressed deep concern that the warrant-less surveillance program authorised by the President in 2001 was legally questionable and may have tainted the surveillance court's work.

---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

your paranoia is amazing

....and your post is a sssstttttrrrrrrrreeeeeeettttcccchhhh at best.

You must see no logical line where something goes to far and is done for a reason other than just desent? (and the attempt to reaquire power through lies) There is so many facts that completly blow the media attempt to make this a crime away. And you lefties call Republicans sheep:S

You want to talk topics then quit attacking a personality. You want to debate an issue, then quit labeling people with degrading names when they do not agree with you. You want to be taken seriously, then treat others as though they have a brain too.

If you can't do this, then the facts will be continually thrown at you and I can keep shaking my head.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'll see your JFK affair with Marilyn Monroe & raise you an Eisenhower affair with Kay Summersby

I will see that affair with Eisenhower and raise you a 20 year affair of Alice Glass and Lyndon B Johnson.

See you, and I'll raise you Warren Harding's illegitimate child.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll see your JFK affair with Marilyn Monroe & raise you an Eisenhower affair with Kay Summersby

I will see that affair with Eisenhower and raise you a 20 year affair of Alice Glass and Lyndon B Johnson.

I'll see your Glass & LBJ and raise you a Calvin Coolidge & Ernestine Hinckle.

Alright, I wondered when this would be posted:)

Oh ya, this guy really stands up for the truth:D:D

Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2005 9:53 a.m. EST
Resigned FISA Judge a Committed Clintonista

The press is breathlessly reporting that U.S. District Judge James Robertson has resigned from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court - "apparently" in a fit of conscience over news that President Bush was using the National Security Agency to monitor the telephone conversations of terrorists.

If the reports are correct, Judge Robertson's conscience has evolved considerably since the days when he was dismissing one criminal case after another against cronies of Bill Clinton - the man who appointed him to the bench in 1994.

Old Arkansas media hand Paul Greenberg has long had Robertson's number. In a 1999 column for Jewish World Review, Greenberg described the honorable judge as "one of the more prejudiced Clintonoids on the bench."

As Accuracy in Media noted in 2000, Judge Roberston's conscience wasn't particularly troubled by the crimes committed by one-time Clinton Deputy Attorney General Webb Hubbell.

In two cases involving Hubbell, AIM reported, "Judge James Robertson threw out a tax charge and another for lying to federal investigators. Appellate courts overruled in both cases, and Hubbell then plead guilty to felonies in each case."

Judge Robertson's conscience also seemed to go AWOL when it came to the case of Archie Schaffer, an executive with Tyson Chicken - the company that had showered Mr. Clinton with campaign contributions and helped steer Mrs. Clinton to her commodities market killing.

Critics said Judge Robertson was merely returning the favor on behalf of the man who appointed him, when - as CNN reported in 1998, he "threw out the jury conviction of Tyson Foods executive Archie Schaffer for providing gifts to former Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy."

Robertson had "granted a motion by Schaffer to overturn the verdict which found him guilty of giving Espy tickets to President Bill Clinton's first inaugural dinner and gifts at a birthday party for the firm's chief executive, Don Tyson."

In the context of his past performance on the bench, Judge Robertson's media fans will surely understand why some of us aren't buying their claims that he stormed off the FISA court in a fit of outrage over perceived law breaking.
Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2005 9:53 a.m. EST
Abraham Lincoln

your paranoia is amazing

You must see no logical line where something goes to far and is done for a reason other than just desent? (and the attempt to reaquire power through lies) There is so many facts that completly blow the media attempt to make this a crime away. And you lefties call Republicans sheep

DUDE.. get real here the paranoia by every republican administration in the last 40 years of the media is legendary and yet they keep pulling the same shit over and over. Want illegal wars... sure no problem we will do it with plausible deniability by some underlings and sell these weapons to fund others down here in Central Amerca... the same people keep doing the same stuf.. the list is endless... and all of it is based on fear fear fear commie commie commie..
war war war....terroist terrorist terrorist.. more fear fear fear. have you taken the time to actually look who started their careers under Nixon. Nixon was PATHELOGICAL in his paranoia... just listen to the tapes.. oh thats right it does not fit into your fantasy world of administration( good guys) lefties ( bad guys... read that...anyone who does not agree with fascists in the administration. IF YOU AINT WITH US YOU ARE AGAINST US. That right there SHOUTS VOLUMES)

your paranoia is amazing

You must see no logical line where something goes to far and is done for a reason other than just desent? (and the attempt to reaquire power through lies) There is so many facts that completly blow the media attempt to make this a crime away. And you lefties call Republicans sheep

