Treejumps

10 million Mexicans

It occured to me the other day that a full 10 percent of the Mexican population has illegally moved into the US. That is a full on invasion of our country. Its time to militerize the boarder and defend our country from this invasion.

Argument from the left: "OH, but we need these people for our economy to work." Bullshit. Before all these illegals moved in seasonal construction work, landscaping, and hospitality work was done by college kids out of school for the summer. Also, I've heard reports (On NPR all you lefties, so you know it must be true) about a guy who moved to Vegas and started a lawn care business. He works mostly by himself and makes $100K a year doing what a a half dozen illegal mexicans will do for the same money. Clearly we don't "need" them in these jobs.

From the left: "Oh, but they are just trying to make a liviing for their families." Great, do it legally and I support it fully. You can't run a country if you don't know how many and of who is living here. Why even have legal immigration if we won't stop these criminals. Also, while your at it, tell the people who live in LA where there are gangs of as many as 50,000 illegal mexicans wreaking havok on their communities.

There is no left and right on this issue. There are laws and they must be enforced. These peole (for the most part) aren't here to aspire to the American way. The won't follow the laws and they don't or can't learn the language. Ultimately the US will start to look more like Mexico, a third world shit hole. Want proof, just look at communities that have high concentrations of Mexicans. They are always the worst looking areas of a city or town.

Thanks goodness for the MinuteMan project and the peopl willing to stand up for America. If only our politicians had any backbone.

I totally agree with the idea that if, anyone, wants to live permanently in the United States... do it legally! Go through the process to become a citizen. I get tired of hearing how they only take the jobs folks in this country won't do. Check the assembly lines and factories in this country. Birth certificates, drivers licenses and Social Security cards are available to illegal aliens... for a price. Those that hire respond with; 'Well, they had all the right papers!' We just need to close our borders! I wonder if, the reason we don't is because of the U.S. owned factories and etc. in Mexico. I am not against anyone wanting to better themselves and provide their families with a better lifestyle. I am against those who don't want to go about it in the proper manner. I have heard this from Mexican-Americans who went through the 'proper channels' and became citizens. A lot of them don't like it either. We're rapidly running out of room in this country. Not to mention the increase in tuberculosis and other diseases we once had under control.

Chuck

IMO what he is saying is not xenophobia. There *is* an invasion going on, albeit an economic invasion rather than military. It's not like the illegals are evil--they are desperate people taking desperate measures and we are drowning in them.

Walt

I agree that you guys have a problem with illegal immigration, but it's too funny that you so openly put the blame on the lefties. Don't forget who's in power right now and who is turning a blind eye to the problem only to appease the Latino vote. It's everyone's problem and fault, not just the lefties ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

"These peole (for the most part) aren't here to aspire to the American way. The won't follow the laws and they don't or can't learn the language. Ultimately the US will start to look more like Mexico, a third world shit hole. Want proof, just look at communities that have high concentrations of Mexicans. They are always the worst looking areas of a city or town."

Sounds like xenophobia to me....

In South Africa, we have the strongest ecconomy in Africa, and democracy as well. We're a great target for people who want to improve their position in life, and we have many, many South Africans saying the same thing.

We call them "Racists."

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I agree that you guys have a problem with illegal immigration, but it's too funny that you so openly put the blame on the lefties. Don't forget who's in power right now and who is turning a blind eye to the problem only to appease the Latino vote. It's everyone's problem and fault, not just the lefties ...

Well said. This is one of the reasons I would not vote for Bush if he was able to run for a 3rd term. He's done a very piss poor job of protecting the borders. I predict this will be an issue in the next election.

There are areas where I live where illegals gather in the morning and wait for contractors to offer them day jobs. This affects the price of construction and remodeling because legitimate contractors cannot compete with those that hire these illegals. Legitimate contractors end up being forced to fire existing workers to hire the illegals or they can't stay in business. The countys' response has been to try to appropriate $170,000. to build a facility for the illegals with clean restrooms etc. Can't blame it all on Bush.

and we have many, many South Africans saying the same thing.

We call them "Racists."

agree or disagree,

wow - "people who say what you say are called racists"
from a greenie

In any case, this thread was doomed from the start.

What's in the water here? It's really contentious lately in the SC. But not in a good way, in more of a confrontative PA way. edit: this is a general comment here, not T specifically, feels like right before the election.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You got it!;) It IS everyone's fault! The politicians for 'allowing' the problem just to get votes, business, both big and small for hiring them and us citizens who sit-back and let it happen. I would not consider it a 'racist' issue though, in some cases it may be. I hate that word! Never the less. This was once a big nation. We're running out of room. I've said this before, thousands of acres of farm and ranchland is being lost to urban sprawl. We run out of land for crops and cattle... who is going to feed this country? Our self-reliance is gonna go right out the window. This country thinks no farther ahead than today! We don't plan for the future. We want it all... today. This may've been the 'Land of plenty' at one time but, I think, that thought has run it's course.

Chuck

Why would you call them racists? I don't care what race they are, what they are doing is illegal and damaging to our country.

If 10 million French tried to move in illegally I would have view. OK, bad example, but if any other country was doing what the Mexicans were doing it would be the same. People cry racisim to pull your eye off of the truth of the situation. I don't care about their race, I care about their ACTIONS.

It occured to me the other day that a full 10 percent of the Mexican population has illegally moved into the US. That is a full on invasion of our country. Its time to militerize the boarder and defend our country from this invasion.

