narcimund

End of the world

Good for who? Bad for who?
If all people were dead then good and bad would really not be relevant to us, we'd either be in oblivion or in .
Would it be good for the planet? Maybe, but only slightly better, and only in the long term.
In the short term, a lot of non-human life (pets, livestock, agriculture plantations) would die too because of their dependence on humans.
In my opinion, the planet suffers a 'loss' every time a species becomes extinct, and the same would be true if the extinct species were humans.

-
No 'mericans were harmed during the making of this post.

These rat bastards could nuke every city in the US... Stop the water... Kill electricity...

Wouldn't matter.. We'll keep plugging as usual.. Would be a bump in the road.. Might have to start some things over again.. But it wouldn't make a damned bit of difference.. Country folks can survive!! lol

How can that be even a questions?

Not only would you have to be suicidal you also would have to be full of hate to want such a thing.
You would want other people including people you love to die.

If my time has come I have no fear of death. But I would not wish it on my self or anyone.
Life is too good even when it’s bad it’s good.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>Good thing or bad thing?

"Good" and "bad" are human value judgements. Without humans there are no human value judgements. The ecosystem would probably improve overall once it got back into balance (i.e. after the fires, the extinctions etc.)

Is that sarcasm?

Did I miss something?

Or was I stating the obvious-If I was I guess I am just surprised that any one votes for the world to end. Especially a group like skydivers who I have noticed love to live life

I'm reading some sarcasm there, Darius. ;)

But, to be fair, it's not like there aren't plenty of radicals out there who aren't afraid to blow themsleves to pieces with the promise of heaven before them. If they're sure their loved ones are going to heaven too, it wouldn't matter if they died. It would be a good thing.

Not to mention there are enough people in the world WITHOUT loved ones who might think a big kaboom is the way to go... [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Yes there is crazy people every where and not all of them want to destroy everything because of the promise of heaven.

There is fanatics every where, I just didn’t know they were on Dz.com at 29% of the votes.
I bet all 29% were not promised heaven do you?

Is that sarcasm?

Did I miss something?

Or was I stating the obvious-If I was I guess I am just surprised that any one votes for the world to end. Especially a group like skydivers who I have noticed love to live life

You were stating the obvious. I was just agreeing with you.

I just didn’t know they were on Dz.com at 29% of the votes.

Nope, just pathetic and posting on websites all day. oh, wait

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"Good" and "bad" are human value judgements. Without humans there are no human value judgements.

Yep... When someone dies, it is not the person who is dead that has a problem with it; it is the people left behind who cared about that person that have a problem... But if _everyone_ died, there would be no one around to worry about whether it was a good thing or a bad thing... so it would be neither really.

Well that depends on their point of view. I'm sure they weren't all promised heaven.

Try this: We're all gonna go someday. Going out in a blaze together sounds like as a good a plan as any.

Or: Violence begets violence begets violence. It can't go on forever, so if it takes destroying the human race, so be it.

Or: If the bomb's gonna drop anyway, I'd rather not survive, and I'd be happier if my loved ones died instantly rather than suffer through the horrible aftermath.

Or: We're destroying the planet one species and resource at a time. At least if we're eliminated, it might be able to recover in a few million years.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?