DUDE.. get real here the paranoia by every republican administration in the last 40 years of the media is legendary and yet they keep pulling the same shit over and over. Want illegal wars... sure no problem we will do it with plausible deniability by some underlings and sell these weapons to fund others down here in Central Amerca... the same people keep doing the same stuf.. the list is endless... and all of it is based on fear fear fear commie commie commie..
war war war....terroist terrorist terrorist.. more fear fear fear. have you taken the time to actually look who started their careers under Nixon. Nixon was PATHELOGICAL in his paranoia... just listen to the tapes.. oh thats right it does not fit into your fantasy world of administration( good guys) lefties ( bad guys... read that...anyone who does not agree with fascists in the administration. IF YOU AINT WITH US YOU ARE AGAINST US. That right there SHOUTS VOLUMES)

Wow, I really don't know how you believe all of this so I will back away very slowly............back........it's ok..............:S
Abraham Lincoln

I'll see your Coolidge&Hinckle and raise you a Roosevelt and Lucy Mercer Rutherford.

I'll see your Coolidge&Hinckle and raise you a Roosevelt and Lucy Mercer Rutherford.

Aw the hell with it I will go all in .... wiht Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings. I mean Hell sleepin with your black slave... whatever will all the righties think of that.

It's bad enough that you admit cut and paste jobs from Newsmax, but to paste the same Newsmax article TWICE in the same post really makes you look even more foolish.

Sheesh!

First off, what is factully wrong with the info? hhmmmmm
Second, I cut some of the commentay from the article
Third, I see you once again avoid the info and
Fourth, I hoped if I put it in there twice it might sink in:o

.....no, actually, my mouse is going bad[:/];)
Abraham Lincoln

I'll see your FDR & Rutherford & raise you a Ronald Reagan & Nancy Davis (he was married to Jane Wyman at the time, BTW)

Not so, this was upheld as late as 2004........

The key word in my last post was "in my opinion". I've disagreed with lots of judges' rulings. I also know lots of stupid or intellectually dishonest judges. But, they've got the power, and I don't. They may win the day, but I still think I'm right and they're wrong.

Gotcha, and that is the kind of discusion that should be going on. Sorry I missed your point[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Rushmc,

Thought I throw alittle tid bit out there for everyone to chew on.

A trader to our country by the name of Aldrich Ames comes to mind. The Clinton administration without a warrent or congressional approvel or knowledge kicked in the door of an American Citizen.

They went sneaking around gathering intel and placing wire tapes without so much as telling one single judge. Jamie Gorelick in a statement before the House Committe said, "We relied on the inherent authority of the president to conduct warrantless searches."

"The Department of Justice believes and the case law supports that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes and that the president may, as he has done delegate this authority to the Attorney General." Clinton Deputy Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick said in 1994 testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Looks like the Dems are once again chasing tail, Sen. Boxer, should not open her mouth, she comes across alittle smarter when she remains silent.

Rushmc,

A trader to our country by the name of Aldrich Ames comes to mind. The Clinton administration without a warrent or congressional approvel or knowledge kicked in the door of an American Citizen.

They went sneaking around gathering intel and placing wire tapes without so much as telling one single judge. Jamie Gorelick in a statement before the House Committe said, "We relied on the inherent authority of the president to conduct warrantless searches."

"The Department of Justice believes and the case law supports that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes and that the president may, as he has done delegate this authority to the Attorney General." Clinton Deputy Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick said in 1994 testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Looks like the Dems are once again chasing tail, Sen. Boxer, should not open her mouth, she comes across alittle smarter when she remains silent.

You explained it better than I could. I did refer to this incident earlier when I was pointing out thier hypocrosy! This WAS and American Citizen and the Dems did not scream foul here. And neither will I ! This guy would have gotten shot in war time.

Thanks for the better info!
Abraham Lincoln

Rushmc,

You explained it better than I could. I did refer to this incident earlier when I was pointing out thier hypocrosy! This WAS and American Citizen and the Dems did not scream foul here. And neither will I ! This guy would have gotten shot in war time.

Thanks for the better info!

How does a CDIF argument make the further erosion of civil liberties under Bush a wonderful thing?

What is the point of having a Bill of Rights if the government (of any party) can just authorize itself to ignore it?

Would you like it if some future government authorized itself to override the 2nd Amendment?

Try very hard to answer without mentioning Clinton.

Would you like it if some future government authorized itself to override the 2nd Amendment?

Want to lay odds that is coming BEFORE the 2008 elections? Tommy Franks certainly believes in this scenario. Just one more terrorist attack with WMD and martial law will be declared and the military will be running things.

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml

I used newsmax to ensure right wing approval.