Andy9o8

Bush authorized domestic wiretaps without warrants

And at the same, the same liberals, think it is perfectly acceptable to keep detailed records on gun owners, as to what guns they've purchased, from whom, when and where.

Hmmm I thought the whole registering guns thing was in response toleft wing radicals in the late 1960's by the Nixon Administration who paranoid of EVERYONE.
Look up Gun Control Act of 1968
Here I looked it up for you
http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm

An interesting side note.
http://www.jpfo.org/GCA_68.htm

OOOPs there goes that arguement. I remember this was a way to get guns out of the hands of the Black Panthers.. the Weather Underground Etc.

And at the same, the same liberals, think it is perfectly acceptable to keep detailed records on gun owners, as to what guns they've purchased, from whom, when and where.

Hmmm I thought the whole registering guns thing was in response toleft wing radicals in the late 1960's by the Nixon Administration who paranoid of EVERYONE.

OOOPs there goes that arguement. I remember this was a way to get guns out of the hands of the Black Panthers.. the Weather Underground Etc.

:D:D:D:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

GCA 68 was a response to the Bobby Kennedy and MLK assassinations, and, if I recall, was Johnson's baby, not Nixon's...

Still looks to me that JR's postulation was essentially correct...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Still looks to me that JR's postulation was essentially correct...

Thank you for having the intellectual capacity to recognize what I was saying about our current situation today, and to not get side-tracked by Amazon's off-topic reply about the possible history of gun registration 40 years ago. :)

Could you or anyone else here explain to me how the process of who will be singled out as a terrorist,or extremist cell operative slated for warrentless search/ wire tapping be conducted? Will a black list be started?
I want to know because while I want "terrorist" acts to be prevented world wide as we all do. I do not want to end up on such a list because of lets say for example I own an AK47 (legally) and I like to target shoot, a lot. Also while I consider myself a pretty good citizen I have a lot of criticism for the govt. does that make me a terrorist? Who decides and where does the line get drawn?

Yo! do you mind? can't you see I'm postin' over here ?
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

This program, as stated, is to work with calls from or to US citizens (or outsiders in the US) from/to "KNOWN" or suspected al queda agents not in the US.

Foreign ineligence is the key here.

As for Amazons responce well, she is wearing a tin foil hats from what I am told:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This program, as stated, is to work with calls from or to US citizens (or outsiders in the US) from/to "KNOWN" or suspected al queda agents not in the US.

We have their word on that, right? A case of 'trust me, I'm from the govt and I'm here to help you'?

What bothers me is that if they want to take it further and tap pretty much anyone they want ...who's to stop them?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

We have their word on that, right? A case of 'trust me, I'm from the govt and I'm here to help you'?

What bothers me is that if they want to take it further and tap pretty much anyone they want ...who's to stop them?

I have to ask ...what do you want? I may be that the FISA law may be unconstituional to begin with. So, what do you want? Hell, nothing is an absolute. My next question would be is, who would you rather see with this power, Bush or Hilary?
This is the president of the US. The primary concern of the the President is to protect US people and the US Constitution. Is there anyone you would trust with this power, or do you just hate Bush?
Abraham Lincoln

As for Amazons responce well, she is wearing a tin foil hats from what I am told

ONLY while watching Signs....:P

Foreign ineligence
is the key here.

Must not do a PJ .. must not do a PJ...:ph34r:

Now back on topic.. do YOU trust our administration implicitly???? I guess so.. you think that whatever they do is ok???

What the hell lets leak secret information to smear a critic.....oh thats right they are moral and good and would never do that.....

PERSONALLY I think they are spying on critics of the war.. just like they learned how to do back under Tricky Dicky...they cant help themselves, its just in their nature.

I think they are just trying to relive their youth...and usurping power.
Dickiepoos resume includes.....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/vicepresident/

His career in public service began in 1969 when he joined the Nixon Administration, serving in a number of positions at the Cost of Living Council, at the Office of Economic Opportunity, and within the White House.

When Gerald Ford assumed the Presidency in August 1974, Mr. Cheney served on the transition team and later as Deputy Assistant to the President. In November 1975, he was named Assistant to the President and White House Chief of Staff, a position he held throughout the remainder of the Ford Administration.

Rummy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld#Nixon_Administration

Rumsfeld resigned from Congress in 1969 during his fourth term to serve in the Nixon Administration as Director of the United States Office of Economic Opportunity, Assistant to the President, and a member of the President's Cabinet (1969-1970); Counselor to the President, Director of the Economic Stabilization Program; and member of the President's Cabinet (1971-1972).