Argument from the left: "OH, but we need these people for our economy to work." Bullshit. Before all these illegals moved in seasonal construction work, landscaping, and hospitality work was done by college kids out of school for the summer. Also, I've heard reports (On NPR all you lefties, so you know it must be true) about a guy who moved to Vegas and started a lawn care business. He works mostly by himself and makes $100K a year doing what a a half dozen illegal mexicans will do for the same money. Clearly we don't "need" them in these jobs.

From the left: "Oh, but they are just trying to make a liviing for their families." Great, do it legally and I support it fully. You can't run a country if you don't know how many and of who is living here. Why even have legal immigration if we won't stop these criminals. Also, while your at it, tell the people who live in LA where there are gangs of as many as 50,000 illegal mexicans wreaking havok on their communities.

There is no left and right on this issue. There are laws and they must be enforced. These peole (for the most part) aren't here to aspire to the American way. The won't follow the laws and they don't or can't learn the language. Ultimately the US will start to look more like Mexico, a third world shit hole. Want proof, just look at communities that have high concentrations of Mexicans. They are always the worst looking areas of a city or town.

Thanks goodness for the MinuteMan project and the peopl willing to stand up for America. If only our politicians had any backbone.

So i take it you are full, 100% blood line native American Indian then?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I agree. I voted for Bush twice and I am very disappointed in his handloing, or lack of handling this problem.

Maybe because he has his Latino nephew George P Bush campaigning the Latino vote for him?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

No. But that is not the question or the point, is it? This is another ploy to avoid the real issue.

You are suggesting that if I am not 100% American Indian that I must be here illegally. There is no logic in that.

The question is one of law and criminality, not nationality.

"These peole (for the most part) aren't here to aspire to the American way. The won't follow the laws and they don't or can't learn the language. Ultimately the US will start to look more like Mexico, a third world shit hole. Want proof, just look at communities that have high concentrations of Mexicans. They are always the worst looking areas of a city or town."

Sounds like xenophobia to me....

t

I can agree that it sounds like xenophobia, and I would not describe the situation in the same terms, but the rant pretty much describes the reality that I see in Houston, TX.

Personally, I don't see how trashy neighborhoods is relevant to the issue, but they definitely exist. The real issues are the economic and social impacts, and those issues affect all of us in the US.

Walt

No. But that is not the question or the point, is it? This is another ploy to avoid the real issue.

You are suggesting that if I am not 100% American Indian that I must be here illegally. There is no logic in that.

The question is one of law and criminality, not nationality.

In your first post you stated:

That is a full on invasion of our country.

How is it your country? If you and others are arguing that your country is being invaded yet are not native Americans, how can they invade a country that your own ancestory "invaded" themselves?

Isn't that double standards? Sure you were born and raised there, but so are many Mexican immigrants offspring too. What makes you so special?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

What makes you so special?

The fact that he's here legally, and in accordance with the current governing law of the land? The fact that he is a citizen? The fact that he was born within the borders of the US (and hence, is a citizen)?

Just a few things that might make him "special". Well that and he's one of the tallest people I've ever met.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The fault for this is on both sides because like you said both sides including the Right, will not address the issue in order to get the MEXICAN (not Latino) vote. Very very few of them have pure Latin blood lines. Aztec is much more prevalent among them.
Still; although politicians from the Right will not address the issue for fear of loosing votes, most of the voters on the are fed up. On the contrary most lefty voters have there head in the sand about all this and are calling the rest of us racists.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I think most people fled to the US not because they were outcasts but for the same exact reasons they do today - to make (or perceive they can make) a better lives for themselves and their families. The only difference is now, a tourist can barely make it past immigration without a struggle, let alone someone coming to settle there.

I for one am extremely glad you guys won your independence from the British. I don't think it's right for one country to be goverened by another, in an empirical way like what the Brits tried to do.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

What makes you so special?

The fact that he's here legally, and in accordance with the current governing law of the land? The fact that he is a citizen? The fact that he was born within the borders of the US (and hence, is a citizen)?

Just a few things that might make him "special". Well that and he's one of the tallest people I've ever met.

As i said, he might be there legally, born and bred. But trace his blood lines back. Somewhere you will find his ancestors who were not born and raised in the States, and who were not there legally. Just because his ancestory have moved on several generations, why should that change the fact that people now want to do exactly what his ancestors did way back when?

Anyone now legal in the States who was born and raised there got lucky. Somewhere, if you trace the family history back, you will find settlers who came over to make a life for themselves. They got in before immigration laws were tightened to the extent they are today. It's nothing short of luck and it will not stop people from trying to have a similar life to the ones anyone lucky enough to be a US citizen wants for themselves and their family.

Now, the argument about whether this is right or wrong is different. All i'm saying is, unless you are 100% blood line Native American, somewhere at some point, your ancestors were immigrants themselves.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

The only difference is now, a tourist can barely make it past immigration without a struggle, let alone someone coming to settle there.

There is also an extremely large difference in what you can get when you are here. Today's immigrants have access to a large set of publicly funded social services.

For what it's worth, I'd personally be in favor of totally open borders and immigration, coupled with zero social programs.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Right on! This country is OURS now. Those of us in the new millenium don't have much control over what happened over 100yrs. ago. This is the way it all played-out. To be honest, I'm not too thrilled with what happened to the Native Americans, either. There ain't a whole helluva lot I can do about that. I can do something about the here and now. Here and now, we have an illegal immigration problem. I think it's time our elected officials listen to the people and start doing something about the problem. JMO!

Chuck

Chuck