kallend

Gender neutral restrooms?

Do you suppose that people would keep bathrooms tidier if they were all unisex?

For example, the guy who never washes his hands post-potty might start if he thought women at the sink paid attention. Similarly, women might not be such slobs about paper towels and feminine items out of modesty. (Btw, women are on average messier in public restrooms than men).

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Unisex bathrooms is one of the last anachronisms of the modern age. I find it odd that they keep hanging around. Make all bathrooms unisexual, but make the partitions floor to ceiling. Nobody will care.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

For gosh sakes, read it a second time. Next time I'm using single quotes :P

In fact, I'm going to edit it right now.

Edit: It gets cold in Minnesota, but not that cold

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

UC Berkeley has co-ed bathrooms. The doors on stalls extend to the floor, and are taller than usual, for privacy. ditto with shower areas. When I visited there, it was perfectly comfortable, and I really don't see why other public restrooms shouldn't be like that, provided they have the taller walls and doors for privacy.

except that boys tend to make bathrooms really stinky....and the sticky floors. YUCK!!!! I HATE it when there's a line to the girls' restroom, but the boys' is empty. Of course if I've really gotta go, I'll go to theirs, but 9 times out of 10 it's just too nasty to do except in an emergency....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

>except that boys tend to make bathrooms really stinky....and the sticky floors.

My first summer job was at a state park; I picked up trash and cleaned out the bathrooms. The women's were always much skankier than the men's. Men miss and pee on the floor, but women seem to leave a lot of trash around, and the place always smelled like a combination of cheap perfume and sewer gas. Which is much worse than plain ol sewer gas.

I wondered about this awhile back. While at work an openly gay co-worker came in and stood at the urinal beside me. That didn't bother me, but then he decide to look over and check me out. That made me very uncomfortable. Ever since that day I have chosen to use the actual stalls even if I have to wait. I think the new bathroom is a good idea but it would be better in my opinion if it was called the "Alternative Lifestyle" restroom.

Greenie in training.

>except that boys tend to make bathrooms really stinky....and the sticky floors.

My first summer job was at a state park; I picked up trash and cleaned out the bathrooms. The women's were always much skankier than the men's. Men miss and pee on the floor, but women seem to leave a lot of trash around, and the place always smelled like a combination of cheap perfume and sewer gas. Which is much worse than plain ol sewer gas.

So there ya have it....segregated restrooms will keep us all happier ;)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

LOL - where was that, Bill? I did the same sort of work at Bolsa Chica State Beach off Huntington and had exactly the same sort of experience. A hose took care of most of the trouble in the men's side.

Berkeley has had the coed bathrooms on all coed floors (each 8 story dorm had one male and one female floor) dating back at least to 1990. Showers were individual stalls. It worked fine enough, but honestly, sometimes we prefer an illusion. It's not cool hearing a cute girl take a crap next door.

>LOL - where was that, Bill?

Cantiaque park in NY.

> It worked fine enough, but honestly, sometimes we prefer an illusion.
>It's not cool hearing a cute girl take a crap next door.

I never much cared, honestly. You can't see the other person when they're in the stall, and at MIT you couldn't tell from what people were wearing either.

Last time at Z-Hills I noticed it has women-only restrooms and unisex restrooms, but no men-only restrooms. Given that only some 15% of skydivers are female, what kind of logic is that?

Logic or not, it works out great. Now only the women wait for women to get out of the restrooms. The guys have no wait time at all. :)
Also, the mens toilet seats aren't sticky from women peeing on them. ;)

I think gender neutral bathrooms are a great idea. But not for the reasons being debated here.

How about the Dad who has to take is 4 year old daughter to the bathroom? She either has to watch men in the urinals or listen to women scream as her father walks her into the ladies room.

A bathroom is a bathroom. Put those urinals in a private place and take those little Senor and Senorita signs off the door!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Last time at Z-Hills I noticed it has women-only restrooms and unisex restrooms, but no men-only restrooms. Given that only some 15% of skydivers are female, what kind of logic is that?

Logic or not, it works out great. Now only the women wait for women to get out of the restrooms. The guys have no wait time at all. :)

Also, the mens toilet seats aren't sticky from women peeing on them. ;)

Ummm - I think you are missing something here.:$

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here are some bathroom-related issues that could crop up:

It isn't too far a stretch to see female prostitutes hanging around in bathrooms to service customers.

Second, if women sees a mans genitalia inside the restroom, is it lewd behavior and unlawful?

Would sexual predators have an area of opportunity?

Shared bathrooms raises a host of problems. Sure, we can say "we can all be adults", but that rarely happens.

It seems like this is just creating another stack of problems where there is none currently.

I think gender neutral bathrooms are a great idea. But not for the reasons being debated here.

How about the Dad who has to take is 4 year old daughter to the bathroom? She either has to watch men in the urinals or listen to women scream as her father walks her into the ladies room.

A bathroom is a bathroom. Put those urinals in a private place and take those little Senor and Senorita signs off the door!

Right on sister!

>It isn't too far a stretch to see female prostitutes hanging around
>in bathrooms to service customers.

So we should keep the gay-prostitute-friendly system we have now?

>Second, if women sees a mans genitalia inside the restroom, is
>it lewd behavior and unlawful?

No more so than if a man looks down a woman's top. It's just rude.

>Shared bathrooms raises a host of problems. Sure, we can say "we
>can all be adults", but that rarely happens.

A bunch of 17-21 year olds handles it without problems at many colleges.

All I know is when I lived in Austin you just learned to look under the stalls. If the feet were facing toward the toilet you just used the other stalls.

Besides, I never sit on the seat anyways, I always flush with my feet, and if the line is really long I just use the boys and make sure I don't touch anything.

Can't we all just get along? :)

Call me old fashioned, but I really don't want to hear women ripping up the toilet. Not that I don't know that it happens, but some things just need to be private. What was that word that almost everyone seems to have forgotten? Ah, decorum.

Next thing you know, someone will be making men have kids... because, really, we're all the same.:S
Oh, hello again!