They told everyone they were going to Invade Iraq in 2000.... guess yall were not listening... oh that is right Bush is honorable.. and would NEVER break his word about nation building...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld#Nixon_Administration

Pertinint information about Runmmy and the war in Iraq to come( 1998 to 2000)

Rumsfeld was a founder and active member of the Project for the New American Century, whose goal is to "promote American global leadership" and which in September 2000 proposed to invade Iraq. He signed the 1998 PNAC Letter sent to President Bill Clinton advocating the use of force in Iraq to "protect our vital interests in the gulf".

I have to ask ...what do you want? I may be that the FISA law may be unconstituional to begin with. So, what do you want? Hell, nothing is an absolute. My next question would be is, who would you rather see with this power, Bush or Hilary?
This is the president of the US. The primary concern of the the President is to protect US people and the US Constitution. Is there anyone you would trust with this power, or do you just hate Bush?

Other than I am embarassed that our president is stupid, I have nothing particularly against bush. I mean, come on, it's not like he's actually guiding policy or anything. :)

I trust no president, past, present or future, with this power. Do you?
-----------------------

Other than I am embarassed that our president is stupid, I have nothing particularly against bush. I mean, come on, it's not like he's actually guiding policy or anything. :)

I think Rushmc is actually Dick Cheney posting here under an assumed name.;)

Contrary to your post, I do not trust any administation completely. But neither do I think they are all evil to the point of paranioa.

On the other hand, you make the statement that you think they are spying on critics of the war. Bring on the data, give some evidence and I will line up behind you wanting this admin out. But you do not have any. So who crazy here. You would have this admin in jail by now for what,.........crazy, unsubstantiated accusations.

You like to bring up Nixon?? I don't care about Nixon. Yes history is important but not to the point of paranioa.

Clinton used the IRS to punish his enemies, is that relevant to this discussion?

I keep forgetting though that for the left it is the seriousness of the accusation. NO evidence required
Abraham Lincoln

He has a higher IQ than the smartest President ever (Clinton). And I enjoy how a stupid man makes all his critics look more stupid than you think he is.

This "stupid" president (I can't believe I am replying to someone who uses name calling in a debate) has had a great year. The left has yet to stop almost anything his is doing.

Who is stupid?
Abraham Lincoln

He has a higher IQ than the smartest President ever (Clinton). And I enjoy how a stupid man makes all his critics look more stupid than you think he is.

This "stupid" president (I can't believe I am replying to someone who uses name calling in a debate) has had a great year. The left has yet to stop almost anything his is doing.

Who is stupid?

You ARE Dick Cheney, aren't you.

That has to one of the most ridiculous posts ever.

Who is stupid?

You ARE Dick Cheney, aren't you.

That has to one of the most ridiculous posts ever.

I wish I were Dick Cheney but so sad I am not but,
I want to thank you for making my point.
Abraham Lincoln

Who is stupid?

You honestly believe dubya is intelligent?!?!?! I know you have difficulty supressing your "but Clinton" knee jerk reaction to criticizms of your heroes, but to compare your ideological prince to a Rhodes Scholar should reveal (even to you) the absurdity of your response.

Michael Jordon is tall, Water is wet and Dubya is stupid. Sorry if you don't like it (I don't either ;) but the man is stupid.

Rhetoric aside (as you profess to prefer more refined discussion :) how bout answering the question?

I trust no president, past, present or future, with this power. Do you? (I can't believe I'm responding to someone who won't respond to a simple question ...and stop calling me a name caller, you ...name caller :)~

jen

P.S. You need better bait than that, bubba. ;)
-----------------------

Who is stupid?

You honestly believe dubya is intelligent?!?!?! I know you have difficulty supressing your "but Clinton" knee jerk reaction to criticizms of your heroes, but to compare your ideological prince to a Rhodes Scholar should reveal (even to you) the absurdity of your response.

Michael Jordon is tall, Water is wet and Dubya is stupid. Sorry if you don't like it (I don't either ;) but the man is stupid.

Rhetoric aside (as you profess to prefer more refined discussion :) how bout answering the question?

Yes, because we have too. The President of the US first and most important job is to protect the people and the constitution.

Would I trust them to the point of no oversite? No, that is why the framers created the 3 branches. In this case the president did give inform the 4 leaders in the inteligence commitee. Two of the Dem players on that committee addmtted that on meet the press not 30 minutes ago. Is that a direct enough answer for you ?

And for the smarts of our President well, you just keep thinking you way and I will watch this man make his political detractors look stupid:o..as he has been doing........
Abraham Lincoln

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, because we have too.

I hope with every fiber in my soul that you are correct.

BTW-

Howdy Doody seemed intelligent also ...but he had Buffalo Bob's hand up his ass determining how he moved and what he said. :)~
-----------------------